$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$766,667$766,667
G
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 15, 2022 at 6:23 p.m.
Playoff team but not a contender
Jul. 15, 2022 at 6:43 p.m.
Glep
Quoting: Hullsy09
Playoff team but not a contender

I honestly don’t know who has had the worst asset management out of Kelly mccrimmon, Kyle dubas, and kyle davidson/Stan bowman. You have your obvious contenders for bad GMs like chiarelli and Benning but as of now all three of these guys have terrible asset management. Dubas’ leafs are obviously the best out of all of these teams but the question is can a team with little depth win a cup? Signing 4 players for over half the cap doesn’t seem like a way to win a cup, just a way to score goals. Obviously the hawks GMs are two different guys with two different views on where the franchise should go but the asset management is awful. Jones for essentially 3 top 10 picks and more. Signing jones to that contract. Then bowman got fired. Armstrongs first moves are very questionable too. Trade the youth for even younger but keeping Kane and toews at the draft was highly questionable. Losing a multi time 40 goals scorer who’s 24 for 3 picks and only one in the first round is obviously a decision. Trading the 2019 3rd overall pick for the 13th pick is another weird move. And after all of this those two GMs may not even the worst in the league with mccrimmon just existing. He started off super hot after the expansion draft. Then it has been a slow decline with trading future talent in an effort to win now but now they have locked themselves up into even worse cap issues than the leafs somehow and it gets to the point where you trade a young RHD and a guy who was on pace for 40 goals last year for literally nothing. They have had the win now mentality since halfway through their first season and it has not been good because when your prospect pool is in its infancy when you start that mentality you are screwed. If they had kept suzuki, krebs, and many more, they would be a better team now but they had the mentality that short term success is better than a long term dynasty. If this team wasn’t touched after the expansion draft this could be better than it currently is. They could’ve still made that move for stone. He’s in my opinion the only good move they have made. Krebs and ohgren would both easily be the best prospects in this pool and no doubt eichel is a good player but the fact they gave up so much for him shows their lack of asset management. I’d honestly rank those three as my worst GMs in the league. Mccrimmon and dubas both fell into the trap of winning now being better than winning more in the future. Mccrimmon is easily much worse than that and he is showing it and I would say dubas made good moves in comparison to mccrimmon. And with them being two bottom 3 GMs in the league IMO that’s a terrible look for mccrimmon. It’s gonna be a long few years for vegas filled with 1st and 2nd round exits.
Duggysdanglers and migsahoy liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 7:19 p.m.
Quoting: Hurricanes73
I honestly don’t know who has had the worst asset management out of Kelly mccrimmon, Kyle dubas, and kyle davidson/Stan bowman. You have your obvious contenders for bad GMs like chiarelli and Benning but as of now all three of these guys have terrible asset management. Dubas’ leafs are obviously the best out of all of these teams but the question is can a team with little depth win a cup? Signing 4 players for over half the cap doesn’t seem like a way to win a cup, just a way to score goals. Obviously the hawks GMs are two different guys with two different views on where the franchise should go but the asset management is awful. Jones for essentially 3 top 10 picks and more. Signing jones to that contract. Then bowman got fired. Armstrongs first moves are very questionable too. Trade the youth for even younger but keeping Kane and toews at the draft was highly questionable. Losing a multi time 40 goals scorer who’s 24 for 3 picks and only one in the first round is obviously a decision. Trading the 2019 3rd overall pick for the 13th pick is another weird move. And after all of this those two GMs may not even the worst in the league with mccrimmon just existing. He started off super hot after the expansion draft. Then it has been a slow decline with trading future talent in an effort to win now but now they have locked themselves up into even worse cap issues than the leafs somehow and it gets to the point where you trade a young RHD and a guy who was on pace for 40 goals last year for literally nothing. They have had the win now mentality since halfway through their first season and it has not been good because when your prospect pool is in its infancy when you start that mentality you are screwed. If they had kept suzuki, krebs, and many more, they would be a better team now but they had the mentality that short term success is better than a long term dynasty. If this team wasn’t touched after the expansion draft this could be better than it currently is. They could’ve still made that move for stone. He’s in my opinion the only good move they have made. Krebs and ohgren would both easily be the best prospects in this pool and no doubt eichel is a good player but the fact they gave up so much for him shows their lack of asset management. I’d honestly rank those three as my worst GMs in the league. Mccrimmon and dubas both fell into the trap of winning now being better than winning more in the future. Mccrimmon is easily much worse than that and he is showing it and I would say dubas made good moves in comparison to mccrimmon. And with them being two bottom 3 GMs in the league IMO that’s a terrible look for mccrimmon. It’s gonna be a long few years for vegas filled with 1st and 2nd round exits.

yeah these last few playoff exits made me realize we're more of a team built for the regular season instead of the playoffs, save for our first and second year rosters
Cardiak liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 11:23 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I would've found Martinez a new home and bought out Brossoit instead of giving away Pacioretty, what a dumb move, the signing of Martinez was a mistake to start with.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 11:26 p.m.
Glep
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I would've found Martinez a new home and bought out Brossoit instead of giving away Pacioretty, what a dumb move, the signing of Martinez was a mistake to start with.

I got no complaints from the pacioretty move. If I was a fan of any other team in the metro I would have complaints tho
MisstheWhalers liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll