SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

sign and trade fiala to sens

Created by: zizougaffar
Published: Feb. 4, 2022 at 10:57 a.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 84/200 (42%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Minnesota WildMinnesota Wild

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fiala, KevinMinnesota WildNHL-$2,142,000111---0000--
Rask, VictorMinnesota WildNHL-$1,680,000111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Tierney, ChrisOttawa SenatorsNHL50%$735,000111---0000--
Sanford, ZacharyOttawa SenatorsNHL50%$420,000111---0000--
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---010------
2022 3rd round pick (Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVAN)---010------
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$2,270,2762344623612
Change$2,667,000000120
Final$4,937,276 (↑)2344624 (↑)8 (↑)12000

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Tierney, ChrisOttawa SenatorsNHL50%$735,000111---0000--
Sanford, ZacharyOttawa SenatorsNHL50%$420,000111---0000--
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---010------
2022 3rd round pick (Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVAN)---010------
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fiala, KevinMinnesota WildNHL-$2,142,000111---0000--
Rask, VictorMinnesota WildNHL-$1,680,000111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$11,136,2582045633914
Change-$2,667,000000-1-20
Final$8,469,258 (↓)2045632 (↓)7 (↓)14000
Feb. 4, 2022 at 11:20 a.m.
anything involving Fiala would likely happen in the off season , Wild seem to have good chemistry right now
Feb. 4, 2022 at 11:42 a.m.
Quoting: Fergy22
anything involving Fiala would likely happen in the off season , Wild seem to have good chemistry right now

While I do agree that the Wild shouldn't trade him, I think they might start thinking that he's more expandable now given Matthew Boldy's call up and success in the NHL and there's other prospects on the rise (Marco Rossi and from his stats in the AHL, Beckman might be a solid player too). So I thought maybe they trade him with victor Rask to get some cap space, some depth on center and maybe another roster player for more forward depth for the playoffs, all of that and they get assets which they can use to maybe bolster the team on the short run, or use it to bolster it next year. Only reason I throw this trade proposal is because apparently senators scouts have been going to Wild games and Vice-versa.
Feb. 4, 2022 at 11:50 a.m.
Quoting: zizougaffar
While I do agree that the Wild shouldn't trade him, I think they might start thinking that he's more expandable now given Matthew Boldy's call up and success in the NHL and there's other prospects on the rise (Marco Rossi and from his stats in the AHL, Beckman might be a solid player too). So I thought maybe they trade him with victor Rask to get some cap space, some depth on center and maybe another roster player for more forward depth for the playoffs, all of that and they get assets which they can use to maybe bolster the team on the short run, or use it to bolster it next year. Only reason I throw this trade proposal is because apparently senators scouts have been going to Wild games and Vice-versa.

I tend to agree with @Fergy22 but the inclusion of Rask and the retention make it really enticing for the Wild. It gives them additional cap space as well as picks to make other moves. Fiala has been good this year, but they can't afford him next year (esp with arb rights after a really good season).
Cudos on the sign and trade addition, as that would be key for OTT to give up those picks. I would think the value is lower on a sign and trade in the off season, since MIN will be over a bit of a barrel with their cap situation.
zizougaffar liked this.
Feb. 4, 2022 at 11:56 a.m.
maybe I missed it but how much are we talking $ to re-sign ? not often we see those in the league , sign and trade
zizougaffar liked this.
Feb. 4, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
Quoting: Fergy22
maybe I missed it but how much are we talking $ to re-sign ? not often we see those in the league , sign and trade

Good Point, I would think at the very least 7-7.5 Million aav, but id think Fiala would want much more, maybe around 8.5-9 million. The deal would (could rather) end up at 8 million long term
Feb. 4, 2022 at 12:06 p.m.
Good Point, I would think at the very least 7-7.5 Million aav, but id think Fiala would want much more, maybe around 8.5-9 million. The deal would (could rather) end up at 8 million long term

no way they will pay him more than Tkachuk , 7-7.5 fits ......keeping in mind thy need to re-sign Norris this summer and re-up Stuzle in a couple of years. The Batherson signing in hindsite really helps Dorion the next couple of years .
Feb. 4, 2022 at 12:35 p.m.
Banned

Minnesota us a championship contender. They aren't trading any roster players especially fiala from boldy. Adam Beckman isn't ready. Wild have 7 mil in cap room this year, so they don't need to trade Rask. Everything besides the 1st round pick is trash. Zachary won't play on wild. Chris Tierney would be luxury suite player.
Feb. 4, 2022 at 12:38 p.m.
Banned

The thing is Minnesota is keeping Beckman in Iowa for a reason. He sucks at defending and under dean Evason, you have to be two way player or not play. Also their very much manipulating the service time with Adam Beckman in terms of his contract turns to next year if he doesn't play 10 games. Playing with boldy has led to fiala becoming a stud again, resulting in Minnesota winning 8 straight. In the offseason this can be discussed but not for two players who won't play on our team
Feb. 4, 2022 at 12:52 p.m.
Quoting: GabrielJ
The thing is Minnesota is keeping Beckman in Iowa for a reason. He sucks at defending and under dean Evason, you have to be two way player or not play. Also their very much manipulating the service time with Adam Beckman in terms of his contract turns to next year if he doesn't play 10 games. Playing with boldy has led to fiala becoming a stud again, resulting in Minnesota winning 8 straight. In the offseason this can be discussed but not for two players who won't play on our team

Fair enough, I was just throwing it out there since, I mentioned before, both teams' scouts been going the the other teams games, so I thought maybe they were thinking of doing a trade at the deadline, but a trade in the offseason works too, after the Wild finish their playoffs run.
Feb. 4, 2022 at 4:10 p.m.
Quoting: GabrielJ

Beckmans contract doesn't slide. It doesn't matter if he plays the rest of the season for the Wild right now. His ELC stays the same. Only Rossi, Lambos, O'Rourke, and Hunt are "slide" eligible.
Feb. 4, 2022 at 7:27 p.m.
Dsully95
Ottawa fan *

Ottawa isn’t giving up a first round pick until they are fringe playoff team. Not to mention retaining 50% salary on Tierney or Sanford. If Ottawa is retaining salary on anything they will need to be compensated otherwise they are just shooting themselves in the foot.
Ottawa has a lot of young players/prospects that are ready to make the jump from Ahl to bottom 6 forward. Taking on rask contracts would be counter intuitive to what they are preaching. We already put MDZ in the minors and is making a few million a year. Fiala is a great player but doesn’t fit for Ottawa.Wanting too much money without a lot to back it up so would be super risky.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll