SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2022-23 Standing Predictions (without explanations)

Aug. 17, 2022 at 9:21 a.m.
Evans truther
Edited Aug. 17, 2022 at 10:08 a.m.
Quoting: evelutions2
Philly being that low wouldn’t be that much of a surprise, even with the moves that were made. They are trying to be competitive with an uncompetitive team. They think they can try to contend when they should rebuild.

As for Florida, no way they win the Atlantic in my opinion. The problems start by the loss of Weegar, but Chairman Mo doesn’t exactly fit the Cats play-style. Speaking from personal experience, he is defensively minded to a fault. Combine that with a team who doesn’t have a dcore that is capable of shutting down the opposition, it’s a recipe for disaster. One of 2 things will come from that: 1) Florida learns how to defend and will succeed under Chairman Mo, or 2) coaching and playing style clash and it’s a mess. Either way, grab your popcorn, cause this should be interesting.

Agree with Philly. If Florida had the Isles defensive corp they'd be straight up contending but I can't wait to see how they fare when Ekblad has to miss some games... He's missed 20 in back to back years and Gudas ain't gonna be it if it happens again. Everyone acts like Florida's locked to be at the top but considering all the losses (Weegar, both top rentals, Duclair out 6 months, Vatrano and any trade chips they held) I won't be shocked if they're fighting for 7th or 8th seed by February. Tampa and Toronto are a lock to be up there, Boston is likely going all in this year as they have 11 pending free agents and they'll be faced with bonus overage penalties and both Ottawa and Detroit have made a giant step to being competitive.
BigBallsBriere liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: TZ11
This.

I don't see the Ducks being this good, especially not better than L.A. and Calgary. I could see the Ducks finishing ahead of Vegas if their goaltending without Lehner really is horrible all year and if Gibson can be as good as he was before the all star break last season on a consistent basis.

I wouldn't count on it.
Gibson has started each of the past 4 years hot, then fallen off badly every time.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll