Logo of the New York Islanders
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$725,000$725,000
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 17, 2022 at 8:58 p.m.
it's never not funny that the leafs apparently need to replace 1/3rd of their D when they are a top team in the league defensivly and the guys they bring in are never better than an ok number 4
Feb. 17, 2022 at 9:01 p.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
it's never not funny that the leafs apparently need to replace 1/3rd of their D when they are a top team in the league defensivly and the guys they bring in are never better than an ok number 4

Unless Rielly, Brodie and Muzzin are playing 30 mins each in the playoffs, they'll need some big bodies that'll clog things up. I think their 'run it back....again' has grown tiresome.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 9:03 p.m.
Quoting: Leafnation
Unless Rielly, Brodie and Muzzin are playing 30 mins each in the playoffs, they'll need some big bodies that'll clog things up. I think their 'run it back....again' has grown tiresome.

why do they need big bodies that will clog things up when that has never been an issue for them when they are good? and a number 4 and a number 6 defender coming in doesnt really change 'run it back' when they dont actually improve the team enough to notice a difference
Feb. 17, 2022 at 9:03 p.m.
New York blocks your number
Feb. 17, 2022 at 9:08 p.m.
why do they need big bodies that will clog things up when that has never been an issue for them when they are good? and a number 4 and a number 6 defender coming in doesnt really change 'run it back' when they dont actually improve the team enough to notice a difference

They've not won a first round serious in the last 20 years.... not sure I follow your thought. The fact you don't see that having a shored up 2nd and 3rd pairing when you don't have guys playing 30 mins a night on the top pair speaks to this...
Feb. 17, 2022 at 9:09 p.m.
Quoting: Marchy6363
New York blocks your number

Stop. You're getting a 3rd and one year of a player one tier lower than the guy you're unwilling to resign for 200k/year more. This is a no brainer.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 9:10 p.m.
They've not won a first round serious in the last 20 years.... not sure I follow your thought. The fact you don't see that having a shored up 2nd and 3rd pairing when you don't have guys playing 30 mins a night on the top pair speaks to this...

they have never had issues with defence is my point. the last two years it was scoring. the years previously it was goaltending, Kadri and playing a better team. big slow dudes who push people has never been a need for this team
Feb. 17, 2022 at 9:15 p.m.
they have never had issues with defence is my point. the last two years it was scoring. the years previously it was goaltending, Kadri and playing a better team. big slow dudes who push people has never been a need for this team

Big slow dmen are the biggest deterrent in the playoffs. Keeping guys away from the net etc for the greasy goals. It's literally been our undoing every playoffs. 4-1 leads dude. Granted in the reg season it doesn't play as much... which the current roster does, but the playoffs aren't close to the same game.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 9:22 p.m.
Big slow dmen are the biggest deterrent in the playoffs. Keeping guys away from the net etc for the greasy goals. It's literally been our undoing every playoffs. 4-1 leads dude. Granted in the reg season it doesn't play as much... which the current roster does, but the playoffs aren't close to the same game.

they really arnt, good defensive players are the biggest deterrent. last year it was losing their 2C, matthews wrist and Marner losing his brain along with carey price going bananas that stopped them, they obliterated the habs in shots and chances against, especially from the high danger area that is supposedly guarded by those big slow defenders. The previous year was much of the same, but not as extreme, both columbus goalies hit numbers they have yet to even get close to again.
and the leafs adding a big slow defender has never helped them win a series. They've had Bogosian, Polak, Hainsey, Ceci, Marincin etc etc etc and it's never helped
Feb. 17, 2022 at 9:53 p.m.
Stop. You're getting a 3rd and one year of a player one tier lower than the guy you're unwilling to resign for 200k/year more. This is a no brainer.

Bro Mayfield is one of the best stay at home dmen and if Chiarot will bring a first Mayfield will too… Two guys who step up in the playoffs
Feb. 17, 2022 at 10:13 p.m.
H.Lindholm Lover
i liked sandin on the right tonight
Feb. 17, 2022 at 10:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: odyssey
i liked sandin on the right tonight

mmm I wasnt a fan. He made some ok plays but he was the reason Pittsburgh got that goal as he missed his assignment in front of the net. As when you got Bunting and Marner their over him someone missed the memo

In general he got caught one to many times in transition.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 11:00 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I would go get Braun and push Holl to the third pair as it seems he works best there

As if you look at Braun's stats man does he go up against some tough opponents and eat alot of tough minutes for the flyers.

FL1ZRw6XsAM93iP?format=jpg&name=large

(Ignore the Chairot chart)
Feb. 17, 2022 at 11:09 p.m.
H.Lindholm Lover
Quoting: aadoyle
mmm I wasnt a fan. He made some ok plays but he was the reason Pittsburgh got that goal as he missed his assignment in front of the net. As when you got Bunting and Marner their over him someone missed the memo

In general he got caught one to many times in transition.

i only caught the last period, i was working, for what i saw i liked it. i seen the leafs dominating for a bit with the marner line with spezza because matthews was out, really really good puck control and then holl got it and gave it away instantly, hope he cleans his game up or i think hes the one that gets moved
Feb. 17, 2022 at 11:14 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: odyssey
i only caught the last period, i was working, for what i saw i liked it. i seen the leafs dominating for a bit with the marner line with spezza because matthews was out, really really good puck control and then holl got it and gave it away instantly, hope he cleans his game up or i think hes the one that gets moved

Holl actually was fine on the third pair. Rarely saw anything. Dermott had some misplays but was able to get the puck back. Muzzin-Sandin though in transition yeah very lucky Campbell brought his A game as some of those shots he faced when they were on the ice were high danger.

Would prefer to see Muzzin play with Liligren until Dubas brings someone in like Braun to push Holl to the third pair with Sandin
Leafs09 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:43 p.m.
they really arnt, good defensive players are the biggest deterrent. last year it was losing their 2C, matthews wrist and Marner losing his brain along with carey price going bananas that stopped them, they obliterated the habs in shots and chances against, especially from the high danger area that is supposedly guarded by those big slow defenders. The previous year was much of the same, but not as extreme, both columbus goalies hit numbers they have yet to even get close to again.
and the leafs adding a big slow defender has never helped them win a series. They've had Bogosian, Polak, Hainsey, Ceci, Marincin etc etc etc and it's never helped

you missed the sarcasm on the 'big, slow' part. The leafs didn't lose because they lost their 2C. They lost because they were up 3-1 (despite losing their 2C) and had two incredibly idiotic plays by two D still on this team give up the puck making plays they shouldn't have been making. If you look at either of these two D men, they're both incredible shot blockers, take on the worst matchups, play with some nasty and show well. Now you don't have to worry about Muzzin going down and we certainly don't have to watch Holl and Timmy botch play after play at the other teams blue line.

The fact you called Hainsy out speaks to what you missed (that he was our best Dman in those playoffs). He was so awful he went to Ottawa, who was a dumpster fire and STILL finished with a +/- above zero. I bet you were sad to see Barrie go too?
Feb. 18, 2022 at 3:03 p.m.
you missed the sarcasm on the 'big, slow' part. The leafs didn't lose because they lost their 2C. They lost because they were up 3-1 (despite losing their 2C) and had two incredibly idiotic plays by two D still on this team give up the puck making plays they shouldn't have been making. If you look at either of these two D men, they're both incredible shot blockers, take on the worst matchups, play with some nasty and show well. Now you don't have to worry about Muzzin going down and we certainly don't have to watch Holl and Timmy botch play after play at the other teams blue line.

The fact you called Hainsy out speaks to what you missed (that he was our best Dman in those playoffs). He was so awful he went to Ottawa, who was a dumpster fire and STILL finished with a +/- above zero. I bet you were sad to see Barrie go too?

Lol, you can't even get the playera who messed up right, one was dermott and one was galchenyuk
And yes, the leafs lost because they didnt have a 2c because it was scoring that let them down.
Not defence. Not some big slow shot blocker who cant defend.
Also lol plus minus. If you're using plus minus i know im wasting my time
Feb. 20, 2022 at 9:03 a.m.
Lol, you can't even get the playera who messed up right, one was dermott and one was galchenyuk
And yes, the leafs lost because they didnt have a 2c because it was scoring that let them down.
Not defence. Not some big slow shot blocker who cant defend.
Also lol plus minus. If you're using plus minus i know im wasting my time

Yeah your right, I can't get them right, Dermott still isn't on the team.... lol... you're wasting someone's time... I hope you watched the game last night... the one where our D couldn't box out or block a shot... let me guess, 'offence just dried up, and their goalie played out of their mind'. Just hit replay on your DVR from last spring if you're curious how these playoffs will go without addressing their biggest need.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 9:18 a.m.
Yeah your right, I can't get them right, Dermott still isn't on the team.... lol... you're wasting someone's time... I hope you watched the game last night... the one where our D couldn't box out or block a shot... let me guess, 'offence just dried up, and their goalie played out of their mind'. Just hit replay on your DVR from last spring if you're curious how these playoffs will go without addressing their biggest need.

oh wow, a bad game! you got me! A slow bad defender totally would have made all the difference!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll