SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Most Overrated NHL Players

May 18, 2017 at 11:37 p.m.
Who's the most overrated NHL player? Personally, I find Alexi Emelin and Kevin Shattinkerk to be quite overrated, but I'm sure there are worse and more overrated players
May 18, 2017 at 11:57 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Landeskog
Byfuglien (number 1 for me)
Gardiner
Brendan Smith
Trouba
Duchene
Evander Kane
Patrick Kane
Erik Karlsson
Just the main ones for me.
May 18, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Landeskog
Gardiner
Brendan Smith
Trouba
Duchene

Part of me wants to hear how in this world you think Gardiner and Trouba are overrated, yet knowing you, Im better off not hearing your argument, if there is one that is
ErikJohannsen liked this.
May 19, 2017 at 12:00 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Landeskog
Gardiner
Brendan Smith
Trouba
Duchene

Part of me wants to hear how in this world you think Gardiner and Trouba are overrated, yet knowing you, Im better off not hearing your argument, if there is one that is

Gardiner - Gives the puck away too much.
Trouba - Sure, he's a really good player, but i think people are getting a little ... not sure what the word would be, saying he's like, top 10 defensemen in the league.
May 19, 2017 at 12:05 a.m.

Trouba - Sure, he's a really good player, but i think people are getting a little ... not sure what the word would be, saying he's like, top 10 defensemen in the league.

Who ever said Trouba is a top 10 dman? I've never heard anyone say that. While I do think he is something special, he isn't a top 10 dman yet. Not sure who you're referring to there. As for Gardiner, he doesn't give the puck away, his game has flourished under Babcock. He is a legit top 4 dman who is vital to the Leafs. Wouldn't say he's overrated by any means, I think lots would agree with me on that
May 19, 2017 at 12:09 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Who ever said Trouba is a top 10 dman? I've never heard anyone say that. While I do think he is something special, he isn't a top 10 dman yet. Not sure who you're referring to there. As for Gardiner, he doesn't give the puck away, his game has flourished under Babcock. He is a legit top 4 dman who is vital to the Leafs. Wouldn't say he's overrated by any means, I think lots would agree with me on that

Some people think Trouba is better than Doughty, and i think Doughty is better than any other NHL defenseman.
May 19, 2017 at 12:12 a.m.

Some people think Trouba is better than Doughty, and i think Doughty is better than any other NHL defenseman.

Who said Trouba is better than Doughty, I would like to know please and thank you
May 19, 2017 at 12:22 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Who said Trouba is better than Doughty, I would like to know please and thank you

I have no idea what their name is. Forget where i saw it. It was on CapFriendly.
May 19, 2017 at 12:27 a.m.

I have no idea what their name is. Forget where i saw it. It was on CapFriendly.

Well then that guy is crazy. Trouba isn't better than Doughty, no clue where he got that from
May 19, 2017 at 2:14 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Well then that guy is crazy. Trouba isn't better than Doughty, no clue where he got that from

okay
May 19, 2017 at 8:15 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
I get frustrated when rangersislanders speaks lol.

Landeskog- one bad year doesn't shape your career. He is a 60-70 Point power forward. Cant find that much anymore.
Bfyglien- One of the best hitters in the league with an offensive touch to him.
Gardiner- After watching most leafs games I will agree he is bad at giving up the puck, but if anything no one overrates him. Everyone goes to hard on him and believes that is his only part of his game. Meanwhile he was over a +20 with over 40 Points and Corsi shows he is great in his own end.
Smith- Great trade by rangers. One of their better D in the playoffs
Trouba- Lots of upside to his game. He has shown sparks of it this season already.
Duchene- Same as landeskog. One bad year doesn't reflect your career. One of the best skaters in the league and can move the puck well
Karlsson-.........Don't ever say hes overrated. Ever. Best defenseman in the league by far. Reason why Ottawa is still in it.
May 19, 2017 at 11:32 a.m.
Edited May 19, 2017 at 12:35 p.m.
Deleted
May 19, 2017 at 12:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93

Landeskog- one bad year doesn't shape your career. He is a 60-70 Point power forward. Cant find that much anymore.
Gardiner- After watching most leafs games I will agree he is bad at giving up the puck, but if anything no one overrates him. Everyone goes to hard on him and believes that is his only part of his game. Meanwhile he was over a +20 with over 40 Points and Corsi shows he is great in his own end.
Trouba- Lots of upside to his game. He has shown sparks of it this season already.
Duchene- Same as landeskog. One bad year doesn't reflect your career. One of the best skaters in the league and can move the puck well
Karlsson-.........Don't ever say hes overrated. Ever. Best defenseman in the league by far. Reason why Ottawa is still in it.

Landeskog - I haven't even thought of him as this kind of player before this year. And then why does everyone think Soderberg is a lower line player after one bad year?
Byfuglien - I really don't see him do much more than hitting.
Gardiner - He always waits behind the net with the puck before giving it to a guy on the other team.
Smith - Kept losing the puck in the playoffs.
Trouba - Some people think he's like, better than Doughty and i've seen this trade idea before: Trouba for McDonagh. But like, better than Doughty? I think he's a really good player, i just don't think he's better than Doughty.
Duchene - Same with Landeskog.
Karlsson - Yes, i think he's one of the best defensemen in the league. The only reason i think he's overrated is because a lot of people think he's the number 1 best defenseman in the league ... i think Doughty is.
May 19, 2017 at 12:31 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan

Landeskog - I haven't even thought of him as this kind of player before this year. And then why does everyone think Soderberg is a lower line player after one bad year?
Gardiner - He always waits behind the net with the puck before giving it to a guy on the other team.
Trouba - Some people think he's like, better than Doughty and i've seen this trade idea before: Trouba for McDonagh. But like, better than Doughty? I think he's a really good player, i just don't think he's better than Doughty.
Karlsson - Yes, i think he's one of the best defensemen in the league. The only reason i think he's overrated is because a lot of people think he's the number 1 best defenseman in the league ... i think Doughty is.

There is a big difference between soderberg and landeskog lol
Doughty is the only D in the league that can compete with karlsson ill agree with, but that doesn't make him overrated.
Gardiner has many great qualities to his game. As much as I hate how much he gives up the puck he is still a great 3D
Smith was great in the 1st round. No D on NYR was good in the 2nd round.
Ive never heard anyway say trouba is better than dougty
May 19, 2017 at 12:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Doughty is the only D in the league that can compete with karlsson ill agree with, but that doesn't make him overrated.
Gardiner has many great qualities to his game. As much as I hate how much he gives up the puck he is still a great 3D

I've seen people say they think Trouba is better than Doughty, which makes no sense to me.
Smith was moving the puck at least, but he would take the puck, move it into the other zone, and give it to a guy on the other team the whole playoff.
What's the difference between Landeskog and Soderberg? They both just had bad years.
May 19, 2017 at 12:36 p.m.

I've seen people say they think Trouba is better than Doughty, which makes no sense to me.
Smith was moving the puck at least, but he would take the puck, move it into the other zone, and give it to a guy on the other team the whole playoff.
What's the difference between Landeskog and Soderberg? They both just had bad years.

My head is throbbing
May 19, 2017 at 12:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

My head is throbbing

Seriously, are you saying Landeskog just had a bad year and Soderberg didn't?
May 19, 2017 at 12:47 p.m.

My head is throbbing

The fact that you're comparing Soderberg and Landeskog sickens me. Completely
May 19, 2017 at 12:47 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

What's wrong with comparing the 2 of them?
May 19, 2017 at 12:59 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan

Carl Soderberg at his ultra very best is a 2nd liner. Landeskog is an amazing power forward. Usually a 65-70 Point player. Soderberg at best is 50-55
May 19, 2017 at 1:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Carl Soderberg at his ultra very best is a 2nd liner. Landeskog is an amazing power forward. Usually a 65-70 Point player. Soderberg at best is 50-55

Landeskog got 65 points once. once.
May 19, 2017 at 1:58 p.m.

He plays for Colorado. You should know what a Colorado is like, the Islanders team that you have is just like them
May 19, 2017 at 2:07 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

He plays for Colorado. You should know what a Colorado is like, the Islanders team that you have is just like them

Then why do you think Soderberg is so bad?
May 19, 2017 at 2:17 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan

That's an insult to Colorado.
nobody liked this.
May 19, 2017 at 2:18 p.m.
Quoting: Zach

That's an insult to Colorado.

You stole my punchline laugh
Zach liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll