21$81,500,000$65,250,633$113,916$932,500$16,249,367
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $9,000,000$9,000,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 3
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 5
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    $3,050,000$3,050,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,200,000$2,200,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 2
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 2
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $5,200,000$5,200,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $2,425,000$2,425,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    Logo of the New Jersey Devils
    $9,000,000$9,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    G
    RFA - 1
    $889,166$889,166
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    RD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 2:39 p.m.
    Quoting: worldwidesensei
    Never mentioned Reinhart, specifically. You seem to have some problem with him specifically, that you are unable to illustrate through words.

i don't have a problem with Reinhart. i have a problem with the trade you proposed. it does not address any of the Rangers needs.
    this was my initial argument, to which your only rebuttal was that Reinhart scored 24 goals last year.
    if you are going to try and twist words, at least be good at.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 2:44 p.m.
    Quoting: NYR1983
    Fine, he looked good in 25 games. Strome has never looked good at C. So getting the better player to be the insufficient 2C is still an upgrade.. for the cost of nothing. And the possibility that he actually is a good 2C is just gravy

a first rounder and Georgiev shouldn't be considered nothing.
    that a lot to pay for an experimental positional player that the Rangers most likely won't be able to afford and don't need in the lineup.
    so would you rather have Strome and Buch or just Reinhart?
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
    Quoting: Mike_Gartner
    a first rounder and Georgiev shouldn't be considered nothing.
    that a lot to pay for an experimental positional player that the Rangers most likely won't be able to afford and don't need in the lineup.
    so would you rather have Strome and Buch or just Reinhart?

How much do you think Reinhart will cost? Strome and Buch both will be 5-6M each. These guys aren’t being lost in the trade. You must have half a clue to realize we will get a lower 1st from a team like MIN for Strome also? So essentially we are losing Geo which is worth 3rd-2nd, getting ADA off the book which would cost a 4th/5th, downgrading the first by 3-6 spots and upgrading a top 6 player.. I’m not sure why you think we are being taken to the cleaners on this one hahaha
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 3:23 p.m.
    How much do you think Reinhart will cost? Strome and Buch both will be 5-6M each. These guys aren’t being lost in the trade. You must have half a clue to realize we will get a lower 1st from a team like MIN for Strome also? So essentially we are losing Geo which is worth 3rd-2nd, getting ADA off the book which would cost a 4th/5th, downgrading the first by 3-6 spots and upgrading a top 6 player.. I’m not sure why you think we are being taken to the cleaners on this one hahaha

i don't think the value is off. my problem isn't with the value, it's with the unnecessary return.
    teams don't just trade players to get other good players, they trade players for need.
    Georgiev and Strome can be used to trade for need, I don't think Strome will be on this team past next years deadline so his future contract is meaningless.
    Georgiev will probably be gone within the same timeline as well.

the 1st, Strome and Georgiev can be used together or separately to address team needs, not just add another guy because he is "good".
    the Rangers already have Buch, there is no need for Reinhart - statistically, they are the same exact player offensively. and i don't know this for sure, but would bet Buch's defensive game is better than Reinhart's. So the Rangers just traded away a 1st and a good goalie for a player they already have. it just isn't a fit.

Reinhart is going to ask for 7x7.5. Buch will ask for less.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.
    i don't think the value is off. my problem isn't with the value, it's with the unnecessary return.
    teams don't just trade players to get other good players, they trade players for need.
    Georgiev and Strome can be used to trade for need, I don't think Strome will be on this team past next years deadline so his future contract is meaningless.
    Georgiev will probably be gone within the same timeline as well.

the 1st, Strome and Georgiev can be used together or separately to address team needs, not just add another guy because he is "good".
    the Rangers already have Buch, there is no need for Reinhart - statistically, they are the same exact player offensively. and i don't know this for sure, but would bet Buch's defensive game is better than Reinhart's. So the Rangers just traded away a 1st and a good goalie for a player they already have. it just isn't a fit.

Reinhart is going to ask for 7x7.5. Buch will ask for less.

So just from an asset management perspective. You rather keep 2 dying contracts that will be gone by this time next year for essentially no return than get ADA off the books and have an asset that is lock in for another 5-6 years that could always be traded for more assets? This seems off. 1. Reinhart doesn’t get more than 7M aav. It would allow us to keep him for an additional year and move him the following year when we need to sign the youth to bridge deals. Finding a back up that can play as well as Geo for this season wouldn’t be hard and would come cheaper.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
    So just from an asset management perspective. You rather keep 2 dying contracts that will be gone by this time next year for essentially no return than get ADA off the books and have an asset that is lock in for another 5-6 years that could always be traded for more assets? This seems off. 1. Reinhart doesn’t get more than 7M aav. It would allow us to keep him for an additional year and move him the following year when we need to sign the youth to bridge deals. Finding a back up that can play as well as Geo for this season wouldn’t be hard and would come cheaper.

Reading comprehension. I know it’s tough.
    I’d rather move RS and AG for assets needed rather than trade them with ADA and the 1st for a player that is not needed! The guy does not address a single need, just pushes the youth further down.

Out of curiosity, if this awful trade happens, where does he play in the lineup?

Trading for Reinhart all but sends Buch packing. Why would the Rangers do that?
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 8:15 p.m.
    Reading comprehension. I know it’s tough.
    I’d rather move RS and AG for assets needed rather than trade them with ADA and the 1st for a player that is not needed! The guy does not address a single need, just pushes the youth further down.

Out of curiosity, if this awful trade happens, where does he play in the lineup?

Trading for Reinhart all but sends Buch packing. Why would the Rangers do that?

The original statement I made is that he would be 2C which would be an upgrade to Strome as a player and potentially as a C even though he only played half a season at C. I guess this is the “reading comprehension” you are referring to hahaha. I was wondering why you kept saying Buch this and Buch that. He isn’t to replace Buch.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 2:37 a.m.
    The guy does not address a single need

Not sure why you keep saying this. Reinhart, who played on one of the worst teams in recent history, scored more goals than anyone on the Rangers this year. Why wouldn't a team want to add a player that scored more than anyone else?

I don't know the Rangers line-up that well, so please feel free to adjust:

Panarin-Z-Buch
    Kreider-Reinhart-Kakko
    Laf- Strome-Blackwell

Who exactly is Reinhart pushing down? Some guy who accumulated 8 or fewer goals?

And if you don't like him as a C, you can do this:

Panarin-Z-Reinhart
    Kreider-Strome-Buch
    Laf-Blackwell-Kakko

Again, who is being pushed down? Feel free to swap Buch and Reinhart if you wish, but that looks like a solid top-9 to me. Chytil could easily take Blackwell's spot in either scenario, but honestly I don't see who is being pushed down. You're worried about someone who scores 8 goals being pushed down by someone who scores 25?
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 9:51 a.m.
    Quoting: worldwidesensei
    Not sure why you keep saying this. Reinhart, who played on one of the worst teams in recent history, scored more goals than anyone on the Rangers this year. Why wouldn't a team want to add a player that scored more than anyone else?

I don't know the Rangers line-up that well, so please feel free to adjust:

Panarin-Z-Buch
    Kreider-Reinhart-Kakko
    Laf- Strome-Blackwell

Who exactly is Reinhart pushing down? Some guy who accumulated 8 or fewer goals?

And if you don't like him as a C, you can do this:

Panarin-Z-Reinhart
    Kreider-Strome-Buch
    Laf-Blackwell-Kakko

Again, who is being pushed down? Feel free to swap Buch and Reinhart if you wish, but that looks like a solid top-9 to me. Chytil could easily take Blackwell's spot in either scenario, but honestly I don't see who is being pushed down. You're worried about someone who scores 8 goals being pushed down by someone who scores 25?

in both scenarios you are pushing one of Laf, Kakko or Strome out of the top 6. these guys need to be in the top 6 to be successful. Laf and Kakko are not 3rd line players. Strome has chemistry with Panarin. I don't have a problem with Reinhart as a player, but he just doesn't help the Rangers in areas that need to be addressed. they already have Buch, Reinhart and Buch have identical numbers. not to mention, the Rangers cannot afford Reinhart. the Rangers need an upgrade at 2C and veteran help on the left side of their D. Reinhart doesn't do this...

all you talk about is goals, the Rangers do not need to add more goals to the lineup - they were in the top 10 this year in goals scored. you are looking at this with blinders on, not in a logical manner.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 9:53 a.m.
    The original statement I made is that he would be 2C which would be an upgrade to Strome as a player and potentially as a C even though he only played half a season at C. I guess this is the “reading comprehension” you are referring to hahaha. I was wondering why you kept saying Buch this and Buch that. He isn’t to replace Buch.

but he will replace Buch because the Rangers cannot afford both.
    making an assumption that Reinhart can be a full time 2C is way too risky.
    it would be less risky working with Strome on improving faceoffs and not taking offensive zone penalties.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll