SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

MN brings home Casey

Created by: huey2107
Published: Jul. 6, 2021 at 4:26 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 186/186 (100%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams does not meet the minimum 3 goaltender requirement

Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Eichel, JackBuffalo SabresIR-$10,000,000011---0000--
Mittelstadt, CaseyBuffalo SabresNHL-$0111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dumba, MattMinnesota WildNHL-$6,000,000111---0000--
Beckman, AdamWaivers ExemptMinnesota WildMinor-$0011---0000--
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Minnesota WildMIN)---100------
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPIT)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$34,150,0001025383812
Change$4,000,000000200
Final$38,150,000 (↑)1025385 (↑)812000

Logo of the Minnesota WildMinnesota Wild

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dumba, MattMinnesota WildNHL-$6,000,000111---0000--
Beckman, AdamWaivers ExemptMinnesota WildMinor-$0011---0000--
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Minnesota WildMIN)---100------
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPIT)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Eichel, JackBuffalo SabresIR-$10,000,000011---0000--
Mittelstadt, CaseyBuffalo SabresNHL-$0111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$15,931,4111631464712
Change-$4,000,000000-200
Final$11,931,411 (↓)1631462 (↓)712000
Jul. 6, 2021 at 4:45 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Thats not enough for Eichel alone
Jul. 6, 2021 at 4:47 p.m.
Thank you so much for the effort required in posting a trade for the rest of us to comment on.... Your efforts are very much appreciated.

I was wondering when the Casey trades would start to pop up on the site.

I just listened to a interview that GM Adams gave and he spoke at great length about what his overall plan was for development of his team. He specifically stated he was interested in developing the core of his young talent that is excited to wear the Sabres sweater and play for the organization (specifically mentions Dahlin, Cozens & Mittelstadt). He did not mention Eichel, Samson or Risto which really cemented the idea that all three of those will be dealt. I found a Brandon Beane type of swagger in this interview. Beane came in and said he specifically stated he would build his roster around young talented players who wanted to be Buffalo Bills.

Looking at your trade assuming that GM Adams would be willing to move Casey this offer is not enough IMO. I will start with the cost to acquire Capt Jack (yes Adams stated he wanted the equivalent of 4 First Round Picks) so lets discount that to 3 First Round Picks.

Dumba is valued at 2 First Round Picks
Minnesota 2021 1st Round Pick #22 & Pittsburgh 2021 1st Round Pick #26 equates to one 1st Round Pick as my assumption is Adams would see this as a package to try to get into the 6-10 range;

I think the aforementioned would be acceptable for Eichel (personally I would not accept the package but for purposes of this discussion lets say it is enough for Adams to say lets play the fued)

This leaves Beckman for Casey and this is where this deal falls apart. I GM Adams was to deal Casey he will hold out for an overpay on him not an underpay. He is looking at trading his two top talents in Eichel and Samson for a return in the low end of the spectrum which will probably come back to bite Adams. There is no way he is dealing Casey for something less than an overpay. If he does he might as well just accept that he will never be able to step foot in his hometown ever again!!!!
Buffalojonny liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 5:06 p.m.
Quoting: wagsnags
Thank you so much for the effort required in posting a trade for the rest of us to comment on.... Your efforts are very much appreciated.

I was wondering when the Casey trades would start to pop up on the site.

I just listened to a interview that GM Adams gave and he spoke at great length about what his overall plan was for development of his team. He specifically stated he was interested in developing the core of his young talent that is excited to wear the Sabres sweater and play for the organization (specifically mentions Dahlin, Cozens & Mittelstadt). He did not mention Eichel, Samson or Risto which really cemented the idea that all three of those will be dealt. I found a Brandon Beane type of swagger in this interview. Beane came in and said he specifically stated he would build his roster around young talented players who wanted to be Buffalo Bills.

Looking at your trade assuming that GM Adams would be willing to move Casey this offer is not enough IMO. I will start with the cost to acquire Capt Jack (yes Adams stated he wanted the equivalent of 4 First Round Picks) so lets discount that to 3 First Round Picks.

Dumba is valued at 2 First Round Picks
Minnesota 2021 1st Round Pick #22 & Pittsburgh 2021 1st Round Pick #26 equates to one 1st Round Pick as my assumption is Adams would see this as a package to try to get into the 6-10 range;

I think the aforementioned would be acceptable for Eichel (personally I would not accept the package but for purposes of this discussion lets say it is enough for Adams to say lets play the fued)

This leaves Beckman for Casey and this is where this deal falls apart. I GM Adams was to deal Casey he will hold out for an overpay on him not an underpay. He is looking at trading his two top talents in Eichel and Samson for a return in the low end of the spectrum which will probably come back to bite Adams. There is no way he is dealing Casey for something less than an overpay. If he does he might as well just accept that he will never be able to step foot in his hometown ever again!!!!

Interesting, I did not know that they were trying to rebuild around him! Kills my hopes and dreams lol!
Jul. 6, 2021 at 5:31 p.m.
Quoting: huey2107
Interesting, I did not know that they were trying to rebuild around him! Kills my hopes and dreams lol!

I was also shocked that GM Adams talked so highly of Casey. I know that Casey has stated even before Granato being named Interim HC that Casey really liked playing for Granato as he experienced it in the US Development Program. So yes I think you will need to be a closeted Sabres fan to root for Casey.
huey2107 and Buffalojonny liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 5:33 p.m.
Quoting: wagsnags
I was also shocked that GM Adams talked so highly of Casey. I know that Casey has stated even before Granato being named Interim HC that Casey really liked playing for Granato as he experienced it in the US Development Program. So yes I think you will need to be a closeted Sabres fan to root for Casey.

Guess I need to go make a new trade lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll