SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

June Draft Rankings part 2

June Draft Rankings part 2

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Jun. 29, 2021 at 2:28 p.m.
Description
Ignore the teams. These are just rankings.

Thank you for the support on part 1! Let's keep it going in part 2. As always leave any opinions or feedback in the comments!

To summarize part 1, it was basically the first round only. I will have my final draft rankings after the Seattle Expansion Draft.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Projection: Franchise Defenseman Readiness: 1 Year Pros: Size, Mobility, Shot, Two-Way Cons: Defensive Awareness Comparable: Victor Hedman
2Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Projection: Franchise Goalie Readiness: 1 Year Pros: Size, Poise, Calmness, Butterfly Cons: Stiffness Comparable: Carey Price
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Projection: Top-Six Center Readiness: 2 Years Pros: Skill, Goal-Scoring, Skating, Vision Cons: Size Comparable: Henrik Zetterberg
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Projection: Top-Six Center Readiness: 1 Year Pros: Maturity, Effort, Two-Way, Poise Cons: Physicality Comparable: Dylan Larkin
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Projection: Top-Two Defenseman Readiness: 1 Year Pros: Skating, Creativity, Upside Cons: Defense Comparable: Dougie Hamilton
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Projection: Top-Two Defenseman Readiness: 1 Year Pros: Intelligence, Skating, Playmaking Cons: Physicality Comparable: PK Subban
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Projection: Top-Six Winger Readiness: 1 Year Pros: Goal-Scoring, Passing, Skating Cons: Defense Comparable: Kyle Connor
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Projection: Top-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Creativity, Playmaking, Flash Cons: Skating, Defense Comparable: Mitch Marner
9Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Projection: Top-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Creativity, Offensive Awareness, Vision, Skating Cons: Size, Consistency Comparable: Artemi Panarin
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Projection: Top-Four Defenseman Readiness: 2 Years Pros: Physicality, Size, Two-Way, Creativity Cons: Consistency Comparable: Oliver Ekman-Larsson
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Projection: Middle-Six Center Readiness: 2 Years Pros: Goal-Scoring, Physicality, Size Cons: Skating Comparable: Nazem Kadri
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-Projection: Franchise Goalie Readiness: 2 Years Pros: Size, Athleticism, Poise, Puck Tracking Cons: Aggressiveness Comparable: Ben Bishop
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Projection: Middle-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Hockey Sense, Goal-Scoring, Puck Handling Cons: Injury Prone, Skating Comparable: Elias Lindholm
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-Projection: Top-Four Defenseman Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Calmness, Two-Way, Maturity, Hockey IQ Cons: Offense, Consistency Comparable: Ivan Provorov
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Projection: Top-Four Defenseman Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Two-Way, Transitional Play, Size Cons: Decision Making Comparable: Jake Bean
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Projection: Middle-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: NHL Bloodlines, Goal-Scoring, Hockey IQ Cons: Skating Comparable: Cole Perfetti
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Projection: Middle-Six Winger Readiness: 2 Years Pros: Goal-Scoring, Explosiveness, Passing Cons: Skating Comparable: Alex DeBrincat
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-Projection: Top-Four Defenseman Readiness: 1 Year Pros: Defense, Shot, Upside Cons: Injury Prone, Speed Comparable: Ryan Suter
20Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Projection: Middle-Six Winger Readiness: 5+ Years Pros: Skating, Shot, Vision Cons: Strength Comparable: Brad Marchand
21Logo of the Boston Bruins-Projection: Middle-Six Winger Readiness: 5+ Years Pros: Playmaking, Hockey IQ, Transitional Play Cons: Speed, Offense Comparable: Jesse Puljujarvi
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Projection: Middle-Six Winger Readiness: 4 Years Pros: Goal-Scoring, Passing, Vision Cons: Explosiveness, Awareness Comparable: Matthew Tkachuk
23Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsProjection: Middle-Six Center Readiness: 2 Years Pros: Playmaking, Puck Battles, Wrist Shot Cons: Confidence, Consistency Comparable: Jonathan Toews
24Logo of the Florida Panthers-Projection: Middle-Six Center Readiness: 4 Years Pros: Two-Way, Puck Handling Cons: Upside, Skating Comparable: Sean Couturier
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsProjection: Middle-Six Center Readiness: 5 Years Pros: Energy, Quick Release Cons: Size, Skating Comparable: Tyler Johnson
26Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsProjection: Top-Four Defenseman Readiness: 4 Years Pros: Poise, Skating, Defense Cons: Offense Comparable: Mattias Ekholm
27Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Projection: Bottom-Six Winger Readiness: 4 Years Pros: Goal-Scoring, Forecheck Cons: Skating Comparable: Gabriel Landeskog
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Projection: Bottom-Six Winger Readiness: 4 Years Pros: Poise, One-Timer, Goal-Scoring Cons: Strength Comparable: Micheal Ryder
29Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersProjection: Bottom-Six Winger Readiness: 4 Years Pros: Power Forward, Defense, Shot Cons: Discipline, Skating Comparable: Max Domi
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Projection: Bottom-Six Center Readiness: 4 Years Pros: Agility, Creativity, Shot Cons: Consistency Comparable: Cam Atkinson
31Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Projection: Bottom-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Skating, Quick Hands, Flashy Cons: Defense Comparable: Nikolaj Ehlers
32Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningProjection: Bottom-Pair Defenseman Readiness: 5+ Years Pros: Offense, Puck Handling, Skating, Competitive Cons: Defense, Weak Competition Comparable: Tyson Barrie
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Projection: Bottom-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Offense, Hands, Vision, Creativity Cons: Physicality Comparable: Nikolaj Ehlers
34Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Projection: Middle-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Skating, Strength, Power Forward, Shot Cons: Inconsistent Comparable: Glen Murray
35Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Projection: Bottom-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Two-Way, Hands, Effort, Strength Cons: Defense, Upside Comparable: Filip Forsberg
36Logo of the Vegas Golden KnightsLogo of the New Jersey DevilsProjection: Bottom-Six Center Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Two-Way, Hockey IQ, Vision, Puck Battles Cons: Upside, Injury Prone Comparable: Ryan Spooner
37Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsProjection: Middle-Six Winger Readiness: 2 Years Pros: Two-Way, Speed, Hands, Forecheck Cons: Size, Inconsistent Comparable: Anthony Beauvillier
38Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Projection: Bottom-Pair Defenseman Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Size, Passing, Range, Gap Control Cons: Offense Comparable: Brandon Carlo
39Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksProjection: Middle-Six Winger Readiness: 4 Years Pros: Speed, Offense, Elusiveness, Puck Battles Cons: Size, Upside Comparable: Brendan Gallagher
40Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Projection: Bottom-Pair Defenseman Readiness: 2 Years Pros: Skating, Two-Way, Hockey IQ, Defense Cons: Size Comparable: Charlie McAvoy
41Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Projection: Bottom-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Hockey IQ, Playmaking, 200-ft Game, Vision, Hands Cons: Skating Comparable: Alex Tanguay
42Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Projection: Bottom-Pair Defenseman Readiness: 2 Years Pros: Size, Skating, Two-Way, Shot, Range, Physical Cons: Defense Comparable: unknown
43Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Projection: Bottom-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Range, Two-Way, Shot, Hands, Hockey IQ Cons: Speed Comparable: Dylan Cozens
44Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Projection: Bottom-Six Winger Readiness: 3 Years Pros: NHL Bloodlines, Size, Strength, Range, Two-Way, Shot Cons: Speed, Playmaking Comparable: Kirby Dach
45Logo of the Calgary Flames-Projection: Bottom-Pair Defenseman Readiness: 3 Years Pros: Passing, Mobility, Defense Cons: Gap Control Comparable: unknown
46Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
47Logo of the Dallas Stars-
48Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Rangers
49Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the St. Louis Blues
50Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
51Logo of the Nashville Predators-
52Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
53Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Boston Bruins
54Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
55Logo of the Washington Capitals-
56Logo of the Florida Panthers-
57Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
58Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
59Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
60Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
61Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York Islanders
62Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
63Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
64Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Jun. 29, 2021 at 2:40 p.m.
power forward
Who would you compare Logan Mailloux and Evan Nause to?
Jun. 29, 2021 at 3:18 p.m.
Love this. I have heard Lysell has some attitude issues, so I don't think he goes top 10. Similar situation to Noel Gunler last year from what I've heard. Also, I don't see Wallstedt going 2nd overall. He's a stud, but no goalie goes that high. And I know this isn't a mock draft, I'm just saying.
Jun. 29, 2021 at 4:13 p.m.
Jackson
jets are going to take a defence no matter how good the next guy is
Jun. 29, 2021 at 7:13 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: AvsFan16
jets are going to take a defence no matter how good the next guy is

Agreed. But these are just rankings. Not a mock draft.
Jun. 29, 2021 at 9:05 p.m.
Quoting: christianyog
Agreed. But these are just rankings. Not a mock draft.

They never ready the blurb.

I haven’t seen much of Mailloux or Nause. But from what I have read, Soucy and Murray maybe?

In guys I have watched - but see different comps -

Lucius - more of a standstill shooter. Laine, Kaliyev, etc.
Pastujov - don’t see much of Tkachuk. He is quieter off the puck, a little more slippery.
Samoskevich - more Barzal than Ehlers. Fast, elite stick handling.
L’Heureax - more creative than Domi, but a lot slower. He is more like an angry Mark Schieffle.
Jun. 29, 2021 at 10:19 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: NHLfan10506
They never ready the blurb.

I haven’t seen much of Mailloux or Nause. But from what I have read, Soucy and Murray maybe?

In guys I have watched - but see different comps -

Lucius - more of a standstill shooter. Laine, Kaliyev, etc.
Pastujov - don’t see much of Tkachuk. He is quieter off the puck, a little more slippery.
Samoskevich - more Barzal than Ehlers. Fast, elite stick handling.
L’Heureax - more creative than Domi, but a lot slower. He is more like an angry Mark Schieffle.

Thank you for the feedback. I do agree with what you are saying. In this case, who would you compare Tkachuk to?
Jun. 29, 2021 at 11:01 p.m.
Quoting: christianyog
Thank you for the feedback. I do agree with what you are saying. In this case, who would you compare Tkachuk to?

You mean Pastujov?
Jun. 29, 2021 at 11:27 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: NHLfan10506
You mean Pastujov?

Yes, sorry I meant Pastujov

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll