SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Canadiens Goaltending Need?

What's next?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 20, 2021 at 1:21 a.m.
I make Articals.
The Canadiens will need a decent backup considering that Jake Allen is a favourite to get taken by Seattle.

Who? You might ask? Well I think that Jonathan Bernier is a good candidate considering he has been posting good numbers despite the team he is on.

Bernier might not actually resign with the Red Wings considering the state of the team.

Another good candidate to me is James Reimer, since Alex Nedeljkovic has bloomed into a decent starter if not a great 1b as Reimer's services are basically no longer needed.

Who do YOU guys think about the backup situation?

I would like your opinion

Thank you for reading!
May 20, 2021 at 1:22 a.m.
I make Articals.
This is my first article.

I will make more.

Pls vote what you want next!
May 20, 2021 at 1:24 a.m.
I make Articals.
If something else, pls post a comment!
May 20, 2021 at 4:28 a.m.
MTL is such a fascinating team to discuss. They always have super high expectations.

I think Primeau is gonna eventually be a #1 (or 1A/1B with Price). But, that's probably down the road a few years. In the meantime, I think they should go for a more affordable UFA Goalie on a 2-3 year deal. I'm thinking Driedger (FLA), Elliot (PHI), or maybe Brossoit (WPG). They need to free up some cap. Spending $13M+ on goaltending is not a viable option when your competitors are getting better goaltending at 1/3 the cap, or less. Bernier, like you said, is definitely another guy worth looking at. But, all of this is contingent upon Seattle drafting Allen, which I'm not convinced will happen.

I always like discussing what teams need to do to become more competitive. Making playoff predictions is a little bit been there done that.
A_Habs_fan and Tntpod liked this.
May 20, 2021 at 6:21 a.m.
Well it depends if we let Seattle take Allen or we pay Seattle to take someone like Byron/Chiarot, our main problem is that Price isn’t really a starter anymore he’s a 1a/1b and age won’t do him any favours
Tntpod liked this.
May 20, 2021 at 7:00 a.m.
There will be a lot of goalies available this offseason as UFAs. The one I'm waiting to find out where they land is Ullmark. Having a Price/Ullmark tandem would be something for MTL.

I think Allen is the pick from MTL, unless SEA can get Danault to sign with them during that window.
Tntpod liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit