Forums/Armchair-GM

Making moves

Created by: STL9992
Team: 2021-22 St. Louis Blues
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 26, 2021
Published: Oct. 26, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just wanted to move some players to add prospect in back end and some speed up front with the rangers trade.

Panthers trade was just to move scandella and Neal and Mac don’t really matter to me so throw them in for depth in Florida lineup.

Clifford is useless for the blues
Trades
NYR
  1. Sundqvist, Oskar
  2. Walman, Jake
  3. 2022 4th round pick (OTT)
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (STL)
STL
  1. 2022 7th round pick (SEA)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$69,915,516$306,349$3,825,000$11,584,484

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 2
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$2,800,000$2,800,000
RW
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,800,000$2,800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 2
$866,667$866,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 6
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 6
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$2,666,667$2,666,667
LD
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,300,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 1
$1,375,000$1,375,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW
RFA - 5

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:20 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Rangers don't consider.
TheMooterus liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:24 p.m.
STLhopeful
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
Rangers don't consider.

Idk kravstov is not going to play there they take what they can get that’s where the picks come in, the real move is getting sunny and walman and 3C who is great on PK and plays any situation and walman who is a good offensive minded d man that fits their style who can be top 4 d man potentially for them in a year or 2
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:31 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: STL9992
Idk kravstov is not going to play there they take what they can get that’s where the picks come in, the real move is getting sunny and walman and 3C who is great on PK and plays any situation and walman who is a good offensive minded d man that fits their style who can be top 4 d man potentially for them in a year or 2

I understand but we're not interested. You casually threw in one of our top defensive prospects as well. Even without him there isn't a reason to do it.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:40 p.m.
STLhopeful
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
I understand but we're not interested. You casually threw in one of our top defensive prospects as well. Even without him there isn't a reason to do it.

I mean there is reason there because sunny helps their terrible PK and is 3C material also the prospect is good but their style is speed on the back end which they have lundqvist there. Sunny could also be put on the 2nd pp which is also struggling to start the season against teams that really aren’t that good. I live in NY I’ve watched their games they need bottom 6 guys to help their top 6 they could afford that trade and benefit from it more than what you think
Oct. 26, 2021 at 9:29 p.m.
GM
I mean there is reason there because sunny helps their terrible PK and is 3C material also the prospect is good but their style is speed on the back end which they have lundqvist there. Sunny could also be put on the 2nd pp which is also struggling to start the season against teams that really aren’t that good. I live in NY I’ve watched their games they need bottom 6 guys to help their top 6 they could afford that trade and benefit from it more than what you think

I mean.. rangers PK has been pretty good, the past two seasons it's been at 81%. This season they have looked pretty good so far too. If anything, it is their PP that needs help. Dreadful so far this year. We are good at 3c between Chytil/Barron long term. If this deal was just for Kravtsov, rangers still wouldn't accept. Drury wants a good prospect back. That isn't here. You throw in a 7th defenseman at best for one of the rangers better defensive prospects.. basically,

Kravtsov > Sundqvist + 3rd
Robertson > Walman + 4th

overall you say they need a better bottom 6, but they just did that this past summer and don't look better. this deal is just a mistake and a horrible allocation of assets/resources
Oct. 26, 2021 at 9:54 p.m.
STLhopeful
Quoting: GM69
I mean.. rangers PK has been pretty good, the past two seasons it's been at 81%. This season they have looked pretty good so far too. If anything, it is their PP that needs help. Dreadful so far this year. We are good at 3c between Chytil/Barron long term. If this deal was just for Kravtsov, rangers still wouldn't accept. Drury wants a good prospect back. That isn't here. You throw in a 7th defenseman at best for one of the rangers better defensive prospects.. basically,

Kravtsov > Sundqvist + 3rd
Robertson > Walman + 4th

overall you say they need a better bottom 6, but they just did that this past summer and don't look better. this deal is just a mistake and a horrible allocation of assets/resources

81 percent is not a good PK unless your PP is top in the league which it’s not. Also you are just thinking about right now when walman and sunny would be playing next year for a great price since fox is up for a new contract, he will be getting 8 a year… at least. Rangers if they don’t make any moves have roughly 21 mil in cap space you have 2 bottom 6 centers coming off the books and sunny is a steal at his term now at 2.6 I believe. Walman can be signed for cheap under 1.2 million and then you guy will still have room to let kids play and sign fox, Blais and strome if they wanted to keep him around. The Rangers are going to be handcuffed if fox wants to cash out now

Also kravstov is a risk for any team because he may not come back to US so if they trade him for a top guy he could still end up staying in Russia teams are aware of that possibility so why risk top end asset for guy who may not come back or will throw a fit and leave if he doesn’t get what he wants.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 10:11 p.m.
GM
81 percent is not a good PK unless your PP is top in the league which it’s not. Also you are just thinking about right now when walman and sunny would be playing next year for a great price since fox is up for a new contract, he will be getting 8 a year… at least. Rangers if they don’t make any moves have roughly 21 mil in cap space you have 2 bottom 6 centers coming off the books and sunny is a steal at his term now at 2.6 I believe. Walman can be signed for cheap under 1.2 million and then you guy will still have room to let kids play and sign fox, Blais and strome if they wanted to keep him around. The Rangers are going to be handcuffed if fox wants to cash out now

Just so you know, during that time the rangers ranked 10th best @ 81.8% (and that includes Seattles limited action at 85.7%). The best was 86% and the 8 teams above them are the ones you would expect (VGK, BOS, CAR, TBL, NYI, COL, WSH, EDM). PP has absolutely nothing to do with PK as the players you are trading do not help the rangers improve in that area. Over the course of the season the PP will average out to the ~20% it has been the past few years. Not really worried about that. They have the 10th best also since the 2017-18 season

Barron is still on the books, so is Chytil. You can find a 4th line center for cheap, teams do it every year.

Robertson is still on ELC next year so he will still be cheaper. He is already better than Walman. Where does Walman fit in with Lindgren, Miller, Jones on the LH side as he wouldn't supplant any of them (let alone Robertson)? Definitely not on the RH side with Fox, Trouba, Lundkvist and Schneider all above him.

Bet: Fox is going to take a team friendly deal since he FORCED his way to NYR. I'm guessing it will be a 4 year deal so he can get paid once the cap goes up and trouba/panarin are off the books. If it is an 8 year deal, it may still be 8.5m or less because he wants to be a NYR for life.

This is a stupid move and clearly you are not a true NYR fan for proposing it
Oct. 26, 2021 at 10:42 p.m.
STLhopeful
Just so you know, during that time the rangers ranked 10th best 81.8% (and that includes Seattles limited action at 85.7%). The best was 86% and the 8 teams above them are the ones you would expect (VGK, BOS, CAR, TBL, NYI, COL, WSH, EDM). PP has absolutely nothing to do with PK as the players you are trading do not help the rangers improve in that area. Over the course of the season the PP will average out to the ~20% it has been the past few years. Not really worried about that. They have the 10th best also since the 2017-18 season

Barron is still on the books, so is Chytil. You can find a 4th line center for cheap, teams do it every year.

Robertson is still on ELC next year so he will still be cheaper. He is already better than Walman. Where does Walman fit in with Lindgren, Miller, Jones on the LH side as he wouldn't supplant any of them (let alone Robertson)? Definitely not on the RH side with Fox, Trouba, Lundkvist and Schneider all above him.

Bet: Fox is going to take a team friendly deal since he FORCED his way to NYR. I'm guessing it will be a 4 year deal so he can get paid once the cap goes up and trouba/panarin are off the books. If it is an 8 year deal, it may still be 8.5m or less because he wants to be a NYR for life.

This is a stupid move and clearly you are not a true NYR fan for proposing it

You do a 4 year deal on fox and he see that the team isn’t going to win he walks he will be UFA then he will cash out now if he wants to play the whole time for the Rangers.

As for the guys you’re talking about if they are better why are they in the minors now losing out to 28-29 year olds that haven’t produced for the Rangers. I don’t think you know much about the guys on the blues that are apart of the trade and I’m not a Rangers fan.

You’re hooked on guys that aren’t being played over aging veterans. this is a get better now so the young guys you’re talking about can get a few more years under their belt in the minors.
Oct. 27, 2021 at 5:38 p.m.
GM
You do a 4 year deal on fox and he see that the team isn’t going to win he walks he will be UFA then he will cash out now if he wants to play the whole time for the Rangers.

As for the guys you’re talking about if they are better why are they in the minors now losing out to 28-29 year olds that haven’t produced for the Rangers. I don’t think you know much about the guys on the blues that are apart of the trade and I’m not a Rangers fan.

You’re hooked on guys that aren’t being played over aging veterans. this is a get better now so the young guys you’re talking about can get a few more years under their belt in the minors.

Once again, Walman doesn’t crack the rangers team even ahead of these vets. Rangers have these temporary “vets” (really it’s just Nemeth) so Jones and Robertson can develop further before being called up. Nemeth is signed for three years by which Walmart will be 28 versus the 22-23 year old Robertson.

In terms of sundqvist, not only is he not worth these players, he’s not enough of an upgrade over their current bottom 6 to warrant a trade? He’s not going to play over zib, Strome or Chytil. Why are the rangers going to overpay for a fourth line center that isn’t much of an upgrade from what they have?

These players have no fit and the rangers aren’t trading good prospects for middling mid-20 players.

In terms of Fox, yes if he wants to walk in 4 years he could. But I doubt it. Not with the way he forced his way to NYR.

Keep in mind, the main reason kravtsov was sent down was to get extra conditioning to be ready since he missed a lot of training camp. Instead of taking it for what it was he viewed it as an insult and ran away. Them not wanting to lose hajek for nothing was the other reason.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 2:42 a.m.
STLhopeful
Once again, Walman doesn’t crack the rangers team even ahead of these vets. Rangers have these temporary “vets” (really it’s just Nemeth) so Jones and Robertson can develop further before being called up. Nemeth is signed for three years by which Walmart will be 28 versus the 22-23 year old Robertson.

In terms of sundqvist, not only is he not worth these players, he’s not enough of an upgrade over their current bottom 6 to warrant a trade? He’s not going to play over zib, Strome or Chytil. Why are the rangers going to overpay for a fourth line center that isn’t much of an upgrade from what they have?

These players have no fit and the rangers aren’t trading good prospects for middling mid-20 players.

In terms of Fox, yes if he wants to walk in 4 years he could. But I doubt it. Not with the way he forced his way to NYR.

Keep in mind, the main reason kravtsov was sent down was to get extra conditioning to be ready since he missed a lot of training camp. Instead of taking it for what it was he viewed it as an insult and ran away. Them not wanting to lose hajek for nothing was the other reason.

This is laughable, walman isn’t Better than any of you bottom pairs cmon now I know you don’t watch the blues games at all if you’re talking like that.

Sunny is better than you’re bottom 6 players no doubt he plays a better game all around and he has already proved he can be trusted by moving up the lineup with more minutes and tough responsibilities going against top lines. It’s ok to admit you don’t know much about them but don’t “homer” your team because the are stuggling at center depth.

Also Robertson was a 2nd round pick he isn’t some first rounders that the league is looking forward to seeing he’s just top 10 of ranger prospects not NHL prospects.

Thinking the way you are now is what keep the rags from winning the cup.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll