SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Vince Dunn to the wings

Created by: jLang_28
Published: Jul. 7, 2021 at 2:53 a.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 186/186 (100%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams does not meet the minimum 24 skater requirement

Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Washington CapitalsWSH)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dunn, VinceSt. Louis BluesNHL-$0111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$48,150,27710235141015
Change$0111-100
Final$48,150,27711 (↑)24 (↑)52 (↑)3 (↓)1015000

Logo of the St. Louis BluesSt. Louis Blues

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dunn, VinceSt. Louis BluesNHL-$0111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Washington CapitalsWSH)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$17,381,1511730443510
Change$0-1-1-1100
Final$17,381,15116 (↓)29 (↓)43 (↓)4 (↑)510000
Is this a fair trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 7, 2021 at 2:56 a.m.
mokumboi
Yeah, it's the standard Wings offer here and would work, but I think the Blues go another way if they can get a high 2nd and solid prospect that fits their needs (such as Jett Woo).
jLang_28 liked this.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 3:57 a.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Yeah, it's the standard Wings offer here and would work, but I think the Blues go another way if they can get a high 2nd and solid prospect that fits their needs (such as Jett Woo).

They couldn’t get a first for him last year, or wouldn’t take the best offer including it. No one is going to go that high now knowing St. Louis has to move him if they want something in return for him. Look at what arvidsson got. He had to be moved for something or they were getting nothing. Dunn is in the same boat unless the blues would like to cut a side deal with the kraken
LGRWMadLad liked this.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 4:05 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Yotes269
They couldn’t get a first for him last year, or wouldn’t take the best offer including it.

Oh FCOL already. This did not happen. Period. End of story. Why do people keep repeating this fiction?

And if you have an issue with the concept of Dunn being worth a 1st, take it up with the thread starter. I'm only operating off HIS premise here.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 4:28 a.m.
Oh FCOL already. This did not happen. Period. End of story. Why do people keep repeating this fiction?

And if you have an issue with the concept of Dunn being worth a 1st, take it up with the thread starter. I'm only operating off HIS premise here.

I don’t have a problem with the valuation of Dunn at a first round level. Reality is going to be more harsh. Is he WORTH a first? I say yes. Most probably would. Circumstances devalue him. That’s just the reality of the situation. Whether they got a 1st offer last year, a couple 2nds and a prospect, it just doesn’t matter. They didn’t pull the trigger, and now they’re in an expansion draft crunch. That reality eats into his value. St. Louis jumps at a low 20s first if offered
Jul. 7, 2021 at 4:43 a.m.
mokumboi
I don’t have a problem with the valuation of Dunn at a first round level. Reality is going to be more harsh. Is he WORTH a first? I say yes. Most probably would. Circumstances devalue him. That’s just the reality of the situation. Whether they got a 1st offer last year, a couple 2nds and a prospect, it just doesn’t matter. They didn’t pull the trigger, and now they’re in an expansion draft crunch. That reality eats into his value. St. Louis jumps at a low 20s first if offered

Heh. I cannot be more clear: this whole Dunn on the block thing was pure fiction. It originated on literally the worst hockey blog in history, who manufactured some simple click bait because he was sat ONE TIME, which is something Chief will often do. Hell, he benched Perron for a game. PLUS, both that blog and all the lazy writers who aped this nonsense backed away from it in like a day, never to mention it again.

And "the reality of the situation" is having multiple suitors has far more effect on trade value than an expansion draft crunch. The reality is Army isn't going to jump for something he doesn't want when he could very well get what he wants.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 6:50 a.m.
I don’t have a problem with the valuation of Dunn at a first round level. Reality is going to be more harsh. Is he WORTH a first? I say yes. Most probably would. Circumstances devalue him. That’s just the reality of the situation. Whether they got a 1st offer last year, a couple 2nds and a prospect, it just doesn’t matter. They didn’t pull the trigger, and now they’re in an expansion draft crunch. That reality eats into his value. St. Louis jumpstart at a low 20s first if offered

So what you are saying is that as of right now with the expansion draft right around the corner Vince Dunn is not worth a 1st but instead a 2nd or a 3rd
Jul. 7, 2021 at 6:59 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: jLang_28
So what you are saying is that as of right now with the expansion draft right around the corner Vince Dunn is not worth a 1st but instead a 2nd or a 3rd

Just for starters, *I* never "set his value" by declaring he was worth a 1st. Secondly, I sure as hell didn't say he was worth just a 2nd or a 3rd (not even sure how you got there). What I basically said to the other guy is don;t expect some crazy discount because the expansion draft is nearing, because having competing interest (which seems quite likely if he;s actually going to be traded, which I would not be so sure of in the first place) would override any sort of expansion draft effect regardless of what day it is. If 4-5 teams are chasing him an hour before the draft, his value stays up.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:00 a.m.

I would expect Dunn fetches Devon toews 2 2nds
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:02 a.m.
Just for starters, *I* never "set his value" by declaring he was worth a 1st. Secondly, I sure as hell didn't say he was worth just a 2nd or a 3rd. What I basically said is don;t expect some crazy discount because the expansion draft is nearing, because having competing interest (which seems quite likely if he;s actually going to be traded, which I would not be so sure of in the first place) would override any sort of expansion draft effect regardless of what day it is. If 4-5 teams are chasing him an hour before the draft, his value stays up.

But there aren’t 4-5 chasing him. I’d love this to be true for garland on the yotes, but realistically there’s 2 tops that really make sense. If the market was there, he would be gone
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:07 a.m.
mokumboi
But there aren’t 4-5 chasing him. I’d love this to be true for garland on the yotes, but realistically there’s 2 tops that really make sense. If the market was there, he would be gone

How do you know any of this? Having multiple suitors doesn't quicken the process, it slows it down. Obviously.

And I'd be stunned if only two teams were in on Garland. That can't possibly be true.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:09 a.m.
Just for starters, *I* never "set his value" by declaring he was worth a 1st. Secondly, I sure as hell didn't say he was worth just a 2nd or a 3rd (not even sure how you got there). What I basically said to the other guy is don;t expect some crazy discount because the expansion draft is nearing, because having competing interest (which seems quite likely if he;s actually going to be traded, which I would not be so sure of in the first place) would override any sort of expansion draft effect regardless of what day it is. If 4-5 teams are chasing him an hour before the draft, his value stays up.

If the market was there to the blues liking he would’ve been gone. If the market was there this year he would be gone. His value absolutely diminishes the closer it gets to expansion. Whether you think he’s worth a 1st-7th, or a bonafide superstar I don’t really care. The fact remains his value diminishes by the day and that point is driven home by the fact he hasn’t been traded. My entire response is this is an overpayment given the circumstances. Hate it all you want I don’t really care
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:10 a.m.
How do you know any of this? Having multiple suitors doesn't quicken the process, it slows it down. Obviously.

And I'd be stunned if only two teams were in on Garland. That can't possibly be true.

The clock ticking is really the biggest indicator
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:11 a.m.

Garland has Boston that logically makes sense. He’s RFA. Doesn’t have that much further to go to UFA. It’s just how roster building goss
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:12 a.m.
I would expect Dunn fetches Devon toews 2 2nds

Ok that makes sense
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:16 a.m.
mokumboi

It's really not. Things get done late all the time. Like I said, having more suitors drags out the process. And actually, the fact that the process is being dragged out almost gives away that there's multiple suitors.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:16 a.m.
Ok that makes sense

Detroit has a laughable amount of draft picks so I wouldn’t expect that bar too high to clear. I just think they’d have their eyes on cossa with Washington’s pick
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:18 a.m.
It's really not. Things get done late all the time. Like I said, having more suitors drags out the process. And actually, the fact that the process is being dragged out almost gives away that there's multiple suitors.

Typically you’d be right. St. Louis is one of the best organizations at swinging trades at the right runs. Expansion drafts put a much different timeline on things
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:18 a.m.
Typically you’d be right. St. Louis is one of the best organizations at swinging trades at the right runs. Expansion drafts put a much different timeline on things

Times*
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:22 a.m.
Detroit has a laughable amount of draft picks so I wouldn’t expect that bar too high to clear. I just think they’d have their eyes on cossa with Washington’s pick

Then they could possibly get Dunn for 2 2nds or just draft a defenseman or two in the second round
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:25 a.m.
Then they could possibly get Dunn for 2 2nds or just draft a defenseman or two in the second round

Fortunately the genius of yzerman is the accumulation of draft picks to take those second round stabs or the trade up for a guy he loves. Did it in Tampa, doing it in Detroit. The name doesn’t hurt to buy him time but he’s a phenomenal GM
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:26 a.m.
mokumboi

Heh. Apparently you're not a student of expansion draft history. Remember the last one? The Blues protected Reaves with one year remaining on his deal, and everybody was like "OMG why would you do that?!?!?"

Then shortly after the draft, Army trades Reaves and #51 oa to the Pens for Sundqvist and #31 oa (who becomes Kostin).

This situation is the least of my worries right now.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:37 a.m.
Heh. Apparently you're not a student of expansion draft history. Remember the last one? The Blues protected Reaves with one year remaining on his deal, and everybody was like "OMG why would you do that?!?!?"

Then shortly after the draft, Army trades Reaves and #51 oa to the Pens for Sundqvist and #31 oa (who becomes Kostin).

I would say it’s a bit different since there’s a player that needs to be moved, but I went to game 4 of the SCF and had a blast so enjoy the afterglow
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:39 a.m.
mokumboi
I would say it’s a bit different since there’s a player that needs to be moved, but I went to game 4 of the SCF and had a blast so enjoy the afterglow

Technically, he does not need to be moved. The Blues have options here. Personally, I hope they choose one that allows them to keep him. I'd much rather deal Krug (now THAT is seemingly a mission impossible).
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:41 a.m.

Yes, but would they be able to protect all of their top guys and him?
Yotes269 liked this.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 7:41 a.m.
Technically, he does not need to be moved. The Blues have options here. Personally, I hope they choose one that allows them to keep him. I'd much rather deal Krug (now THAT is seemingly a mission impossible).

Faulk is the immovable object there. You’d probably find takers for krug

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit