Forums/Armchair-GM

OEL for BG

Created by: F50marco
Team: 2022-23 Vancouver Canucks
Initial Creation Date: May 24, 2022
Published: May 24, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I'm sure other deals would be made. Just focusing on this one for now.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$6,000,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$3,500,000
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$77,541,667$1,250,000$1,150,000$4,958,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 1
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$891,667$891,667 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,650,000$2,650,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
G
RFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 24, 2022 at 2:08 p.m.
Seems pretty decent, but why would you want OEL? You have Romonov on the left, with Guhle, Harris, Norlinder etc coming up. I don’t see how he would fit.
F50marco and Campabee liked this.
May 24, 2022 at 2:22 p.m.
alwaysnextyear
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
Seems pretty decent, but why would you want OEL? You have Romonov on the left, with Guhle, Harris, Norlinder etc coming up. I don’t see how he would fit.

Yep. And it actually leaves a hole on the Canucks blueline. OEL isn't great, but if he can be a decent #4 he still has an important role on VAN.
Nhl_oilers, F50marco and Angusc liked this.
May 24, 2022 at 2:25 p.m.

Really depends on if Habs move Petry or not. If they do, this could work because while all those young guys are nice prospects and whatnot, none of them can run a PP. Harris is more of a 2 way dman, Guhle also. Romanov will never be a PP guy. Norlinder is still IMHO a coin toss to making the Habs roster. Not sold on him yet.

So they'd have OEL, Romanov and 1 of Guhle/Harris on the left. Eddy, Savard and Barron on the right.

Habs are equally packed on the wings and Gallagher will no longer be getting PP minutes here in MTL so I think this could benefit both teams by giving them a change of scenery while giving each team a boost in an area of potential need at zero cost. (Assuming Boeser is traded for a Dman like Marino, etc)

Its just an idea. Also I added Armia and Poolman just to bridge the gap between OEL and Gally in cap but they don't need to be added.
Nhl_oilers liked this.
May 24, 2022 at 2:26 p.m.
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
Yep. And it actually leaves a hole on the Canucks blueline. OEL isn't great, but if he can be a decent #4 he still has an important role on VAN.

How is Rathbone doing? Maybe he can come up in a year or two and play on the top 4. I think this would work for Vancouver if they had someone either up, or in the system that will be good enough to play on the second pair soon, and if they trade Boeser for any reason.
May 24, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.

That hole would need to be filled either by trade (Boeser) or free agency obviously. Any ideas? I was thinking Boeser for Marino since there was a rumor and then signing a vet like Edler. (Whoever - I just used Edler)
May 24, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
alwaysnextyear
How is Rathbone doing? Maybe he can come up in a year or two and play on the top 4. I think this would work for Vancouver if they had someone either up, or in the system that will be good enough to play on the second pair soon, and if they trade Boeser for any reason.

Rathbone had a fantastic season in the AHL and should get games on the 3rd pair in VAN next season. If he can adapt to the speed of the big league then he definitely still has top 4 upside, and could eventually push OEL to a 3rd pairing role or over to his off-side. But it's too soon to pencil him in for that.
Nhl_oilers liked this.
May 24, 2022 at 2:30 p.m.
alwaysnextyear
Quoting: F50marco
That hole would need to be filled either by trade (Boeser) or free agency obviously. Any ideas? I was thinking Boeser for Marino since there was a rumor and then signing a vet like Edler. (Whoever - I just used Edler)

I'd personally like a deal around Boeser-for-Marino for the Canucks, but quite a few Pens fans on this site don't think PIT is all that high on moving Marino out; especially if Letang can't be extended.
F50marco liked this.
May 24, 2022 at 2:32 p.m.
Really depends on if Habs move Petry or not. If they do, this could work because while all those young guys are nice prospects and whatnot, none of them can run a PP. Harris is more of a 2 way dman, Guhle also. Romanov will never be a PP guy. Norlinder is still IMHO a coin toss to making the Habs roster. Not sold on him yet.

So they'd have OEL, Romanov and 1 of Guhle/Harris on the left. Eddy, Savard and Barron on the right.

Habs are equally packed on the wings and Gallagher will no longer be getting PP minutes here in MTL so I think this could benefit both teams by giving them a change of scenery while giving each team a boost in an area of potential need at zero cost. (Assuming Boeser is traded for a Dman like Marino, etc)

Its just an idea. Also I added Armia and Poolman just to bridge the gap between OEL and Gally in cap but they don't need to be added.

If they move Petry, I could also see a trade for a offensive defence man coming, but I think they may want a right shot as they are weaker there in the system, and in the NHL. OEL has a long contract too, so Guhle may have to play on the bottom pair for way too long. Maybe OEL can play on the right side… I’ve never seen it, but it’s possible. That would make more sense long term. I agree trading Gallagher would be beneficial for both the team, and himself. I could see him going to Vancouver especially if they move Boeser as well. Moving OEL for Gallagher, and Boeser for a Marino type guy would be very good for them. I guess it all depends on if they have a left shot guy to play in the top 4. I like the trade, I just don’t see why the habs would do this then play Guhle on the bottom pair for years. It may be better to go after a guy like Barrie for example. Cheaper, and is a right shot.
May 24, 2022 at 2:33 p.m.
alwaysnextyear

And I love Alex Edler as a former Canuck, but I'm not sure he has a lot left in the tank if you're penciling him in for top 4 duty. I'd gladly give him a one year deal for 3rd pairing work though.
May 24, 2022 at 2:39 p.m.
If they move Petry, I could also see a trade for a offensive defence man coming, but I think they may want a right shot as they are weaker there in the system, and in the NHL. OEL has a long contract too, so Guhle may have to play on the bottom pair for way too long. Maybe OEL can play on the right side… I’ve never seen it, but it’s possible. That would make more sense long term. I agree trading Gallagher would be beneficial for both the team, and himself. I could see him going to Vancouver especially if they move Boeser as well. Moving OEL for Gallagher, and Boeser for a Marino type guy would be very good for them. I guess it all depends on if they have a left shot guy to play in the top 4. I like the trade, I just don’t see why the habs would do this then play Guhle on the bottom pair for years. It may be better to go after a guy like Barrie for example. Cheaper, and is a right shot.

Who says Guhle/Harris/Norlinder would have to play on the bottom pair forever? If they prove themselves, they can get top minutes right a way. OEL's minutes can be reduced if need be. It would be no different with wingers pushing Gallagher's minutes down. There is more chance of that IMHO. Habs are chaulk full of wingers right now with more good prospects on the way. I feel its easier for young wingers to step into the NHL right away then it is for dmen. Guhle could play a season or two in the AHL and it not affect his development.

Plus I'm sure OEL could play some minutes on the right if necessary. Heck Romanov has played on the right this past season also. Guys can be moved around, I'm not worried. as of right now, Habs need a PP Qtrback. None of the players/prospects they have are either ready or can even do it outside Petry IMHO.
Nhl_oilers liked this.
May 24, 2022 at 2:41 p.m.
And I love Alex Edler as a former Canuck, but I'm not sure he has a lot left in the tank if you're penciling him in for top 4 duty. I'd gladly give him a one year deal for 3rd pairing work though.

Yeah maybe someone else then. Could just be another trade for all we know. Van 1st 2022 plus Podkolzin + for Chychrun maybe? IDK there are other options available if necessary.
May 24, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
Who says Guhle/Harris/Norlinder would have to play on the bottom pair forever? If they prove themselves, they can get top minutes right a way. OEL's minutes can be reduced if need be. It would be no different with wingers pushing Gallagher's minutes down. There is more chance of that IMHO. Habs are chaulk full of wingers right now with more good prospects on the way. I feel its easier for young wingers to step into the NHL right away then it is for dmen. Guhle could play a season or two in the AHL and it not affect his development.

Plus I'm sure OEL could play some minutes on the right if necessary. Heck Romanov has played on the right this past season also. Guys can be moved around, I'm not worried. as of right now, Habs need a PP Qtrback. None of the players/prospects they have are either ready or can even do it outside Petry IMHO.

Fair enough. In the end, you know more than me when it comes to the habs, and I didn’t know Romonov played on the right side. I just don’t know if you want someone that expensive getting low minutes, but if that’s how you get Gallagher, then you may have to do it. Again, the trade is fair… just a little bit was unclear for me. If OEL can play on the right side well, I think that would still be better. That should give Mallioux enough time to come up if they keep him, and take over on the PP. The habs will be a good team one day, and thanks for explaining this trade more to me.
May 24, 2022 at 3:33 p.m.
alwaysnextyear
Yeah maybe someone else then. Could just be another trade for all we know. Van 1st 2022 plus Podkolzin + for Chychrun maybe? IDK there are other options available if necessary.

Yeah, the only way I see VAN giving up their 1st or Podkolzin is if they're acquiring a younger, top 4 Dman that can play the right side. Another core player that will be a long term solution.
F50marco liked this.
May 24, 2022 at 3:56 p.m.
GREEN FIRED
Please no

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll