$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 5, 2021 at 7:48 p.m.
Stripes77
Kutz, Haglein, and Copley have zero interest from a Buffalo standpoint. Alexeyev is another left handed defensemen which Buffalo doesn't need in their system, so the only interesting pieces is McMichael and a bunch of late 1st rounders. Unless there is a third team involved that want Kutz and would be giving up good pieces for him (there isn't or Washington would have traded him by now) then Buffalo passes
Aug. 5, 2021 at 9:06 p.m.
down bad
Quoting: Stripes77
Kutz, Haglein, and Copley have zero interest from a Buffalo standpoint. Alexeyev is another left handed defensemen which Buffalo doesn't need in their system, so the only interesting pieces is McMichael and a bunch of late 1st rounders. Unless there is a third team involved that want Kutz and would be giving up good pieces for him (there isn't or Washington would have traded him by now) then Buffalo passes

Lol interesting take considering if you use that same logic Buffalo would have traded Eichel by now. Washington GM came out and said they never were shopping Kuzy If you use logical thinking Kuzy value would be at its highest once Eichel is off the market. Not rocket science lol. Need to maximize value why sell for pennies on the dollar
All_Knowing liked this.
Aug. 6, 2021 at 9:19 a.m.
Stripes77
Quoting: DogDayCaps2
Lol interesting take considering if you use that same logic Buffalo would have traded Eichel by now. Washington GM came out and said they never were shopping Kuzy If you use logical thinking Kuzy value would be at its highest once Eichel is off the market. Not rocket science lol. Need to maximize value why sell for pennies on the dollar

Apples and oranges my man, Kutz is healthy, and there is a lot of uncertainty around Eichel and his health. If Eichel was healthy you know as much as I do he would have been moved by now. Also so just because Washington's GM came out and said they weren't shopping him that doesn't mean anything. Happens all the time "we are not making a change at the head coach position", "we are not making a change at the GM position", "we are not trading player X"...a week later fired, fired, traded...
Aug. 6, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.

Kempny, Hathaway, Kuz, and a 2nd for Eichel - thoughts?
Aug. 6, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
down bad
Apples and oranges my man, Kutz is healthy, and there is a lot of uncertainty around Eichel and his health. If Eichel was healthy you know as much as I do he would have been moved by now. Also so just because Washington's GM came out and said they weren't shopping him that doesn't mean anything. Happens all the time "we are not making a change at the head coach position", "we are not making a change at the GM position", "we are not trading player X"...a week later fired, fired, traded...

Eichel "health issue" has him being ready by the start of the season from what im reading. sounds more like teams arent willing to give up the assets Buffalo wants to get him. Kuzy value, like i said, is at its highest after teams missout on Eichel
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Aug. 6, 2021 at 8:07 p.m.
Kutz, Haglein, and Copley have zero interest ..
Lol interesting take considering ...
Apples and oranges ...
Quoting: AllCaps_BestTeam
Kempny, Hathaway, Kuz, and a 2nd for Eichel - thoughts?
Actually that is not a bad offer for Jack.
While Kuznetsov has value, Hagelin does not.
Together they balance Jack's cap hit.
McMichael is obviously the most valuable part of the trade, by himself he has more than value than the two first round picks.
Alexeyev is an average prospect which Buffalo does not need.
Copley will be a live long AHL GK which Buffalo has also has no need.
So removing the players who do not add any value to the Sabres we have McMichael, Kuznetsov and two late firsts.
That is actually a decent return.
Maybe Kuznetsov would stay with the Sabres until his contract ran out, or they could retain half of his contract and get a decent pick in return.
Next year at the TDL Hagelin at half price may also bring in a decent return.
I suppose both Alexeyev and Copley could be added to Rochester roster, but let's not pretend they add anything of value to the trade.
I would not make the trade but it is not a terrible offer.

EDIT.
Can you imagine Jack feeding the puck to Ovi.
jack gets his name on the Hart Memorial Trophy and Ovi on the Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy
Aug. 6, 2021 at 10:31 p.m.
down bad
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Actually that is not a bad offer for Jack.
While Kuznetsov has value, Hagelin does not.
Together they balance Jack's cap hit.
McMichael is obviously the most valuable part of the trade, by himself he has more than value than the two first round picks.
Alexeyev is an average prospect which Buffalo does not need.
Copley will be a live long AHL GK which Buffalo has also has no need.
So removing the players who do not add any value to the Sabres we have McMichael, Kuznetsov and two late firsts.
That is actually a decent return.
Maybe Kuznetsov would stay with the Sabres until his contract ran out, or they could retain half of his contract and get a decent pick in return.
Next year at the TDL Hagelin at half price may also bring in a decent return.
I suppose both Alexeyev and Copley could be added to Rochester roster, but let's not pretend they add anything of value to the trade.
I would not make the trade but it is not a terrible offer.

EDIT.
Can you imagine Jack feeding the puck to Ovi.
jack gets his name on the Hart Memorial Trophy and Ovi on the Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy

Alexeyev Is going to be a top 4 Dman within the next 2-3 years. Let’s not pretend this kid is a bust. ACTUALLY I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being better than Power. Buff shouldn’t have selected him 1st overall esp since they desperately needed a center. Alexeyev was playing top pairing minutes in the KHL last year and had 9p in 12gp in the AHL. Alexeyev is the capitals 2nd best prospect.
Aug. 6, 2021 at 11:18 p.m.
Alexeyev Is going to be a top 4 Dman within the next 2-3 years. Let’s not pretend this kid is a bust. ACTUALLY I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being better than Power. Buff shouldn’t have selected him 1st overall esp since they desperately needed a center. Alexeyev was playing top pairing minutes in the KHL last year and had 9p in 12gp in the AHL. Alexeyev is the capitals 2nd best prospect.
Adams is an idiot and should have traded the first for anything.
Buffalo is the worse drafting team in the history of the NHL
Reinhart over Draisaitl and Nylander over Sergachev, each of the latter taken directly after the Buffalo pick.
Last year KA passed on Rossi who was projected to go 6th or even better then took Quinn who was projected to about 15th.
KA is way over his head. He gave Hall $8,000,000 when Hoffman who had a similar previous year signed with the Blues for almost half of that.
Regardless, I am not a scout so I have not seen either Powers nor Alexeyev play so I will not comment on your opinion.
But let me say this, if you are correct, then Washington is offering WAY TOO MUCH for Jack.
As I broke down the trade I thought it was fair, now you are indicating that not is it too much but obscenely too much.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 3:47 a.m.
down bad
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Adams is an idiot and should have traded the first for anything.
Buffalo is the worse drafting team in the history of the NHL
Reinhart over Draisaitl and Nylander over Sergachev, each of the latter taken directly after the Buffalo pick.
Last year KA passed on Rossi who was projected to go 6th or even better then took Quinn who was projected to about 15th.
KA is way over his head. He gave Hall $8,000,000 when Hoffman who had a similar previous year signed with the Blues for almost half of that.
Regardless, I am not a scout so I have not seen either Powers nor Alexeyev play so I will not comment on your opinion.
But let me say this, if you are correct, then Washington is offering WAY TOO MUCH for Jack.
As I broke down the trade I thought it was fair, now you are indicating that not is it too much but obscenely too much.

At best I have Power as below average top pairing guy realistic IMO he’s going to be a good 3-4 guy. Alexeyev is going to be a 3-4 also. If people are expecting him to become a makar or Hughes I think you’ll be extremely disappointed. Imo best player in the this draft was McTavish. I was shocked they didn’t draft him. I 100% agree w you. How they didn’t draft Rossi is criminal. They dropped the ball hard w that pick. I think to get Eichel some team is going to overpay. This trade wouldn’t be good for Washington at all. I’d rather they aim at Hertl for far less than Eichel. That being said I have a feeling Kuzy will have a HUGE year. So big that hell reinserted himself in the top 20 centers in the league. ( bold take)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll