SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

AGM Cap Retention Tool

Jul. 15, 2022 at 6:51 p.m.
In armchair GM, I'm trying to make trades with cap retention, but for the life of me cannot get it to work. There's something in the formatting I'm sure I am missing. Can anyone explain it to me, step-by-step, like I'm five years old? Thanks!
Jul. 15, 2022 at 7:28 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: ahalvy39
In armchair GM, I'm trying to make trades with cap retention, but for the life of me cannot get it to work. There's something in the formatting I'm sure I am missing. Can anyone explain it to me, step-by-step, like I'm five years old? Thanks!

You press on the player you want to acquire
Then when it's in that box, there's a little + next to it
Press it, and add how much retention you want to put
Hope that helped!
Jul. 15, 2022 at 7:41 p.m.
Thanks for the reply! So I've got that part... But when I try to do it, it never works correctly. I've tried formatting the numbers different ways - with and without the dollar sign; with and without parentheses - and it never works correctly. Often, when I input the retention number, the "Change" and "Final Caphit" on the left side of the page show: "$NaN." In one trade, I tried retaining 4,000,000, and it only retained 4 dollars. I'm stumped! I'm not sure how to format it exactly to come out right. I have to be missing something obvious.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 9:15 a.m.
Thanks for the reply! So I've got that part... But when I try to do it, it never works correctly. I've tried formatting the numbers different ways - with and without the dollar sign; with and without parentheses - and it never works correctly. Often, when I input the retention number, the "Change" and "Final Caphit" on the left side of the page show: "$NaN." In one trade, I tried retaining 4,000,000, and it only retained 4 dollars. I'm stumped! I'm not sure how to format it exactly to come out right. I have to be missing something obvious.

I'm having the exact same problem. Cannot get salary retention to work in a trade at all.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:03 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM

Quoting: InRodWeTrust
I'm having the exact same problem. Cannot get salary retention to work in a trade at all.

maybe its because of the commas? instead of doing 4,000,000 do 4000000
InRodWeTrust liked this.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.
Quoting: Zuki9797
maybe its because of the commas? instead of doing 4,000,000 do 4000000

That worked! Problem solved. Kudos to you, mister Zuki9797...
zk97 liked this.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 10:33 p.m.
Dude.... not putting the commas worked. I can't believe I didn't try that already - I'm dumb! But I'm happy I got it working now. Thanks so much for the tip!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll