$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 8, 2022 at 1:51 p.m.
Quoting: Cardiac
This is super fair for the leafs wdym. Marner is mid without Matthew’s and Seth jones can lock down the D for years on years. Clearly you don’t watch hockey and have hometown bias. SMH

No, this is terrible for the Leafs, Mitch Marner is incredible no matter who he plays with, literally every center he's played with has had career years with him on their wing (save till kadri this year). He's one of the best, if not the best play maker in the league. Seth Jones is not good, he's had like one good season in the past 4 and his contract is an absolute anchor. Clearly you dont watch hockey and have a non-hometwon bias
Aug. 8, 2022 at 1:59 p.m.
Quoting: jhebert76
not sure where you get these numbers.... PLD would never get that kind of offer....If Jones finds his form after a bad season he will be worth every penny... Tavares will perform better on the wing his last couple of years and PLD can help at C

PLD will want that from TOR, if he's not getting paid like a 1C why would he sign in TOR? He said he will test FA in 2-years. Do you think he will only have 60pts as he develops and just the fact that he will be playing in Toronto with Matthews? It's either he will command a lot or they lose the trade, either way he'll probably be off the team in two years. 7m would be a discount (or overpay) and he would probably only take that in MTL.
Aug. 8, 2022 at 2:07 p.m.
Quoting: GMBL
PLD will want that from TOR, if he's not getting paid like a 1C why would he sign in TOR? He said he will test FA in 2-years. Do you think he will only have 60pts as he develops and just the fact that he will be playing in Toronto with Matthews? It's either he will command a lot or they lose the trade, either way he'll probably be off the team in two years. 7m would be a discount (or overpay) and he would probably only take that in MTL.

i suppose my answer to your question is...which team values him as a number one C? To me, his comparables are Norris and Suzuki.... they both make under 8M.
at 9.5M your looking at 100pt players. If Dubois becomes 100pt player, it seems like you won that trade by a landslide so what is the issue?
Aug. 8, 2022 at 2:09 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
You want quality in JT Miller? Expect to give up quality, not leftovers you don’t want
Aug. 8, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
Quoting: Juiceman
You want quality in JT Miller? Expect to give up quality, not leftovers you don’t want

Buddy the leafs fans are screaming at me for what i gave up and now the canucks fans think its not enough?
lolool
Aug. 8, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Buddy the leafs fans are screaming at me for what i gave up and now the canucks fans think its not enough?
lolool

Yeah because the first two trades are awful for the Leafs and the last trade is awful for Vancouver.
Aug. 8, 2022 at 2:15 p.m.
Yeah because the first two trades are awful for the Leafs and the last trade is awful for Vancouver.

4 assets for an expiring contract (including a roster player, prospect a 1st and a 2nd)
keep smoking the good ****
Aug. 8, 2022 at 2:17 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
4 assets for an expiring contract (including a roster player, prospect a 1st and a 2nd)
keep smoking the good ****

You’re forgetting, Kerfoot is also an expiring contract. That prospect sucks, is never going to become an effective NHL player, likely AHL or depth forward. Those picks don’t make up for lost value. Do some research
Aug. 8, 2022 at 2:19 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
No, this is terrible for the Leafs, Mitch Marner is incredible no matter who he plays with, literally every center he's played with has had career years with him on their wing (save till kadri this year). He's one of the best, if not the best play maker in the league. Seth Jones is not good, he's had like one good season in the past 4 and his contract is an absolute anchor. Clearly you dont watch hockey and have a non-hometwon bias

1) you are wrong. Marner is a product of Matthew’s. You could put anybody on Matthew’s wing and they would score 100 points. If your center is the best goal scorer, all you have to do is get it to him and find him in open ice. Matthew’s without in games marner is over PPG with 33 on 26. Marner without matthews posted 41 points in 51 games. Clearly one needs the other to produce and marner is MID without matthews. When he isn’t playing with Matthew’s he is playing with Tavares or nylander and they also carry him too. Because he has always played with players better than him, he has had his value inflated heavily. Put him on that chicago team and he pots maybe 50 points. Matthew’s on that chicago team pots 50 goals.

2) seth jones is one of the best defenseman in the NHL. He received norris votes. If that doesn’t say one of the best defenseman I don’t know what does. Jones received more votes than rielly did for the Norris. If that doesn’t say he is one of the best defenseman I don’t know what does. He also lead the league in TOI. Did Reilly do that? No he was 22nd. If jones was so bad, why is he playing more than Reilly and getting recognized for better play.

3) I do watch hockey and if you did you would agree with me. And WTF is non hometown bias? Bias against teams and players who don’t play for your team? That’s hometown bias. You’re wording it terribly and clearly if you were intelligent about hockey and just intelligent in general, you would see I am right and you are wrong. I am coming from a third party standpoint and here the leafs are winning every trade. You are wrong and don’t watch hockey unless it’s a highlight reel and you get your opinions from that.
jhebert76 liked this.
Aug. 8, 2022 at 2:24 p.m.
You’re forgetting, Kerfoot is also an expiring contract. That prospect sucks, is never going to become an effective NHL player, likely AHL or depth forward. Those picks don’t make up for lost value. Do some research

it will be very amusing to me when Miller is traded at the deadline for a 1st from a contending team at 50% retention
Aug. 8, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
it will be very amusing to me when Miller is traded at the deadline for a 1st from a contending team at 50% retention

Coming from the team that PAYED a first for 10 games or Nick Foligno. I’ll be laughing when the Leafs use their first to dump another bad contract or to trade for another depth player
Aug. 8, 2022 at 7:10 p.m.
i suppose my answer to your question is...which team values him as a number one C? To me, his comparables are Norris and Suzuki.... they both make under 8M.
at 9.5M your looking at 100pt players. If Dubois becomes 100pt player, it seems like you won that trade by a landslide so what is the issue?

All Dubois has to his game at this time is offense, so he's no will value him as a number one but if he's getting 80pts and develops as a 200-ft C in those two years, he's going to be valued as a 1C. Now if he's not any of that he'll probably take 7m even with Toronto but why would they want him to just do a scoring winger's job? The only way they sign Dubois for less than Nylander is if Nylander is a 10m+ guy or Dubois is hardly a 2C. Would be better off converting Nylander to a C, than paying up for Dubois just to play him wing or be a 3C/top 6 winger. In short, either Dubois grows into a 1C and commands big money or he stays worse than Nylander and the Leafs also give the Jets Robertson for free. The whole point of the trade according to what you said was to save money, no?
Aug. 9, 2022 at 8:08 a.m.
Quoting: GMBL
All Dubois has to his game at this time is offense, so he's no will value him as a number one but if he's getting 80pts and develops as a 200-ft C in those two years, he's going to be valued as a 1C. Now if he's not any of that he'll probably take 7m even with Toronto but why would they want him to just do a scoring winger's job? The only way they sign Dubois for less than Nylander is if Nylander is a 10m+ guy or Dubois is hardly a 2C. Would be better off converting Nylander to a C, than paying up for Dubois just to play him wing or be a 3C/top 6 winger. In short, either Dubois grows into a 1C and commands big money or he stays worse than Nylander and the Leafs also give the Jets Robertson for free. The whole point of the trade according to what you said was to save money, no?

Dubois would make a great 2C in Toronto, WIlliam Nylander is not a center in the NHL. i would say you are probably paying them both the same amount of money except with Dubois you can have him play center.
Aug. 9, 2022 at 10:36 a.m.
Coming from the team that PAYED a first for 10 games or Nick Foligno. I’ll be laughing when the Leafs use their first to dump another bad contract or to trade for another depth player

im not a leafs fan
Aug. 9, 2022 at 10:46 a.m.
Dubois would make a great 2C in Toronto, WIlliam Nylander is not a center in the NHL. i would say you are probably paying them both the same amount of money except with Dubois you can have him play center.

Toronto has Tavares and by the time he's done perhaps Minten would be ready.

Dubois is not an exceptional C at all at this point in time, what I was saying is that Nylander could be converted to a C if they really wanted, he would just as good as Dubois in the circle probably since the bar there is low, and Nylander is above 50% taking draws on his strong side. The part that Nylander would have to adjust to is positioning which could lead to errors that cost them games. So should they be doing that? No, there is no need. They could acquire Dubois and prep him for a big payday in ufa, but what's the point? They will lose him most likely. You don't just trade a winger for a center just because they will get paid similar. Now if you said the Leafs should try signing Dubois in FA in two years that might make sense. By then Tavares might be close to being done as a top 6 C, or depending on what his extension ask is, or perhaps Matthews' departure would open up a spot, however, Dubois may not be interested.
Aug. 9, 2022 at 11:01 a.m.
where we disagree is I dont think Nylander has a fit in toronto.
they need a different type of player in the top 6...maybe its not dubois but i can tell you it isnt Nylander either.
every playoff team that goes deep has a PF that plays with an edge. Nylander is a skilled winger and his pt production always been great, but he doesnt have the edge you need to go far in the playoffs.
Dubois is available and can play wing as well as C. He has lots of room to grow and under Tavares can be the Next 2C by the time his contract is ready to sign. Tavares (as good as he is) has lost his speed (never had much to begin with) and already has a hard time keeping up to the 200ft game a center needs. The question is also how comfortable are you running the same game plan every season?
A shake up in the top 6 is necessary IMO, and Dubois is worth the gamble.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll