SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

5/3 Mock Draft 2022

5/3 Mock Draft 2022

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Sacha_Baysal_
Published: May 3, 2022 at 2:23 p.m.
Description
This is my 2nd Mock Draft. I will make another one after the lottery, so I know the order. What would you change.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens (1→1)
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes (2→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Best Player in the Draft
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Solid 2-Way Center with Playmaking and Scoring capability for Arizona's stacked future.
3Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Nemec is the best D-Man in the draft. Seattle got Beniers in the last draft so this draft they can get a really good D-Man for their future in this draft.
4Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Great Skating with an all around great offensive game. Who can be Philly's future Center since Giroux left.
5Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Big Scoring Winger with a wicked shot to be Hughes partner in the future. Went on an absolute terror in the olympics winning the MVP at 17 years old.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksThis may seem a little high for Nazar but I really like his shifty and crafty game. He can score, pass, and has great hands.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa gets another future Defenseman. Because of their already stacked forward core I think they want a D-Man here. I think Jiricek is the 2nd best D-Man in the draft because of his great 2-way game and some good physicality.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Great Scoring WInger for Detroit's future Top 6. He went on an absolute terror at the U18 Championship.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Another great future Winger for Buffalo who can pass and shoot. He is great at carrying the puck into the zone and throughout the zone.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Some people may think this is too high, but I watched a lot of McGroarty at the U18 Championship and he was just amazing for USA. He can shoot, pass, defense, offense,nd has physicality.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Speed winger who is putting up pretty good numbers in the MHL. After he develops some of his skills a little more he can become a really good all around winger.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus took a forward with their 1st pick in the draft so now they may went a D-Man here. I think the next best option is Casey. Great transition, offense, and a PP quarterback. Plays kinda like Adam Fox.
13Logo of the New York Islanders-Lambert's stock has really been dropping quite a bit. I think this spot is good for him. Still a solid skilled forward who does have a few attitude issues, but I think those could get sorted out. Great skating and attacking the defenders.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The jets already have many great forwards and they need more D-Men. Chesley is a RD , Being a RD I think he has more value than some other D-Man. Very reliable defender who has great stick play and keeping people out from the slot.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Geekie is a big physical center. He isn't the fastest skater and that's why I have him lower than most people because skating is the most important part of hockey. But in the offensive zone he can drive play and make some very nice plays.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsAfter Buffalo took a forward with the 9th overall pick they want a D-Man here. Mateychuk is the next best option at this spot. Great passing and vision with a good shot from the point. He takes some unneeded risks while on defense, once he gets those sorted out he can be a solid 2-way D-Man.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-Great 2-Way player who is very good on special teams. Very versatile in the O-Zone who can shot and pass. Great future forward for Nashville who could be Top 6.
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-Ostlund is a solid all around center who plays with pace and can shoot or pass once he brings the puck into the zone.
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Howard played excellent at the U18 Championship and was already playing very well before that. LA can really take anyone here because they already have so many good D and F prospects. Howard has a really good shot with some great speed.
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-Washington gets a great winger prospects. He has a great shot, some good size, and excells in 2-way play.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Very offensively skilled winger to be in the Penguins future Middle 6. Great shot and drive in the O-Zone.
22Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Oilers already have many great offensive talents so they probably want a D-Man here. Great at retrieving the puck and then making a great outlet pass. Keep guys away from the next and then start an offensive drive. Once he works out some small issues he cna be a really complete D-Man.
23Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsAfter the Ducks took a forward earlier in the draft, they can take a D-Man here. Great PP man and is almost a forwars with his offensive ability. If he were to sort out his defensive issues, he could be a Top 10 pick.
24Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Great Center who can be very crafty and make amazing passess in the offensive zone. Seems to have Top 6 potential.
25Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Winger who can be a great Middle 6 forward in the future Great puck skills and a great shot to be in Tampa's future.
26Logo of the New York Rangers-Winger with a great 200 Ft game and scoring ability. If he were to develop good, he can become a dangerous Top 6 winger.
27Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary FlamesAfter Montreal got their #1 forward with the 1st pick, they should get a D-Man here. One of the best all around defenseman in the draft. He just lacks size.espite that, I think he canill develop into a Top 4 solid all around D-Man.
28Logo of the Minnesota Wild-All around solid forward with a great shot and vision. Could become a really good Middle 6 forward.
29Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Solid D-Man who just needs to sort out his decision issues. If those get sorted out than he can become a really good defensive D-Man.
30Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina HurricanesGreat size for a big D-Man at 6'4. Great pace and puck moving.
31Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado AvalancheSolid offensive defenseman who can become a good Top 6 D-Man if he works out his defensive issues.
32Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida PanthersGreat 2-way Center who can become a top 6 center. Plays sort of like a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Secondary scoring and can still make great offensive plays.
May 3, 2022 at 3:13 p.m.
cant see cbj taking Nazar before Jiricek. We need a big strong RHD and Jiricek is that....
May 3, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.
The Ducks need defenseman more than anything else. Perhaps the top teams in the draft will believe it's better to take a forward since there are more quality forwards in this draft compared to defensemen.
May 4, 2022 at 8:39 a.m.
MajorMoose
I think Korchinski goes in the top 20 he's been rising up draft rankings as of late
May 4, 2022 at 11:33 p.m.
Devils Guy
That's who I want NJ to draft. Imagine if they get Slafkovsky, their potential top 6.

Slafkovsky-Hughes-Sharangovich
Bratt-Hischier-Holtz

That's pretty dirty.
May 5, 2022 at 4:55 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: Konkarsson
cant see cbj taking Nazar before Jiricek. We need a big strong RHD and Jiricek is that....

Anyone with the CBJ passing on Jiricek is just another in a long line of examples of people not having the slightest clue of what is going on with the team.
May 5, 2022 at 7:46 a.m.
Fan of the OHL
Why would the Habs take the small LHD Hutson at their 2nd pick - their cupboard is stocked full of LHD and he’s not BPA
Habs will gamble on trikozov or RHD Salmonsson

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll