SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Changing the spelling of Nikita Okhotiuk

Nov. 18, 2021 at 9:07 a.m.
Last season, Nikita Okhotiuk changed the spelling of his last last name (from "Okhotyuk" to "Okhotiuk". He is now listed correctly on NHL website, AHL website, and his current team website.

Please update his CapFriendly listing to reflect the change.

Just as fyi, here is the phonetic from NHL media: oh-HOHT-ch'yook (first 'k" is silent, HOHT rhymes with "Tote")
Nov. 18, 2021 at 9:19 a.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Last season, Nikita Okhotiuk changed the spelling of his last last name (from "Okhotyuk" to "Okhotiuk". He is now listed correctly on NHL website, AHL website, and his current team website.

Please update his CapFriendly listing to reflect the change.

Just as fyi, here is the phonetic from NHL media: oh-HOHT-ch'yook (first 'k" is silent, HOHT rhymes with "Tote")

Why can't Russian last names be easy to say
Nov. 18, 2021 at 12:02 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Потому что это русский
Nov. 18, 2021 at 12:23 p.m.
cautious optimism

i mean, Kozlov, Markov, Gonchar and Fedorov are easy to say, at least to me. Those are just ones that i can name off the top of my head.

IMO Finnish names are harder to say than Russian names in most cases (example: Vaakanainen. That's a mouthful.)
Nov. 18, 2021 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: Bobcat205
i mean, Kozlov, Markov, Gonchar and Fedorov are easy to say, at least to me. Those are just ones that i can name off the top of my head.

IMO Finnish names are harder to say than Russian names in most cases (example: Vaakanainen. That's a mouthful.)

If if's pronounced the way it's spelled Vaakanainen is not a mouthful, i usually grasp finish names pretty well
Nov. 18, 2021 at 1:23 p.m.
Quoting: Bobcat205

If if's pronounced the way it's spelled Vaakanainen is not a mouthful, i usually grasp finish names pretty well

Between Sharangovich, Mukhamadullin, Okhotiuk, Vukojevic…an occasional Kuokkanen is easy.
A_Habs_fan and Zinger liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll