$8,250,000$8,250,000
                C
                NMC
                UFA - 4
                $8,625,000$8,625,000
                RW
                NMC
                UFA - 4
                $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
                LW
                UFA - 1
                $6,875,000$6,875,000
                C, RW
                NMC
                UFA - 5
                $3,750,000$3,750,000
                RW, LW
                UFA - 2
                $2,463,139$2,463,139
                RW, LW
                UFA - 5
                $900,000$900,000
                RW
                UFA - 1
                $1,750,000$1,750,000
                C, LW
                M-NTC
                UFA - 1
                $670,000$670,000
                RW
                UFA - 1
                $637,500$637,500
                RW, C
                UFA - 1
                $650,000$650,000
                C, RW
                UFA - 1
                Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
                $3,250,000$3,250,000
                LD
                UFA - 1
                $2,300,000$2,300,000
                G
                UFA - 2
                $3,700,000$3,700,000
                RD
                UFA - 4
                $4,000,000$4,000,000
                RD
                NMC
                UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
                • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
                May 4, 2017 at 7:35 p.m.
                As an oilers fan what would you want for vatanen?
                May 4, 2017 at 7:49 p.m.
                Suffering Isles Fan
                Middle six prospect, 1st, and 2nd for Fowler?
                May 4, 2017 at 8:25 p.m.
                Oh Canada
                What would the Jets have to add to Kyle Connor to get Lindholm.
                May 4, 2017 at 8:36 p.m.
                I constantly see you chirping about this stuff but you're not taking the Expansion Draft into account and that GREATLY effects these prices. If you do nothing, you're guaranteed to lose either Silfverberg or Manson. Assuming Bieska doesn't waive, which he won't.

Likely, the right thing to do is trade two of Fowler, Vatanen and Manson. That would let you protect all the forwards you want (and potentially acquire) while not losing any important defensemen for nothing. Since the Ducks likely have to do something like to not get screwed by a new division rival, the prices will be lower than usual.
                May 4, 2017 at 11:22 p.m.
                They aren't 'guaranteed to lose Silfverberg as they would go 7-3-1 not 8-1. If Bieksa does not waive his NMC then he would be bought out.
                May 5, 2017 at 12:40 a.m.
                Quoting: xanderK
                I constantly see you chirping about this stuff but you're not taking the Expansion Draft into account and that GREATLY effects these prices. If you do nothing, you're guaranteed to lose either Silfverberg or Manson. Assuming Bieska doesn't waive, which he won't.

Likely, the right thing to do is trade two of Fowler, Vatanen and Manson. That would let you protect all the forwards you want (and potentially acquire) while not losing any important defensemen for nothing. Since the Ducks likely have to do something like to not get screwed by a new division rival, the prices will be lower than usual.

So the right thing to do is to trade 2 of our top 3 D for what most opposing fans think will be reduced returns because we "have to deal or lose for nothing" ? While I tend to agree that the Ducks wont buyout Bxa im not convinced he wont waive. But in the case that he doesnt you expose Vatanen to the draft. It clears money and space on the blue line. Vats doesnt mesh with Fowler very well so there isnt much room in the top 4 unless you put him with Lindy which RC doesnt seem to want to do. We can only lose 1 player to the draft and really Vatanen is the easiest for the Ducks to replace. That is much better than gutting your D for below market value trades. They would still arguably have enough assets to add a forward in trade for futures.
                May 5, 2017 at 7:49 a.m.
                Quoting: Dylan1995

No deal to be had because we wouldn't move him to a rival team. Having watched the ANA-EDM series, the Oilers are close. They have an excellent mix of size and speed and speed. Adding Vatanen to that group would pretty much mean we don't get a shot at the cup for the next 10+ years. EDM would effectively become the West's PIT, dominating every team with their speed and offensive prowess. EZ pass.

If moved, I suspect Vatanen will be shipped out East to NYR or TB.

Quoting: BLough17

If Fowler doesn't want to stay in ANA passed next season = sure.

If Fowler does want to stay in ANA passed next season = not even close.

Quoting: gojetsgo

No deal. Lindholm will be the #1D of this team for a long time. The OP is wrong. Lindholm is untouchable.

Bieksa will waive or will be bought out. You may choose not to believe it because you want to screw ANA out of a quality player for nothing, but there really is no question about it. GMBM isn't stupid enough to put a 49 pt Selke level winger and a clutch playoff performer on the line or a young, a heavily underpaid, top 4 D-man at risk to keep a 36 year old, 3rd pairing D-man.

Vatanen for Palat/Johnson or Vatanen for Miller/Kreider are deals I would like. However, I could see teams like DET and MTL both being interested in Vatanen. The only thing the ED does is force us to move Vatanen, but there are enough teams that will be interested in him to keep the price high. Supply and demand baby!!! Supply and demand.
                May 5, 2017 at 12:05 p.m.
                Quoting: mytduxfan
                Quoting: Dylan1995

No deal to be had because we wouldn't move him to a rival team. Having watched the ANA-EDM series, the Oilers are close. They have an excellent mix of size and speed and speed. Adding Vatanen to that group would pretty much mean we don't get a shot at the cup for the next 10+ years. EDM would effectively become the West's PIT, dominating every team with their speed and offensive prowess. EZ pass.

Quoting: BLough17

Quoting: gojetsgo

No deal. Lindholm will be the #1D of this team for a long time. The OP is wrong. Lindholm is untouchable.

Bieksa will waive or will be bought out. You may choose not to believe it because you want to screw ANA out of a quality player for nothing, but there really is no question about it. GMBM isn't stupid enough to put a 49 pt Selke level winger and a clutch playoff performer on the line or a young, a heavily underpaid, top 4 D-man at risk to keep a 36 year old, 3rd pairing D-man.

Vatanen for Palat/Johnson or Vatanen for Miller/Kreider are deals I would like. However, I could see teams like DET and MTL both being interested in Vatanen. The only thing the ED does is force us to move Vatanen, but there are enough teams that will be interested in him to keep the price high. Supply and demand baby!!! Supply and demand.

If we buyout Bxa who do we expose to the draft that satisfies the games played requirments? 4 mill in dead cap is pretty rough. Not saying its impoasible but i think its unlikely.
                May 5, 2017 at 1:47 p.m.
                Quoting: Garitjax

If we buyout Bxa who do we expose to the draft that satisfies the games played requirments? 4 mill in dead cap is pretty rough. Not saying its impoasible but i think its unlikely.

You get a guy back with the Vatanen trade:

DET = Tatar + Ouellet (expose)
                TOR = Kapanen + Hunwick
                NYR = Miller + Holden

The NYR is a gross overpay by NYR, but you get my point. Most of those D-men are unwanted/unnecessary with Vatanen going the other way. We can just acquire a guy to expose and the likelihood is that they'll get taken by LV because they're younger and of more use long-term to LV then a 35 year old Vermette i.e. their cap will come off the books too.

I don't understand the 4mil in dead cap? Whether Bieksa is on the roster or bought out, he's going to cost us 4M. It's used/dead cap regardless. IMO, we're better off with Bieksa not being on the team. LV isn't going to do us a favour and take Bieksa if we expose him. They'll take Vermette before they take Bieksa. That 4M is gone.
                May 5, 2017 at 2:52 p.m.
                Quoting: Garitjax

You get a guy back with the Vatanen trade:

DET = Tatar + Ouellet (expose)
                TOR = Kapanen + Hunwick
                NYR = Miller + Holden

The NYR is a gross overpay by NYR, but you get my point. Most of those D-men are unwanted/unnecessary with Vatanen going the other way. We can just acquire a guy to expose and the likelihood is that they'll get taken by LV because they're younger and of more use long-term to LV then a 35 year old Vermette i.e. their cap will come off the books too.

I don't understand the 4mil in dead cap? Whether Bieksa is on the roster or bought out, he's going to cost us 4M. It's used/dead cap regardless. IMO, we're better off with Bieksa not being on the team. LV isn't going to do us a favour and take Bieksa if we expose him. They'll take Vermette before they take Bieksa. That 4M is gone.

Just saying, having to take a D back affects value and complicates the deal. And if They're not taken we are stuck with a D we dont need.

The dead space comes from having to fill his roster spot. So 4 mill + replacement cost. Right now its a sunk cost.

To create a post please Login or Register
                Question:
                Options:
                Add Option
                Submit Poll