SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Kadri Walks

Jul. 27, 2022 at 4:59 p.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s
JT will be a cheaper 2C rental than being able to re-sign Kadri, and I can tell you didn't put very much thought into what you just said. Girard, Olausson, and their 2023 1sts are HARDLY the Avs three best assets. I would imagine their 3 best assets are MacKinnon, Makar, and either Rantanen/Toews

Olausson and 23 first are their best assets not in the NHL! Girard is a down the road trade asset... The Avs are never going to trade mackinnion, makar, Byram, mikko, landy,nuke, Lehkonen, and probably not Toews....

Out of the remotely possible trade assets Girard, Olausson and 23 first are the Avs best realistic trade assets....

You think JT Miller is Connor McDavid it seems!
Jul. 27, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: DavidNola985
Olausson and 23 first are their best assets not in the NHL! Girard is a down the road trade asset... The Avs are never going to trade mackinnion, makar, Byram, mikko, landy,nuke, Lehkonen, and probably not Toews....

Out of the remotely possible trade assets Girard, Olausson and 23 first are the Avs best realistic trade assets....

You think JT Miller is Connor McDavid it seems!

No, I think somebody has been having themselves one too many beers
Jul. 27, 2022 at 5:02 p.m.
I never said they would extend Miller long term FFS. What's the matter with you Avs fans? You guys get butthurt over every little thing, almost as bad as Rangers fans

THAT IS MY POINT! Avalanche will not trade their 3 best realistic trade assets for a 1 year rental to be back in the same spot next year just without their 3 best trade assets.... I don't see where this isn't hard to understand or see the Avalanche point of view on this!
Jul. 27, 2022 at 5:09 p.m.
Banned
THAT IS MY POINT! Avalanche will not trade their 3 best realistic trade assets for a 1 year rental to be back in the same spot next year just without their 3 best trade assets.... I don't see where this isn't hard to understand or see the Avalanche point of view on this!

Again, the Avalanche are trying to win NOW, not down the road, they've already committed to moving future assets to bolster their lineup in the here and now. A player the caliber of Miller is most definitely gonna cost the Avs 3 best available trade assets, just the way it is. Who is gonna be the AVs 2C next season? Newhook? Cause I'm not sure he's ready
Jul. 27, 2022 at 5:10 p.m.
Looking at your other trade ideas it's very clear YOU are the one over valuing JT Miller! Dude had 1 good year and is a 1 year rental with zero to 10% chance at any resigning possibility!
JT Miller for 1 23 first is unlikely. MILLER likely gets moved at deadline for a 2nd and 5th...
Jul. 27, 2022 at 5:17 p.m.
Again, the Avalanche are trying to win NOW, not down the road, they've already committed to moving future assets to bolster their lineup in the here and now. A player the caliber of Miller is most definitely gonna cost the Avs 3 best available trade assets, just the way it is. Who is gonna be the AVs 2C next season? Newhook? Cause I'm not sure he's ready

Avs have multiple options could play mikko at 2C like he played in playoffs with Kadri out. Jt Compher could play 2C until Newhook is ready...
My guess is at the trade deadline Avs will make a move for a 2C for playoff push, no reason to trade 3 assets now when you trade at most 23 first for a 2C at deadline and give Newhook a shot playing with Landy and Lehkonen on his wing.... First half of season will be to tryout Newhook at 2C unless something unexpectedly pops open in trade market...

Could also see Evan Rodrigues get signed for a 1 year deal.
Jul. 27, 2022 at 5:19 p.m.
Banned
Avs have multiple options could play mikko at 2C like he played in playoffs with Kadri out. Jt Compher could play 2C until Newhook is ready...
My guess is at the trade deadline Avs will make a move for a 2C for playoff push, no reason to trade 3 assets now when you trade at most 23 first for a 2C at deadline and give Newhook a shot playing with Landy and Lehkonen on his wing.... First half of season will be to tryout Newhook at 2C unless something unexpectedly pops open in trade market...

Could also see Evan Rodrigues get signed for a 1 year deal.

LMFAO, Compher CANNOT play the 2C position, he's simply not good enough. The Avs don't seem to have subscribed to the idea of playing Rantanen as the 2C next season yet, so until they do, I'm not gonna change my stance
Jul. 27, 2022 at 8:26 p.m.
Banned
Looking at your other trade ideas it's very clear YOU are the one over valuing JT Miller! Dude had 1 good year and is a 1 year rental with zero to 10% chance at any resigning possibility!
JT Miller for 1 23 first is unlikely. MILLER likely gets moved at deadline for a 2nd and 5th...

Your take is dumber if you think JT gets moved for less than a 1st and a good prospect. He's still monumentally valuable as just a rental
Jul. 27, 2022 at 10:36 p.m.
Canucks sorta homer
Canucks probably have to add a tiny bit more to justify what potentially is a rental. But almost ensures back to back finals.
Jul. 27, 2022 at 10:50 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Hitagi_Senpai
Canucks probably have to add a tiny bit more to justify what potentially is a rental. But almost ensures back to back finals.

Considering Girard still has quite a bit of term left, I don't think I'd mind too much. My initial idea was the Avs 2023 1st, Matthew Stienburg, and Oskar Olausson for Miller (50% retained), but I'm not sure if that would be enough. I figured I wouldn't touch Byram or Newhook this time round
Hitagi_Senpai liked this.
Jul. 28, 2022 at 12:57 a.m.
Is there really that much uncertainty once Girard's cap is unloaded, and presuming Miller is only a rental?

I say the uncertainty because Byram was seriously considering retirement and if Mackinnon leaves in FA those are two huge holes. Sammy G is a great top four defenseman who has proven with his iron man streak he can be a solid guy with higher upside like kimmo timmonen to me. Sakic/Mcfarland dont seem like they really like the idea of straight rentals either. I like where youre head is at my friend but if were trading for a 2c id rather a younger guy we can sign to a reasonable contract. This is a good topic though thats sparked a bunch of conversation, the same type of conversation that goes on behind closed doors in every front office. You seem pretty pragmatic so ill give you that but if were trading Girard id rather go after a guy like Byfield or someone like that. ( I know hes off limits im just saying that type of young growing player) cheers
Jul. 28, 2022 at 3:46 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: IceToMeetYou37
I say the uncertainty because Byram was seriously considering retirement and if Mackinnon leaves in FA those are two huge holes. Sammy G is a great top four defenseman who has proven with his iron man streak he can be a solid guy with higher upside like kimmo timmonen to me. Sakic/Mcfarland dont seem like they really like the idea of straight rentals either. I like where youre head is at my friend but if were trading for a 2c id rather a younger guy we can sign to a reasonable contract. This is a good topic though thats sparked a bunch of conversation, the same type of conversation that goes on behind closed doors in every front office. You seem pretty pragmatic so ill give you that but if were trading Girard id rather go after a guy like Byfield or someone like that. ( I know hes off limits im just saying that type of young growing player) cheers

MacKinnon ain't walking in free agency, a deal will get done with him, I'm sure of it. I don't see Girard ever being quite the same mold as Timonen, considering the size difference between the two

And how can you say Sakic and McFarland aren't keen on rentals after they traded for Kuemper?
Jul. 28, 2022 at 12:38 p.m.
MacKinnon ain't walking in free agency, a deal will get done with him, I'm sure of it. I don't see Girard ever being quite the same mold as Timonen, considering the size difference between the two

And how can you say Sakic and McFarland aren't keen on rentals after they traded for Kuemper?

Girard and Timonen are the same height.... Ill believe the Mackinnon contract when its signed even if its hopeful. Thats one trade out of every trade they've made. Literally signed everyone else and tried to sign him but he followed the money. Should I name every other trade that wasnt a rental? Even look at the deadline deals and whos still here...
Jul. 28, 2022 at 3:40 p.m.
Banned
Girard and Timonen are the same height.... Ill believe the Mackinnon contract when its signed even if its hopeful. Thats one trade out of every trade they've made. Literally signed everyone else and tried to sign him but he followed the money. Should I name every other trade that wasnt a rental? Even look at the deadline deals and whos still here...

Considering Kuemper was the team's starting goalie last year, I felt it was worth pointing out. There are rumors that MacKinnon is willing to take another team friendly deal. Obviously it will still be a pay hike above his 6.3M cap hit
Jul. 28, 2022 at 5:25 p.m.
Considering Kuemper was the team's starting goalie last year, I felt it was worth pointing out. There are rumors that MacKinnon is willing to take another team friendly deal. Obviously it will still be a pay hike above his 6.3M cap hit

Yeh, he's been talking about taking that team-friendly deal but his agent is Pat Brisson which does make me a bit nervous. Hopefully, his best buddy Crosby has instilled in him that a team-friendly deal is worth it in the long run. My hope is a Jonathon Toews contract of 8 years and 10.5 per year. I think Sakic and company learned their lesson which is why we went after Georgiev, especially considering Avs don't have much draft capital left. Trading another first-round pick could be detrimental long-term and might make us look like the 2003 Avs with literally no prospects in the "cupboard"
Jul. 28, 2022 at 5:33 p.m.
Banned
Yeh, he's been talking about taking that team-friendly deal but his agent is Pat Brisson which does make me a bit nervous. Hopefully, his best buddy Crosby has instilled in him that a team-friendly deal is worth it in the long run. My hope is a Jonathon Toews contract of 8 years and 10.5 per year. I think Sakic and company learned their lesson which is why we went after Georgiev, especially considering Avs don't have much draft capital left. Trading another first-round pick could be detrimental long-term and might make us look like the 2003 Avs with literally no prospects in the "cupboard"

The Jonathan Toews contract would be something I'd be comfortable with if I'm an Avs fan, and can't be afraid to mortgage the future when you're in your contention window
Jul. 28, 2022 at 7:45 p.m.
The Jonathan Toews contract would be something I'd be comfortable with if I'm an Avs fan, and can't be afraid to mortgage the future when you're in your contention window

I do love some Jonathon Toews but I don't know if he has enough left in the tank to be a full-time 2C on a contending team. I think Sakic and company look at how Tampa Bay did it after their first cup, try to keep the team together as long as possible. Keeps the locker room happy as well. Time will tell though
Jul. 28, 2022 at 7:57 p.m.
Banned
I do love some Jonathon Toews but I don't know if he has enough left in the tank to be a full-time 2C on a contending team. I think Sakic and company look at how Tampa Bay did it after their first cup, try to keep the team together as long as possible. Keeps the locker room happy as well. Time will tell though

Brisebois gave Nick Paul a 7 year deal

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll