SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Should Caps Trade Ovi?

Should Capitals Trade Ovechkin?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 20, 2017 at 7:24 a.m.
MAJorMike
If Yes, then who would you trade him to?
May 20, 2017 at 7:25 a.m.
MAJorMike
with Orpik
to
NJ Devils for Nolan Patrick, Michael McLeod, and Kyle Palmieri
May 20, 2017 at 1:06 p.m.
Not sure if they can really trade him, that cap hit is crazy
May 20, 2017 at 1:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I say no. It just doesn't make any sense to me why they would. I think they go for the cup another year.
May 20, 2017 at 5:50 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
As a die hard Caps fan, I think that trading him would be a good idea only if we got another star player who is younger for him. But nobody is going to be able to give that up, so he won't go anywhere. No team that can wants him and can take on his cap hit won't give us anywhere near fair value, even if the money is even on both sides. It's just not realistic
May 20, 2017 at 7:44 p.m.
MAJorMike
Quoting: krakowitz
As a die hard Caps fan, I think that trading him would be a good idea only if we got another star player who is younger for him. But nobody is going to be able to give that up, so he won't go anywhere. No team that can wants him and can take on his cap hit won't give us anywhere near fair value, even if the money is even on both sides. It's just not realistic

I agree with you. I am a strong believer in the organization, but I think we have to trade him while he still has value. It's not looking good for us to hold onto him, plus I think now is the best time to get him out. I understand how we wouldn't get value near to him, but we can get numerous pieces and young ones at that (that is the only way, because we won't have a match in money). This is our best bet to move forward, in my opinion.
May 30, 2017 at 2:36 p.m.
MAJorMike
Possibly with Canadiens?
May 30, 2017 at 5:22 p.m.
Habs fan French
Quoting: MAJoiner
Possibly with Canadiens?

For what ?
May 30, 2017 at 7:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: plNHL
Possibly with Canadiens?

For what ?

If he got traded to the Canadiens it would probably cost ... he won't, the Canadiens don't have what they'd want. If he gets traded it's to a team who actually has what they'd want.
May 31, 2017 at 1:20 p.m.
Oh Canada
Possibly with Canadiens?

For Weber lol
May 31, 2017 at 1:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: gojetsgo
Possibly with Canadiens?

For Weber lol

Weber is not going to pick up Ovi if you ask me.
May 31, 2017 at 3:23 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Ovechkin is in the same boat as Giroux. Star players on teams with patience running thin. Chances are, like Giroux, Washington keeps Ovechkin for this coming season, waits and sees what happens, and then trades him or keeps him.

But seriously guys, let's be realistic hear, Washington would want a star player, plus, picks, and prospects for Ovechkin. Which team is going to sacrifice all that for the age and salary of Ovechkin? Trades not happening, even if Washington wanted to happen.
May 31, 2017 at 3:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DarylthePony
Ovechkin is in the same boat as Giroux. Star players on teams with patience running thin. Chances are, like Giroux, Washington keeps Ovechkin for this coming season, waits and sees what happens, and then trades him or keeps him.

But seriously guys, let's be realistic hear, Washington would want a star player, plus, picks, and prospects for Ovechkin. Which team is going to sacrifice all that for the age and salary of Ovechkin? Trades not happening, even if Washington wanted to happen.

Well Ovechkin is one of the top 10 players in the league i think. To tell the truth i think he might have just had the best season of his career.
May 31, 2017 at 4:29 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Well Ovechkin is one of the top 10 players in the league i think. To tell the truth i think he might have just had the best season of his career.

Okay, but he's on the wrong side of 30. No team is going to sacrifice their future for two or three remains elite seasons from Ovechkin.
May 31, 2017 at 6:27 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Okay, but he's on the wrong side of 30. No team is going to sacrifice their future for two or three remains elite seasons from Ovechkin.

Fair enough, but i still don't think Washington is going to give him up.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit