Habs: Plan for 2021 Draft

Habs: Plan for 2021 Draft

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Suzuki_Cup
Published: May 26, 2021 at 8:01 p.m.
Description
Who should we focus?
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-McTavish is a favorite of mine. Only problem, he was too good at the U18. He won't be available at 16.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-If we look for a RD, which is the position where our depth is the worst, the only real player I see is Ceulemans. I guess I would be happy if we picked him.
3Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Our prospect pool allows us to take a chance with a "Boom or Bust" prospect. I would like Bergevin to make this gamble.
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-If we look at French Canadiens, the best option is probably L'Heureux. He plays a gritty game, which could really help us.
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Chibrikov was great at the U18, but do we really need another RW? (We have Anderson and Gallagher who are signed long term + Caufield)
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Our second weakest position is LW, especially if Tatar leaves in UFA and Drouin is traded. I would be happy with Othmann or Olausson.
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
9Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-
16Logo of the New York Rangers-
17Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-These players will be gone when we pick
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
20Logo of the Nashville Predators-
21Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
22Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York Islanders
23Logo of the Boston Bruins-
24Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
26Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
27Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
29Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
30Logo of the Florida Panthers-
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
May 26, 2021 at 10:27 p.m.
High reward
L’heureux and Räty have upside for sure, but there is a tone of risk to probably not get much offence. Don’t see Räty being available though. Higher chance of sillinger than mctavish. Mason is big, strong, showed some physicality in the world juniors, solid defence, pure centre, won a ton of faceoffs in the world juniors. Sillinger has a ton of offensive upside especially with his shot

My order would be
Mctavish
Sillinger
Räty
————
Chibrikov
Tuomaala
Bourgault
Svechov
L’heureux

Not a huge fan of Othman and Olausson
Suzuki_Cup liked this.
May 26, 2021 at 10:49 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Quoting: Howisjulienstillhere
High reward
L’heureux and Räty have upside for sure, but there is a tone of risk to probably not get much offence. Don’t see Räty being available though. Higher chance of sillinger than mctavish. Mason is big, strong, showed some physicality in the world juniors, solid defence, pure centre, won a ton of faceoffs in the world juniors. Sillinger has a ton of offensive upside especially with his shot

My order would be
Mctavish
Sillinger
Räty
————
Chibrikov
Tuomaala
Bourgault
Svechov
L’heureux

Not a huge fan of Othman and Olausson

L'heaureux has fantastic offensive tools
May 26, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
L'heaureux has fantastic offensive tools

He’s so slow and can barely pass. His hands are okay and so is his shot
May 27, 2021 at 9:47 a.m.
I think we should draft Bourgault 16th. I like what I saw from him. At the very least, I see him being a 3rd C in the NHL but I think he could be a good 2nd line winger. I know we have Anderson and Gallagher but in like 3 years when Bourgault will be ready to play top 6, I don't know if Gallagher will still be there because of his multi hands injuries. Having Caufield, Bourgault, Anderson and Ylonen on the RW is very good.
Suzuki_Cup liked this.
May 27, 2021 at 10:49 a.m.
Quoting: Sam_Qc
I think we should draft Bourgault 16th. I like what I saw from him. At the very least, I see him being a 3rd C in the NHL but I think he could be a good 2nd line winger. I know we have Anderson and Gallagher but in like 3 years when Bourgault will be ready to play top 6, I don't know if Gallagher will still be there because of his multi hands injuries. Having Caufield, Bourgault, Anderson and Ylonen on the RW is very good.

I could live with Bourgault. Though, I do not think drafting him and project him as a 3rd line center is a great idea. The guy is an offensive threat, while is defensive game needs work.
If we want him to play C, it could allow us to trade either KK or Poehling for a LW or a RD. If not, Bourgault could play on the wing, but if we want a RW, I would rather have Chibrikov.
May 27, 2021 at 10:58 a.m.
Quoting: Suzuki_Cup
I could live with Bourgault. Though, I do not think drafting him and project him as a 3rd line center is a great idea. The guy is an offensive threat, while is defensive game needs work.
If we want him to play C, it could allow us to trade either KK or Poehling for a LW or a RD. If not, Bourgault could play on the wing, but if we want a RW, I would rather have Chibrikov.

I agree but I'm not really a fan of Chibrikov. I compare Bourgault to a mix of Beauvillier and Cam Atkinson so it's a great pick and like last year's draft, I thought Mavrik Bourque would be picked higher because he can be a good top 6 player so I think Bourgault with KK in a couple years will be great.
May 27, 2021 at 11:31 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
If McTavish is on the board at 15 & Dallas doesn’t take him, Nill needs to be stripped of draft duties.

Assuming guys like Lucius & Lysell are off the board (they absolutely should be), I’ve got McTavish as the best player available for Dallas at 15 & he fills an organizational need as well.
May 27, 2021 at 12:05 p.m.
Quoting: TheMooterus
If McTavish is on the board at 15 & Dallas doesn’t take him, Nill needs to be stripped of draft duties.

Assuming guys like Lucius & Lysell are off the board (they absolutely should be), I’ve got McTavish as the best player available for Dallas at 15 & he fills an organizational need as well.

Do you have Lucius before McTavish?
May 27, 2021 at 1:24 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
Quoting: Suzuki_Cup
Do you have Lucius before McTavish?

Personally, I do, but they are ranked within 1 spot of each other on my personal board, so I'd be fine with either of the two.
Suzuki_Cup liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll