SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Kylington for Necas

Created by: Lunatik
Published: Jul. 26, 2022 at 10:09 a.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 186/186 (100%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kylington, OliverCalgary FlamesNHL-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Necas, MartinCarolina HurricanesNHL-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$9,300,000203965458
Change$0000000
Final$9,300,000203965458000

Logo of the Carolina HurricanesCarolina Hurricanes

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Necas, MartinCarolina HurricanesNHL-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kylington, OliverCalgary FlamesNHL-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$4,083,0831939723713
Change$0000000
Final$4,083,0831939723713000
Jul. 26, 2022 at 11:06 a.m.
Would rather keep Necas
MrMoose liked this.
Jul. 26, 2022 at 11:43 a.m.
Necas is such a better player it makes no sense for Carolina, maybe throw in a first or second with Kylington
Jul. 26, 2022 at 7:54 p.m.
Quoting: MrMoose
Necas is such a better player it makes no sense for Carolina, maybe throw in a first or second with Kylington

I think you are massively underrating Kylington, he's a 25 year old top 4 puck moving defenseman, who is one of the better skaters in the NHL. Maybe Necas has a little more value, but on no planet is the difference a 1st or 2nd.
Jul. 26, 2022 at 8:08 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Quoting: Lunatik
I think you are massively underrating Kylington, he's a 25 year old top 4 puck moving defenseman, who is one of the better skaters in the NHL. Maybe Necas has a little more value, but on no planet is the difference a 1st or 2nd.

Let me pose this to you in a different light. Why would the Canes trade their best potential trade chip, for a guy who would be spending the season as 3LD. I don’t doubt Kylington’s potential, but in no way, shape, or form does he beat out either of Slavin or Skjei at LD, and he isn’t beating out Burns or Pesce at RD. Kylington hasn’t exactly shown enough to warrant giving up a big trade chip to acquire. The Canes aren’t going to be trading Necas just so that they can stack their 3rd pairing. The Canes can go out and trade for Soucy with half retention, run Gardiner, or even bring someone up out of Chicago to play 3LD. Now, if the Flames are going to shop Huberdeau, the Canes would definitely be interested in him. Necas could definitely be a trade chip in a deal with Huberdeau.
Jul. 26, 2022 at 8:12 p.m.
Quoting: evelutions2
Let me pose this to you in a different light. Why would the Canes trade their best potential trade chip, for a guy who would be spending the season as 3LD. I don’t doubt Kylington’s potential, but in no way, shape, or form does he beat out either of Slavin or Skjei at LD, and he isn’t beating out Burns or Pesce at RD. Kylington hasn’t exactly shown enough to warrant giving up a big trade chip to acquire. The Canes aren’t going to be trading Necas just so that they can stack their 3rd pairing. The Canes can go out and trade for Soucy with half retention, run Gardiner, or even bring someone up out of Chicago to play 3LD. Now, if the Flames are going to shop Huberdeau, the Canes would definitely be interested in him. Necas could definitely be a trade chip in a deal with Huberdeau.

A response like this I am good with, it's logical and well thought out. Thank you.

I'm personally a believer in having 5 top 4 defensemen if possible, because you never know when injuries will occur.
evelutions2 liked this.
Jul. 26, 2022 at 8:20 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
A response like this I am good with, it's logical and well thought out. Thank you.

I'm personally a believer in having 5 top 4 defensemen if possible, because you never know when injuries will occur.

I mean that’s understandable, but it will definitely take away from other parts of the team, whether it’s the forward core or the goalie tandem. A great example would be Tampa. Their core of Hedman, McDonagh, Rutta, Cernak, and Sergachev was really good, but it cost them higher quality depth forwards and a backup goalie. It’s a great strategy, but it can be quite impractical.
Lunatik liked this.
Jul. 28, 2022 at 11:43 p.m.

I did overstate with a second or first but I still think Necas is the much better player. We’re talking about a dominant top 6-9 player on a team that has been contending for the last 2-3 years. His ability to drive the play is a talent you don’t see a lot in the league. I definitely don’t watch Calgary enough to critic Kylington but I don’t think he would have the same impact Necas has had on Canes.
Aug. 3, 2022 at 2:07 p.m.
Quoting: MrMoose
I did overstate with a second or first but I still think Necas is the much better player. We’re talking about a dominant top 6-9 player on a team that has been contending for the last 2-3 years. His ability to drive the play is a talent you don’t see a lot in the league. I definitely don’t watch Calgary enough to critic Kylington but I don’t think he would have the same impact Necas has had on Canes.

So dominant that many Canes fans wanted a 2C because they didn't trust Necas there.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll