Forums/Armchair-GM

Blues-Pens Trade is Interesting

Created by: Coleharborcrosby
Team: 2021-22 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 8, 2021
Published: Jun. 9, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Both teams need a shakeup and there could be a big trade between the 2?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$800,000
2$800,000
4$2,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$2,500,000
2$800,000
2$1,000,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Kassian, Zack ($1,600,000 retained)
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (EDM)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$76,491,364$0$212,500$5,008,636
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,636,364$2,636,364
RW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$1,600,000$1,600,000
RW
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$0$0
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 9, 2021 at 6:43 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
What regression??

His minutes per game went up. He was put on the ice alot in crucial parts of the game. Not sheltered minutes at all. Was the Point on the 2nd PP unit and played PK too.

Had a better year, taking on a lot more responsibility.

His minutes per game went up 30 seconds. He played four fewer games. So he played 56 fewer minutes than in 19/20. And he had four PP points, it's nothing to write home about. I'm not saying he's bad or that he was bad, any team would love to have him. But he clearly produced less than the year before. BIf points cut in half (26 down to 13) doesn't even let on a whiff of regression, I don't know what else to tell ya. It's all right there on his stats, for anyone to see.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 7:02 p.m.
Edited Jun. 9, 2021 at 7:12 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
His minutes per game went up 30 seconds. He played four fewer games. So he played 56 fewer minutes than in 19/20. And he had four PP points, it's nothing to write home about. I'm not saying he's bad or that he was bad, any team would love to have him. But he clearly produced less than the year before. BIf points cut in half (26 down to 13) doesn't even let on a whiff of regression, I don't know what else to tell ya. It's all right there on his stats, for anyone to see.

You said “major regression”.

Again, his minutes per game went up. 30 seconds, great. They went up. It’s not a regression. And like I said, he took on more responsible and was on the ice for critical shifts/possessions.

You can argue over semantics all u want. Fact is, minutes per game went up. Not regressed. Just like I said.!! Sully has major trust in him.

This is just a crazy argument. It’s not my ACGM.

I said Parayko > Marino right now.

But Marino has more potential and Parayko is a UFA after this season. And Marino is signed long term. And Parayko is coming off an injury.

No way the Pens even listen to the deal. And the Blues would accept it faster than a blink of an eye.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 8:39 p.m.
First of all, I never said the Pens should make that trade. Not even sure how you got to that idea. Secondly, Marino had half the point total of 19/20 in about the same minutes, fewer blocks, fewer hits, etc etc etc. His analytic numbers were closer to level of the season before, but any observer should be easily able to notice that Marino wasn't quite as good last season as he had been the year before. That's just simple math and it is available for all to see on his stats. So maybe reel in the personal attack angle. It's not just unnecessary, it's demonstrably false.

If you actually watched Marino both years you could tell Marino improved this year over last. He was given a bigger role and excelled. His analytics show that too. He doesn’t have as many hits or blocks because he had possession more often. Having hits and blocks means you don’t have the puck and you’re getting stuck in your own defensive end. That’s just simple hockey. It’s not my fault that stupid trolls are on this site and regurgitate the same nonsense over and over lol. Heck I didn’t even bring up expansion draft which increases Marino’s value even more and decreases Paraykos value even more. Even non pens/non blues fans agree Marino > Parayko
Jun. 10, 2021 at 6:01 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Pensfan89
If you actually watched Marino both years you could tell Marino improved this year over last. He was given a bigger role and excelled. His analytics show that too.

He doesn’t have as many hits or blocks because he had possession more often.

Heck I didn’t even bring up expansion draft which increases Marino’s value even more and decreases Paraykos value even more.

Even non pens/non blues fans agree Marino > Parayko

1- Marino's x+/- (using xG instead of actual goals for and against) dropped from +3.7 to -7.2. So I'm not at all sure what analytics you guys are looking at that tell you his analytics showed improvement from the previous season.

2- Uhh no, he didn't. Again, not sure how you gleaned that from his analytic stats. And again, you keep skipping right around that little points cut in half business.

3- What???? How on Earth do you imagine any of that works?

4- Oi vey... I'm done here. Have a good one in your custom reality.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 11:12 a.m.
1- Marino's x+/- (using xG instead of actual goals for and against) dropped from +3.7 to -7.2. So I'm not at all sure what analytics you guys are looking at that tell you his analytics showed improvement from the previous season.

2- Uhh no, he didn't. Again, not sure how you gleaned that from his analytic stats. And again, you keep skipping right around that little points cut in half business.

3- What???? How on Earth do you imagine any of that works?

4- Oi vey... I'm done here. Have a good one in your custom reality.

1. I’ve provided the advanced stats. Marino > Parayko. It’s not my fault you don’t understand advanced stats.
2. Because his possession stats are better this year than last year. Not exactly rocket science.
3. Marino is exempt from the draft and Parayko isn’t. I bet if you ask 31 GM’s if they’d rather one of their top 4 defensemen be flat out exempt from the expansion draft so they could protect the other 3 and I’d bet 31 gm’s would say they would.
4. The only ones living in a custom reality are the Homer blues fans that think Parayko is better than Marino. I mean you’re sitting there looking at point totals to judge how good a defenseman is lol. Cause that’s totally their priority number 1 job. I mean that’s not a battle that you want to get into since Parayko’s point totals have dropped over the past few seasons And his goal total significantly dropped from this season to last season 🤷‍♂️. Would have only had 4 goals in 64 games as opposed to 10 last year. And if you want to bring up injuries…ok, Marino had covid. He also played like half the season with Matheson and helped revive Matheson’s career.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 4:51 p.m.
mokumboi
1. I’ve provided the advanced stats. Marino > Parayko. It’s not my fault you don’t understand advanced stats.
2. Because his possession stats are better this year than last year. Not exactly rocket science.
3. Marino is exempt from the draft and Parayko isn’t. I bet if you ask 31 GM’s if they’d rather one of their top 4 defensemen be flat out exempt from the expansion draft so they could protect the other 3 and I’d bet 31 gm’s would say they would.
4. The only ones living in a custom reality are the Homer blues fans that think Parayko is better than Marino. I mean you’re sitting there looking at point totals to judge how good a defenseman is lol. Cause that’s totally their priority number 1 job. I mean that’s not a battle that you want to get into since Parayko’s point totals have dropped over the past few seasons And his goal total significantly dropped from this season to last season 🤷‍♂️. Would have only had 4 goals in 64 games as opposed to 10 last year. And if you want to bring up injuries…ok, Marino had covid. He also played like half the season with Matheson and helped revive Matheson’s career.

This notion that most NHL fans think Marino is better than Parayko is hi-larious. How many AGMs do you see with people trying to offer a **** ton for Marino? Because there's been dozens upon dozens upon dozens if not hundreds of large Parayko offers. I'm bored with this. Live your custom reality if you wish, there's not even a remote hint of a chance the Blues would accept this offer.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 8:42 p.m.
This notion that most NHL fans think Marino is better than Parayko is hi-larious. How many AGMs do you see with people trying to offer a **** ton for Marino? Because there's been dozens upon dozens upon dozens if not hundreds of large Parayko offers. I'm bored with this. Live your custom reality if you wish, there's not even a remote hint of a chance the Blues would accept this offer.

Maybe 2 years ago lol. But there have been plenty that offer a ton for Marino lolol
Jun. 11, 2021 at 2:07 a.m.
mokumboi
Maybe 2 years ago lol. But there have been plenty that offer a ton for Marino lolol

Nah, dude. Right now, currently. Parayko trades left, right and center. I've seen far more Pens fans trading Marino than other teams' fans trading for him. Just more custom reality claims.
Jun. 12, 2021 at 1:50 p.m.
Nah, dude. Right now, currently. Parayko trades left, right and center. I've seen far more Pens fans trading Marino than other teams' fans trading for him. Just more custom reality claims.

That’s just absolute nonsense and shows you’re the one living in a custom reality. Literally just searched pens acgms and went down the hole first page and didn’t find a single Marino trade, not even troll ones from pens fans. Yet I did the same for the blues and only took going through 6 to find a Parayko trade by a blues fan. The fact of the matter is, the only pens fans trading Marino are either trolls like this acgm poster who spent the whole trade deadline month convinced the pens were trading for Getzlaf and Deslauriers at the deadline and the pens were gonna trade Malkin and Letang in the offseason and another person that was trying to trade him, Zucker, Poulin, and a 1st for an oft-injured 30 something year old defenseman on the downward end of his career because of name sake, or fans trading him for a kings ransom. I see plenty of Oilers fans trying to trade for him back and tons of fans of other teams trying to trade for him. The reason they have died down a little bit is because they get the same response from pens fans. That it’d take a kings ransom as he is the future 1 RHD and expansion exempt.

And just an FYI, the first page of blues AGMs had 4 Parayko trades to the pens trading Marino 0 times.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll