SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Trade

Created by: Dom1422
Published: Jun. 10, 2022 at 6:54 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams does not meet the minimum 3 goaltender requirement

Logo of the Dallas StarsDallas Stars

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Khudobin, AntonDallas StarsMinor-$2,196,460011-------00
Martino, AyrtonDallas StarsReserve List-$0001---------
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Dallas StarsDAL)---010------
2024 5th round pick (Logo of the Dallas StarsDAL)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Petry, JeffMontreal CanadiensNHL-$6,216,398011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$19,560,8341731423510
Change-$4,019,93810-10-1-1
Final$15,540,896 (↓)18 (↑)3141 (↓)34 (↓)9 (↓)000

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Petry, JeffMontreal CanadiensNHL-$6,216,398011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Khudobin, AntonDallas StarsMinor-$2,196,460011-------00
Martino, AyrtonDallas StarsReserve List-$0001---------
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Dallas StarsDAL)---010------
2024 5th round pick (Logo of the Dallas StarsDAL)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial-$933,8091832515917
Change$4,019,938-101011
Final$3,086,129 (↑)17 (↓)3252 (↑)510 (↑)18 (↑)000
Jun. 11, 2022 at 12:47 a.m.
Martino is kind of the sort of guys Hughes would target from what I have read about him. Quick moving pick player with good ability. I don't really know him at all and from what I have seen on different hockey website he seen good but I have a question, is there a reason he only have 4 season of hockey ? He seen to don't have play alot of hockey game during is short carrier ? He look to have less than 200 hockey game in general at 19 year old is that enough experience ?

While Khudobin is a cap dump is that enough to cover Petry horrible contract ?

Because this is kinda the sort of trade Hughes could get for Petry a second round pick with prospect (B ?), a low pick and a bad contract in return.
Jun. 11, 2022 at 12:50 a.m.
Bruce, there it goes
Petry is not worth a 2nd, 5th and Martino, Khudobin is injured and will probably retire. Martino is a 2nd or 3rd liner at best.
Jun. 11, 2022 at 4:52 p.m.
Quoting: CanucksInPurgatory
Petry is not worth a 2nd, 5th and Martino, Khudobin is injured and will probably retire. Martino is a 2nd or 3rd liner at best.

Petry the player is worth that kind of deal, the contract is not worth it.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 8:02 p.m.

Yep, Petry is gonna get us more than that actually.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 5:18 p.m.
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
Martino is kind of the sort of guys Hughes would target from what I have read about him. Quick moving pick player with good ability. I don't really know him at all and from what I have seen on different hockey website he seen good but I have a question, is there a reason he only have 4 season of hockey ? He seen to don't have play alot of hockey game during is short carrier ? He look to have less than 200 hockey game in general at 19 year old is that enough experience ?

While Khudobin is a cap dump is that enough to cover Petry horrible contract ?

Because this is kinda the sort of trade Hughes could get for Petry a second round pick with prospect (B ?), a low pick and a bad contract in return.

Perry’s contract is not horrible. Number 2 D making 6 million.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 5:19 p.m.

Yes he is.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 6:13 p.m.
Quoting: Dom1422
Perry’s contract is not horrible. Number 2 D making 6 million.

Yeah personally I would prefer him on around 5m contract and he's not really top 2 material we have see it this year. Petry need to not be the first defensemen of a team to perform well because he don't seen to like the pressure of been #1 or #2.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 6:29 p.m.
Yeah personally I would prefer him on around 5m contract and he's not really top 2 material we have see it this year. Petry need to not be the first defensemen of a team to perform well because he don't seen to like the pressure of been #1 or #2.

In his last 40 games under St. Louis he had 25 points, a 51 point pace. We all know the issues with Ducharme and being away from his family in the first half of the season. He is the exact same player he’s been his entire time in Mtl and teams know that. There will be plenty of interest. Teams actually want him, so they’re going to pay the price to get him.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 6:36 p.m.
In his last 40 games under St. Louis he had 25 points, a 51 point pace. We all know the issues with Ducharme and being away from his family in the first half of the season. He is the exact same player he’s been his entire time in Mtl and teams know that. There will be plenty of interest. Teams actually want him, so they’re going to pay the price to get him.

I know but what I mean is that he performs better knowing that there a bigger defensemen before him exemple with Weber. When Weber was injured and would miss low amount of game Petry took the #1 spot with some good work but when Weber was missing a long period of time Petry could perform on the long term with big minutes every night.

That why I was saying Dallas or Philadelphie or Detroit would be good destination because there would be someone else before him who would be able to play against the best line/duo of other team and leave more specific time play or situation to Petry.

Dallas have heiskanen, Detroit have Seider and Philadelphie have Provorov to take the pressure and leave Petry to play at ease.
Dom1422 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 6:40 p.m.
I know but what I mean is that he performs better knowing that there a bigger defensemen before him exemple with Weber. When Weber was injured and would miss low amount of game Petry took the #1 spot with some good work but when Weber was missing a long period of time Petry could perform on the long term with big minutes every night.

That why I was saying Dallas or Philadelphie or Detroit would be good destination because there would be someone else before him who would be able to play against the best line/duo of other team and leave more specific time play or situation to Petry.

Dallas have heiskanen, Detroit have Seider and Philadelphie have Provorov to take the pressure and leave Petry to play at ease.

Yeah that’s why he’s a #2. He won’t be a teams best Dman. That’s why Dallas is a great trading partner. They have Heiskanen and will lose Klingberg this offseason. Dallas’ GM already said getting a RD is number one priority this offseason. Plus they have a good amount of cap space and have Khudobin’s contract Habs can take back.

I don’t think Philly is a good option because they have Provorov, Ellis, Sanheim and just paid Risto plus they have York waiting in the wings.
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 6:45 p.m.
Yeah that’s why he’s a #2. He won’t be a teams best Dman. That’s why Dallas is a great trading partner. They have Heiskanen and will lose Klingberg this offseason. Dallas’ GM already said getting a RD is number one priority this offseason. Plus they have a good amount of cap space and have Khudobin’s contract Habs can take back.

I don’t think Philly is a good option because they have Provorov, Ellis, Sanheim and just paid Risto plus they have York waiting in the wings.

Yeah don't see Philadelphie been a big player in the Petry trade but there was so much rumor about this team that I just included it.

Personally I think Dallas would be a good fit for both team they need a RD after the lost of Klingberg and MTL could get a good result in return. Taking a bad contract could help also and Dallas have plenty of them.
Dom1422 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 7:04 p.m.
Yeah don't see Philadelphie been a big player in the Petry trade but there was so much rumor about this team that I just included it.

Personally I think Dallas would be a good fit for both team they need a RD after the lost of Klingberg and MTL could get a good result in return. Taking a bad contract could help also and Dallas have plenty of them.

I think Dallas, Detroit, LA, Pittsburgh, Boston and Ottawa will be the teams with the most interest. Dallas, LA and Pittsburgh being the most likely destinations but Dallas ultimately getting him because it just makes the most sense with their cap space and trade assets.
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll