SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Next two games, determines Leafs lineup this year, maybe for years after

Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:24 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Edited Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:05 p.m.
It appears Leafs will be going what goaltenders Kallgren for the next four days. He was solid in relief, and his first NHL start got a shutout. Most say the Leafs played well in that shutout win over Dallas.
If Kallgren plays well, I would say, the Leafs might just roll with him this year, and no new goalie will be brought in at TDL.
If the Leafs Dmen play well, maybe their is no need to overpay for a short term Dman at TDL. Leafs do have eight NHL Dman (with Muzzin) on the roster. If they play to their capabilities, the Dmenn are good enough. Sure a superior addition would be nice, but at what cost?
I know I said a lot of "ifs", but to my CF pals, the Leafs just may not be so desperate to trade away good futures this TDL.
So, the next few games, could be determine how the Leaf roster is constructed for the rest of this season, and for the next few years.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:58 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 18, 2022 at 1:06 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
It appears Leafs will be going what goaltenders Kallgren for the next four days. He was solid in relief, and his first NHL start got a shutout. Most say the Leafs played well in that shutout win over Dallas.
If Kallgren plays well, I would say, the Leafs might just roll with him this year, and no new goalie will be brought in at TDL.
If the Leafs Dmen play well, maybe their is no need to overpay for a short term Dman at TDL. Leafs do have eight NHL Dman (with Muzzin) on the roster. If they play to their capabilities, the Dmenn are good enough. Sure a superior addition would be nice, but at what cost?
I know I said a lot of "ifs", but to my CF pals, the Leafs just may not be so desperate to trade away good futures this TDL.
So, the next few games, could be determine how the Leaf roster is constructed for the rest of this season, and for the next few years.

So far so good

Kallgren so far

11-12 0.909sv (**** refs for that stupid no call) vs. Arizona do their job shutout.
35-35 0.100sv vs. Dallas
34-36 0.946sv vs. Carolina (could have been another shutout but Carolina had puck luck in the third)

So he could have been the first goalie to have 3 consecutive shutouts in his first NHL season but whatever.

In general if Toronto plays like they are in front of him in front of Campbell oh man are we in for a fun ride. As everything looks good now. Its like all they needed was a good save and they were off to the races.

Also fun fact Leafs are actually playing a physical game now

Leafs in their last 4 games

36 hits
31 hits
30 hits
42 hits

Wonder what set them off as they usually average 19.

Update: Simmonds seems to be out as he is non-roster and thats not good. Hope all is well with Simmonds

Clifford has been good so far though so take all the time you need is all I can say.
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll