$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 24, 2022 at 10:36 p.m.
Can't see Robertson being a part of it. Maybe 1st plus hirvonen? Some lesser prospect. Hagel would be an excellent addition. Have to think dermott would head the other way as well
Feb. 24, 2022 at 10:37 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: In_it_to_winnik
Can't see Robertson being a part of it. Maybe 1st plus hirvonen? Some lesser prospect. Hagel would be an excellent addition. Have to think dermott would head the other way as well

Could Mrazek be a good fit too for Chicago? But yeah Hirvonen definitely isn’t the prospect that Chicago would need. Either Robertson or Knies
Panic76 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 10:48 p.m.
Quoting: csick
Could Mrazek be a good fit too for Chicago? But yeah Hirvonen definitely isn’t the prospect that Chicago would need. Either Robertson or Knies

Dont think they move Mrazek as he has a large sample size of being a good goalie. He needs to take some starts off of Campbell. In what word does Hagel get all that? What evidence exactly? I know everyone player is God according to this cite, but realistically Hagel is a great complimentary winger for really good players. He is not the main play driver on his line. If he is worth that, does bunting get 3 first? Where does it end? Chicago needs a full rebuild. A first in a very deep draft along with a solid centre prospect is a good start.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 10:53 p.m.
Dont think they move Mrazek as he has a large sample size of being a good goalie. He needs to take some starts off of Campbell. In what word does Hagel get all that? What evidence exactly? I know everyone player is God according to this cite, but realistically Hagel is a great complimentary winger for really good players. He is not the main play driver on his line. If he is worth that, does bunting get 3 first? Where does it end? Chicago needs a full rebuild. A first in a very deep draft along with a solid centre prospect is a good start.

I didn't just make this up lol.
Mrazek, Robertson, and Hagel are all involved in trade rumors.
https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2022/02/18/toronto-maple-leafs-trade-target-brandon-hagel/

I also think it's in Toronto's best interest to move Mrazek and free up cap space for next season
Feb. 24, 2022 at 11:03 p.m.
Quoting: SakuThornton
I didn't just make this up lol.
Mrazek, Robertson, and Hagel are all involved in trade rumors.
https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2022/02/18/toronto-maple-leafs-trade-target-brandon-hagel/

I also think it's in Toronto's best interest to move Mrazek and free up cap space for next season

I never said you made it up. Hagel to toronto makes a lot of sense. I just don't believe he's worth all that. Robertson will be on the team next year with a sub 900k aav. Quite possibly the best addition to the team next season. Also I don't consider maple leafs hot stove as a legitimate source. Again yes to the idea but a realistic price (as stated in the article).

I'd give it maybe a 10% chance Mrazek gets traded in season. Off season? Absolutely but you cannot trade goalies like him before the playoffs. Goalies who can legitimately start games and push your starter are far too valuable imo.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 12:05 a.m.
I never said you made it up. Hagel to toronto makes a lot of sense. I just don't believe he's worth all that. Robertson will be on the team next year with a sub 900k aav. Quite possibly the best addition to the team next season. Also I don't consider maple leafs hot stove as a legitimate source. Again yes to the idea but a realistic price (as stated in the article).

I'd give it maybe a 10% chance Mrazek gets traded in season. Off season? Absolutely but you cannot trade goalies like him before the playoffs. Goalies who can legitimately start games and push your starter are far too valuable imo.

Hotstove article contains sources from insiders such as Frank Seravalli (quite accurate).
It's funny, I'm getting pushback on both ends of the spectrum here. Some believe Toronto is giving up too much here, and some believe Toronto has to add a significant amount to the trade. Which is it?
Feb. 25, 2022 at 12:53 a.m.
Edited Feb. 25, 2022 at 1:00 a.m.

Hotstove article contains sources from insiders such as Frank Seravalli (quite accurate).
It's funny, I'm getting pushback on both ends of the spectrum here. Some believe Toronto is giving up too much here, and some believe Toronto has to add a significant amount to the trade. Which is it?

Chicago has already received multiple offers for Hagel that include a 1st and a decent or good prospect depending on the insider reporting, but regardless it's widely reported. Chicago has declined all the offers. Why would Chicago be enticed to move him unless it's clearly a win for Chicago? You have a 23 year old, on a $1.5M cap hit for two more seasons, and a RFA; absolutely the kind of player you want for a rebuild or retool. A late 1st is a bag of magic beans (statistically less then a 30% shot at actually becoming a NHL regular player), and Robertson who right now hasn't proven anything in the NHL and is fragile given his size. Why should Chicago take a late 1st and Robertson? Are you that convinced Robertson will 100% be better then Hagel? I'm not. I get it, he will be an asset in the NHL, but is he going to better then Hagel? I'm not convinced.

As Andrew Shaw said himself (he's a part-time analyst for the hawks) when asked "Doesn't Hagel remind you a lot of yourself" his response was "Yes, but a lot more talented". Do you honestly think a more talented version of Andrew Shaw on a cheap contract for this year and two more seasons and then a RFA to a cup chasing team isn't worth a 1st and Robertson? C'mon If I'm Toronto I'm doing that all day. If I'm the Hawks, I'm not sold as Hagel is the kind of proven young asset you want for a rebuild.

Last point on hagel. that Leafs writer analysis is not very good. It's clear he isn't watching most of Hagel's games to understand the value he brings to the game outside of analytics. To say he's not fast? Really? To say he's not great in the neutral zone really? I agree though he doesn't have a great shot, but he's a total sandpaper type of player, just like Shaw with a high motor and pretty darn quick. Andreas johnson over Hagel...wow, that's a bad take at this point in Johnson's career.

Mrazek is a overpaid so so backup goalie. He had one, what I would call, good season in Carolina (only 12 games and not facing their toughest opponents) but that was also behind the defense in the league at that time....a lot of goalies would look good behind that defense. Toronto made a big mistake signing him for $3.8M...he's not worth that and they will have trouble moving him. He's a fine backup goalie like I said, but he's not worth $3.8M.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 8:21 a.m.

Hagel is a very valuable player and would be of significant interest. But when did every player get traded for a first, top prospect +++? 1st rounder is valued more than anything for these gms. Same with Miller. 1st, top prospect, roster player +. I'd rather pay the value for him even though I love the way Hagel plays. He isn't a legit top 6 winger, Miller is.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 8:45 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Chicago has already received multiple offers for Hagel that include a 1st and a decent or good prospect depending on the insider reporting, but regardless it's widely reported. Chicago has declined all the offers. Why would Chicago be enticed to move him unless it's clearly a win for Chicago? You have a 23 year old, on a $1.5M cap hit for two more seasons, and a RFA; absolutely the kind of player you want for a rebuild or retool. A late 1st is a bag of magic beans (statistically less then a 30% shot at actually becoming a NHL regular player), and Robertson who right now hasn't proven anything in the NHL and is fragile given his size. Why should Chicago take a late 1st and Robertson? Are you that convinced Robertson will 100% be better then Hagel? I'm not. I get it, he will be an asset in the NHL, but is he going to better then Hagel? I'm not convinced.

As Andrew Shaw said himself (he's a part-time analyst for the hawks) when asked "Doesn't Hagel remind you a lot of yourself" his response was "Yes, but a lot more talented". Do you honestly think a more talented version of Andrew Shaw on a cheap contract for this year and two more seasons and then a RFA to a cup chasing team isn't worth a 1st and Robertson? C'mon If I'm Toronto I'm doing that all day. If I'm the Hawks, I'm not sold as Hagel is the kind of proven young asset you want for a rebuild.

Last point on hagel. that Leafs writer analysis is not very good. It's clear he isn't watching most of Hagel's games to understand the value he brings to the game outside of analytics. To say he's not fast? Really? To say he's not great in the neutral zone really? I agree though he doesn't have a great shot, but he's a total sandpaper type of player, just like Shaw with a high motor and pretty darn quick. Andreas johnson over Hagel...wow, that's a bad take at this point in Johnson's career.

Mrazek is a overpaid so so backup goalie. He had one, what I would call, good season in Carolina (only 12 games and not facing their toughest opponents) but that was also behind the defense in the league at that time....a lot of goalies would look good behind that defense. Toronto made a big mistake signing him for $3.8M...he's not worth that and they will have trouble moving him. He's a fine backup goalie like I said, but he's not worth $3.8M.

Hagel is a really solid player, and any team would be happy to have him. I don't think he would be worth the price if it gets inflated. I just really like Robertson, and believe he will be a really good player. Yes he has had injuries but he's still only 20. Players aren't usually scoring goal per game post draft year. And first rounders are great for teams who actually draft correctly. First rounder, yes but not a top prospect on top of it.

You want to talk about Shaw? Well he got dealt while in his prime for 2 second rounders. Was he as talented as Hagel? No, not really but they way he played was much more aggressive and gms value that more than higher point totals. Did He get a first, a top prospect ++ no, that was never even a conversation. I take comments from players with a grain of salt when comparing themselves to others. Remember Matthew Tkachuk said Brady was the same but bigger stronger faster? Yeah..... no Matthew is leagues better. Try not to have the "clearly hasn't watched many games" take as these writers literally have a job to watch players, look at their numbers and make honest assessments. I could say the exact same about you with your comments about Robertson. Do I? No as I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

As for the Mrazek, he hasn't been good plain and simple, but the goalie market is inflated. Is he worth 3.8? Hell no, but I'd rather get some better defense and try to turn his game around. He has had some good years so I'm not giving up on him.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.
Hagel is a really solid player, and any team would be happy to have him. I don't think he would be worth the price if it gets inflated. I just really like Robertson, and believe he will be a really good player. Yes he has had injuries but he's still only 20. Players aren't usually scoring goal per game post draft year. And first rounders are great for teams who actually draft correctly. First rounder, yes but not a top prospect on top of it.

You want to talk about Shaw? Well he got dealt while in his prime for 2 second rounders. Was he as talented as Hagel? No, not really but they way he played was much more aggressive and gms value that more than higher point totals. Did He get a first, a top prospect ++ no, that was never even a conversation. I take comments from players with a grain of salt when comparing themselves to others. Remember Matthew Tkachuk said Brady was the same but bigger stronger faster? Yeah..... no Matthew is leagues better. Try not to have the "clearly hasn't watched many games" take as these writers literally have a job to watch players, look at their numbers and make honest assessments. I could say the exact same about you with your comments about Robertson. Do I? No as I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

As for the Mrazek, he hasn't been good plain and simple, but the goalie market is inflated. Is he worth 3.8? Hell no, but I'd rather get some better defense and try to turn his game around. He has had some good years so I'm not giving up on him.

Shaw was dealt with a higher cap hit as well, but the point being, Hagel plays a similar game but is more talented. All the sports writers have been rightfully comparing Hagel to Shaw but a more talented version. That said, is he worth a 1st and top prospect, no, but Chicago shouldn't trade him for anything less either as he's a very valuable, cost controlled, young player. Accepting a late first round pick alone would be highway robbery for Hagel; the chance of getting a better player then Hagel in the late first round has to be less then 20% which is just a dumb move.

I disagree on Mrazek. I watched a lot of him playing in Carolina and he's a pretty good backup...maybe around top 45 to 50 goalies in the league, but not a 1B as some suggest but being paid like a 1B. His numbers were inflated in Carolina being the best defense in the league. Now take Toronto, among the top 12 defenses in the league and you can see his numbers aren't great...that's the real Mrazek not the one you saw last year in Carolina.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 6:45 p.m.
Shaw was dealt with a higher cap hit as well, but the point being, Hagel plays a similar game but is more talented. All the sports writers have been rightfully comparing Hagel to Shaw but a more talented version. That said, is he worth a 1st and top prospect, no, but Chicago shouldn't trade him for anything less either as he's a very valuable, cost controlled, young player. Accepting a late first round pick alone would be highway robbery for Hagel; the chance of getting a better player then Hagel in the late first round has to be less then 20% which is just a dumb move.

I disagree on Mrazek. I watched a lot of him playing in Carolina and he's a pretty good backup...maybe around top 45 to 50 goalies in the league, but not a 1B as some suggest but being paid like a 1B. His numbers were inflated in Carolina being the best defense in the league. Now take Toronto, among the top 12 defenses in the league and you can see his numbers aren't great...that's the real Mrazek not the one you saw last year in Carolina.

Agreed on hagel, hope he stays and keeps doing well in Chicago. Easy to root for guys like him wasn't he a 6th round pick out of Buffalo? Great story either way.

Mrazek hasn't had a chance to get in a groove this year( injured in first game, then again in first game back, then covid break), but I agree he isn't great. He should still preform better than he has. I wasn't a fan of the signing as his numbers were inflated
ChiHawk liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:12 a.m.
Agreed on hagel, hope he stays and keeps doing well in Chicago. Easy to root for guys like him wasn't he a 6th round pick out of Buffalo? Great story either way.

Mrazek hasn't had a chance to get in a groove this year( injured in first game, then again in first game back, then covid break), but I agree he isn't great. He should still preform better than he has. I wasn't a fan of the signing as his numbers were inflated

Yes, on Hagel. He got a hat trick tonight too!
Feb. 26, 2022 at 11:50 a.m.
Yes, on Hagel. He got a hat trick tonight too!

Hagel sporting an unsustainable 21.3 shooting percentage on the year...so yeah, his trade value is being massively overstated right now. A first round pick is a run away win for Chicago, let alone a first AND prospect
Feb. 26, 2022 at 1:44 p.m.
Hagel sporting an unsustainable 21.3 shooting percentage on the year...so yeah, his trade value is being massively overstated right now. A first round pick is a run away win for Chicago, let alone a first AND prospect

LMAO a late 1st round pick is a bag of magic beans. Based on history, statistically a late 1st has less then a 30% chance of turning into a full-time NHL player; any GM that owned Hagel would be a complete idiot to trade Hagel for a late 1st. Draft picks are highly overrated, mostly by fans but a lot of analysts as well.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
LMAO a late 1st round pick is a bag of magic beans. Based on history, statistically a late 1st has less then a 30% chance of turning into a full-time NHL player; any GM that owned Hagel would be a complete idiot to trade Hagel for a late 1st. Draft picks are highly overrated, mostly by fans but a lot of analysts as well.

"Draft picks are highly overrated" OK, try building an NHL franchise without drafting players wink
Hagel possibly the most overrated and overhyped player since Dustin Penner, whoever gives up the farm for such an average player will only regret it in a few months. Buying high on a player with an unsustainable shooting percentage being propped up by Patrick Kane is a noob move
Feb. 28, 2022 at 7:01 p.m.
"Draft picks are highly overrated" OK, try building an NHL franchise without drafting players wink
Hagel possibly the most overrated and overhyped player since Dustin Penner, whoever gives up the farm for such an average player will only regret it in a few months. Buying high on a player with an unsustainable shooting percentage being propped up by Patrick Kane is a noob move

Ummm, the Hawks aren't building a franchise and that doesn't change the fact that a late 1st would be a stupid move for any GM that owned him based on statistics of what that late 1st will turn into.

The equal value for Hagel right now would be swapping a top prospect for hagel, a guy who hasn't played in the league and is project as a top 6 player...not elite player, but very high level prospect. A guy that has the potential be much better then Hagel; but because he hasn't proven anything could potentially be worse then or not even make it in the NHL...risk versus reward. The team that gets Hagel gets a proven 23 year old kid, high motor, high physicality, and going to be complimentary piece to any top 6...bird in hand move. That's the fair price for a player like Hagel.

That said, Hawks aren't shopping Hagel and have already turned down at least 3 if not 4 offers of a 1st and good prospect. You can understand the logic as to why they wouldn't accept that unless the project is a top prospect. The point is, teams are trying to force Chicago to let go of Hagel with an offer that is too good to pass up. That's where the hype is coming from.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll