Forums/Armchair-GM

Pavelski

Created by: Snowball
Team: 2021-22 Dallas Stars
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 18, 2022
Published: Feb. 18, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I believe DAL could make a wild card spot, LAK likely flop down the home stretch here at some point and if DAL get it together can secure a wildcard. But in all honesty is it going to matter? They are not going to be huge buyers at the deadline and with CGY,COL making significant additions, and assuming Vegas does the same (pending LTIR abuse) no matter who DAL draws in the first round it’s going to be extremely tough and not to mention the rest of the series. So should DAL just capitalize on some FA’s and make a quick turn around to compete again next year?

So with that being said I’m looking to DAL fans to see what your returns for Pavs would be for these teams

So I think Pavs gets moved here, 3 team trade list brings down his value (I guess) near as I can see there’s only like 4 teams that are going to be in on him anyways.

BOS and MIN both have little over 2M in space both plausible contenders with additions

NYR(8m) and NSH(almost 10m) have the most room and need the least amount of cap help.

Truly I have absolutely no idea what NSH needs and also see them as the bottom half of the list. Don’t see them replacing either top 2C with Pav, so only for I see here is kunin to 4th and Pavs sliding into 2RW, plausible for sure

BOS needs 2C or 1-2 RW, hey sounds like I might know a guy, so fitment here is pretty much ideal, they have enough cap/move enough players out to make this work cap wise no problem. But BOS is also going to have to make other upgrades here to so

NYR rumored to be looking for forward additions, though I’m not sure how Pav fits into their lineup as their top 6 are pretty strong, but I suppose Laf or Kakko( still injured, not sure severity but will return soon) one or both get slid down and Pavs goes in 1-2 RW is my assumption here, or he plays 3C( you don’t take a guy like that and put him on 3C minutes sooo) fitment here is also good, and with the cap space makes this an easier destination but they are also looking at a lot of other moves to so that hinders their cap a little but should still be fine

MIN been rumored to be looking for center, not sure fitment here is ideal, top line is pretty much untouchable, and 2nd line is not breaking up two future wingers with good chemistry so only option here is 2C between fiala and boldy( wowz dangerous) and slide down the other centers( which isn’t ideal as to both others are playing very well also) but would give this team some amazing center strength all the way down the lineup, and also assume MIN may want to look for 2nd pair D help or 3rd pair upgrades further reducing cap so fitment here is less likely in my eyes but I’m wrong all the time so

All this is depending on Pavs really , COL could be option also but with all the Giroux rumors and him probably being traded before DAL decides what they want to do makes me think they’re out but could not be, Pav will pretty much decide where he wants to go, I have to assume it’s to a legit contender. Makes NYR most likely I guess. Pending Bergeron decision BOS will have enough cap to keep Pav beyond this year if that’s something he’s looking for also, same with NSH but that puts him In the division and if it’s a concern of joes then that rules out MIN and NYR for resigning

This all assumes Pav wants to be traded and DAL wants to trade him( I think DAL would be silly not to trade him) but none of us really know

Let me know what you think DAL gets for some returns here
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Pavelski, Joe
1$7,000,000
Pavelski, Joe
1$7,000,000
Pavelski, Joe
1$7,000,000
Trades
DAL
    Probably my most likely landing spot for Pav, what’s rangers offer?
    DAL
      My #2 most likely landing spot, honestly like this one the best but not sure Pav would agree
      BOS
      1. Pavelski, Joe
      DAL
        #3 most likely ?? Idk it’s a tie with them and MIn, NSH cap just makes it a lot easier move and keeps him in the conference
        NSH
        1. Pavelski, Joe
        DAL
          See above, idk?
          MIN
          1. Pavelski, Joe
          Buried
          DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
          21$81,500,000$73,411,239$927,073$915,000$8,088,761
          Left WingCentreRight Wing
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $9,500,000$9,500,000
          LW, C
          NMC
          UFA - 4
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $9,850,000$9,850,000
          C, RW
          NMC
          UFA - 6
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $1,100,000$1,100,000
          LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $3,250,000$3,250,000
          C, LW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 4
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $6,250,000$6,250,000
          RW
          M-NTC, NMC
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $1,050,000$1,050,000
          RW, LW
          UFA - 2
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $3,150,000$3,150,000
          C
          UFA - 2
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $2,550,000$2,550,000
          RW, LW
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
          LW, C
          RFA - 2
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $1,500,000$1,500,000
          C, RW, LW
          UFA - 2
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
          LW, RW
          RFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $750,000$750,000
          C, LW
          UFA - 2
          Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $8,450,000$8,450,000
          LD/RD
          UFA - 8
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $4,250,000$4,250,000
          RD
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $2,000,000$2,000,000
          G
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $5,800,000$5,800,000
          LD
          NMC
          UFA - 4
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $1,500,000$1,500,000
          RD
          UFA - 3
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
          G
          RFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $3,650,000$3,650,000
          LD
          NMC
          UFA - 4
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
          LD
          RFA - 3
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $750,000$750,000
          LD/RD
          UFA - 2
          ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $1,500,000$1,500,000
          LD/RD
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $4,916,667$4,916,667
          G
          M-NTC, NMC
          UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
          • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:34 a.m.
          Banned
          Regarding this, if it's gets past a 2nd round pick, you can expect our gm to not be interested
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:38 a.m.
          Quoting: GophersBenJ
          Regarding this, if it's gets past a 2nd round pick, you can expect our gm to not be interested

MIN is one of the least likely anyways, doubtful Pav would even want to go there and it will be 2nd and prospect at the very least, if he even moves

Fitment isn’t great in MIN why they were 4th out of 4
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
          Quoting: hanson493
          feel like with studs it would be a 1st or studs... dont think youre getting both. boston loves studs but WONT EFFING USE HIM.

Studnicka's value has dropped in part because the Bruins don't use him at the NHL level. I'm hoping they do but I'm not sure if they will so instead of just keeping him to be the 13th F/play in the AHL, they should use him in a trade (and he's waivers eligible next season).

1st+B prospect (at least) is what Dallas would look for and this makes sense.
          EsoYeezus69 liked this.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
          Quoting: bhavikp27
          Studnicka's value has dropped in part because the Bruins don't use him at the NHL level. I'm hoping they do but I'm not sure if they will so instead of just keeping him to be the 13th F/play in the AHL, they should use him in a trade (and he's waivers eligible next season).

Personally I’d like to just keep stud and avoid this trade, stud is still middle 6 center in the nhl, with the little experience he has, he is still responsible and can drive a line, and not to mention the absolute pathetic depth the B’s have at center is all the more reason to keep him. Yes I know you can find 3C all day long for cheap money but if he can get consistent playing time with a decent line I still believe he can be a 2C and the gamble is worth keeping him and playing him

IMO Coyle needs to go this off-season, it isn’t working and he cost to much to not be better then he is, that instantly opens up the door to try stud at 3C or I’d try him at 2C and put haula at 3C and actually give it some time and see if he can find his way
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.
          Banned
          Quoting: Snowball
          MIN is one of the least likely anyways, doubtful Pav would even want to go there and it will be 2nd and prospect at the very least, if he even moves

Fitment isn’t great in MIN why they were 4th out of 4

Yeah our beat writer mentioned Ryan Suter and whether or not he would affect Joe blocking a trade to Minnesota because Joe recruited suter to Dallas
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:33 p.m.
          Personally I’d like to just keep stud and avoid this trade, stud is still middle 6 center in the nhl, with the little experience he has, he is still responsible and can drive a line, and not to mention the absolute pathetic depth the B’s have at center is all the more reason to keep him. Yes I know you can find 3C all day long for cheap money but if he can get consistent playing time with a decent line I still believe he can be a 2C and the gamble is worth keeping him and playing him

IMO Coyle needs to go this off-season, it isn’t working and he cost to much to not be better then he is, that instantly opens up the door to try stud at 3C or I’d try him at 2C and put haula at 3C and actually give it some time and see if he can find his way

Unless the Bruins go into a rebuild (and still), I don't see Coyle waiving his NMC to go somewhere else. Bruins would also need assets to move him or retain for four years.

I doubt Studnicka will be a 2C (I personally see more of a 3C) but that's what we should be finding out now. 2C/3C/depth player/AHLer, the Bruins can only find out by giving him an actual shot at C for >7 or more games preferably with good wingers and the same ones during that stretch. That has not happened and I don't know if will happen under Cassidy.

Studnicka is 23, in his 3rd pro year and waivers eligible next year; they need to figure it out now. I would play him with Hall and Pastrnak now and likely move him in a trade for 2C/top4 D. He can't stay in the AHL or just sit, that's all.
          hanson493 liked this.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:37 p.m.

I know its dropped in other worlds but that doesnt mean we just ship him out. because they refuse to give him/senyshyn/etc an extended look. I think if you put senyshyn on a team like the penguins/sharks/oilers, that kids gunna light the lamp often.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:40 p.m.
          Unless the Bruins go into a rebuild (and still), I don't see Coyle waiving his NMC to go somewhere else. Bruins would also need assets to move him or retain for four years.

I doubt Studnicka will be a 2C (I personally see more of a 3C) but that's what we should be finding out now. 2C/3C/depth player/AHLer, the Bruins can only find out by giving him an actual shot at C for >7 or more games preferably with good wingers and the same ones during that stretch. That has not happened and I don't know if will happen under Cassidy.

Studnicka is 23, in his 3rd pro year and waivers eligible next year; they need to figure it out now. I would play him with Hall and Pastrnak now and likely move him in a trade for 2C/top4 D. He can't stay in the AHL or just sit, that's all.

Coyle has an 8 team no trade list this off-season, so that leaves 24 teams possible, whether he likes it or not he can be moved

And I completely agree with stud approach, he needs valuable time, I get not happening this year but next is pretty much a must, would love to see him with pasta and see if they can develop chemistry. And or if lysell is ready for nhl next year ( I personally would rather him have another year of development and getting used to North American rink size) I would love to see stud lysell combination for an extended period of time for the same reason of seeing if they can develop chemistry cause if they can that could be a 2nd nhl line combo for many years for the bruins.

And idk if either of them happen under Cassidy. Cassidy likes his job and doesn’t want to lose, a la losing his job while they trip and error young players but it needs to happen
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:42 p.m.
          I know its dropped in other worlds but that doesnt mean we just ship him out. because they refuse to give him/senyshyn/etc an extended look. I think if you put senyshyn on a team like the penguins/sharks/oilers, that kids gunna light the lamp often.

As I said, I would include Studnicka in a trade to acquire a 2C or top4 D. Not just throw him in, he has value. For Senyshyn, he should've had better chances since 2019-20. They have moved on from him and the faster he's traded, the better it is.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:47 p.m.
          Coyle has an 8 team no trade list this off-season, so that leaves 24 teams possible, whether he likes it or not he can be moved

And I completely agree with stud approach, he needs valuable time, I get not happening this year but next is pretty much a must, would love to see him with pasta and see if they can develop chemistry. And or if lysell is ready for nhl next year ( I personally would rather him have another year of development and getting used to North American rink size) I would love to see stud lysell combination for an extended period of time for the same reason of seeing if they can develop chemistry cause if they can that could be a 2nd nhl line combo for many years for the bruins.

And idk if either of them happen under Cassidy. Cassidy likes his job and doesn’t want to lose, a la losing his job while they trip and error young players but it needs to happen

Coyle also has a no-move clause so he cannot be traded without consent. I assume he will send his list but he has the final say because he can choose to waive his NMC or not.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:48 p.m.

Senyshyn definitely needs a chance also, he’s having a decent year also but with steen lysell ahead of him makes it less likely,

Bruins need to stop adding bottom line/ bottom 6 forwards and give some kids a chance
          hanson493 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
          Question:
          Options:
          Add Option
          Submit Poll