SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Honorable first round mentions and potential off-the-board picks

Honorable first round mentions and potential off-the-board picks

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Jun. 13, 2022 at 1:28 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The best overaged player I've seen since Rashevsky. Robertson has potential to become a lock for any team's future top 6 core as soon as 2022-23. There's no holes in his game, valued as a gifted two-way forward with great offensive prowess. I see a team like Arizona or Buffalo snagging him between the 15th to 32nd mark.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-He's a top 15 player in the class, no holes in his game apart from overall inconsistency and obviously he has cancer affecting his chances of even getting drafted. Very high chance of him not even being selected in the first or second round but I see a team like Washington, Arizona, Buffalo, or even Los Angeles taking a risk and selecting him.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-This is a player who mostly has fallen due to the rise of several players projected to be taken above him. Luneau has the tools to be a first rounder, spoiler: I have Dallas going off-the-board and selecting him. His size could give him a case to be selected in the bottom 15 mark of the first round.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-This is a very underrated player. Duda has the defensive tools to be a first round selection. Offensively, his playmaking ability is very solid. The shot is powerful but not as accurate as you would expect. Great four-way agility and mobility, very well disciplined and displays solid gap control without the puck. Spoiler: I have Toronto selecting him because they need a player with solid defensive skills.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Very interesting take here, but Nyman is a very talented power forward with a solid offensive skillset. I feel like there are a lot of teams that are in need of power forwards and/or size up front. Canadiens, Oilers, Jets are solid landing spots for Nyman. Don't want to spoil too much, but in my mock draft I have the Jets taking Nyman because most of their young forward prospects are small, Nyman can complement those forwards well.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksTrikozov has arguably the best hands in the draft. Simple as that.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Another hot take here, but I think Zhilkin's highlight-reel ability is the best in the draft. He also has exceptional 4-way agility in his own end. Defensive upside is the biggest question mark with Zhilkin however, and he shies away from being physical.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Goyette will only be selected if a team wants to overlook recency basis. Aside from the likes of Bedard and Fantilli, Goyette was Team Canada's best forward during the U18 tournament.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Hot take here, but Leinonen already has NHL-ready size and puck handling. Very good athleticism, positioning, and poise. Its like a 5% chance Leinonen gets selected in the first round, teams that could use him are Arizona, Toronto, and Edmonton.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I see this as a Joshua Roy-type pick. A guy who gets picked super late, but then has a resurgent year proving people wrong. McConnell-Barker was in my bottom 10 of the first round at the beginning of the year, but his production was inconsistent and his balance despite the 6'1'' frame is not very good.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
13Logo of the New York Islanders-
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
27Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York Rangers
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Jun. 13, 2022 at 1:34 p.m.
Where are you seeing that there's a high chance Miroshnichenko doesn't get picked in the first 2 rounds? nearly every mock I see has him in the first round, some as high as the 12 range
Jun. 13, 2022 at 4:55 p.m.
Saskoiler for now
McConnell-Barker is a Greyhound, you say? Well I can instantly think of a certain GM who is going to want to draft him then...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll