SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Making Moves

Jun. 6, 2017 at 2:31 p.m.
Wow this is a good team... Carolina trade is a bit iffy, aho is a good player so is skinner. But I think this team is sick.
Jun. 6, 2017 at 2:40 p.m.
STH
Absolutely zero chance the Canes make that trade.
M_Swann liked this.
Jun. 6, 2017 at 3:03 p.m.
Quoting: Rcsherwo
The two teams do have history making trades so it is not out of the question another deal could be made. Is your issue with losing Aho or Pesce? If it is the latter, remember Hjalmarsson has played on his off side during his 3 Cup career and the 'Canes may benefit from that experience as well as his leadership. If it is the former, what about Panarin/Hjalmarsson/'17 1st for Skinner/Pesce/'17 2nd+? While you (or actual NHL GMs) may not care about the Chicago Blackhawks dicey Cap situation, they are in dire need of shedding salary without handcuffing themselves. That, of course, is another issue altogether!
Jun. 6, 2017 at 5:06 p.m.
STH
Quoting: graderman
The two teams do have history making trades so it is not out of the question another deal could be made. Is your issue with losing Aho or Pesce? If it is the latter, remember Hjalmarsson has played on his off side during his 3 Cup career and the 'Canes may benefit from that experience as well as his leadership. If it is the former, what about Panarin/Hjalmarsson/'17 1st for Skinner/Pesce/'17 2nd+? While you (or actual NHL GMs) may not care about the Chicago Blackhawks dicey Cap situation, they are in dire need of shedding salary without handcuffing themselves. That, of course, is another issue altogether!

The issue as being a life long Canes fan, is that there's no reason for us to trade our youth. We are an offensively starved team and giving up Aho (our best prospect by far) and Skinner who will arguably be our captain next year makes no sense from a Canes perspective. They were our two best offensive players last year and trading either, even for Panarin will make us worse. Pnarain is also a LW and we REALLY need a Center or RW. Throw in Pesce who is arguably worth just as much as either of them from a value standpoint and you have the Canes giving up 3 current and future star pieces for Panarin (a LW we don't need) and a 30yr old D-Man who doesn't really fit in our system. We have plenty of young D-men who could play his role at a higher level and with way less cost.

If the Canes are making any trades this year, it wont be involving any of those 3 players and you can add Slavin to that list. We have a bunch of picks and prospects that we could trade to get value out of other cap hurt teams or expansion worried organizations. Trading our ONLY offensive threats just isn't in the cards, even for a guy like Panarin. IF we're making a trade with CHI its to get TVR and Kruger so we can trade one of our top 4 D-men for a #1 Center.
Jun. 6, 2017 at 5:21 p.m.

The issue as being a life long Canes fan, is that there's no reason for us to trade our youth. We are an offensively starved team and giving up Aho (our best prospect by far) and Skinner who will arguably be our captain next year makes no sense from a Canes perspective. They were our two best offensive players last year and trading either, even for Panarin will make us worse. Pnarain is also a LW and we REALLY need a Center or RW. Throw in Pesce who is arguably worth just as much as either of them from a value standpoint and you have the Canes giving up 3 current and future star pieces for Panarin (a LW we don't need) and a 30yr old D-Man who doesn't really fit in our system. We have plenty of young D-men who could play his role at a higher level and with way less cost.

If the Canes are making any trades this year, it wont be involving any of those 3 players and you can add Slavin to that list. We have a bunch of picks and prospects that we could trade to get value out of other cap hurt teams or expansion worried organizations. Trading our ONLY offensive threats just isn't in the cards, even for a guy like Panarin. IF we're making a trade with CHI its to get TVR and Kruger so we can trade one of our top 4 D-men for a #1 Center.
Very enviable situation to be in, my friend. Chicago is trending down without a farm system to pull from. They lose top young players as well as prospects every year and are becoming a thing of the past unfortunately. Blame it on success or the salary cap; I say it is poor management without much regard for the future, especially after the 2014 disappointing loss to LA. Every team has to deal with the upper limit. Some are better at it than others. In Chicago's case, too much money is being paid for past championships that simply may not produce more Cup wins. I do not agree with this philosophy and lament the Hawks in their stagnant state. Without dance partners, their run has ended, I believe. Good for other teams to capitalize I guess. BTW, I hope the Darling works out for your team!
Jun. 6, 2017 at 7:40 p.m.
STH

Very enviable situation to be in, my friend. Chicago is trending down without a farm system to pull from. They lose top young players as well as prospects every year and are becoming a thing of the past unfortunately. Blame it on success or the salary cap; I say it is poor management without much regard for the future, especially after the 2014 disappointing loss to LA. Every team has to deal with the upper limit. Some are better at it than others. In Chicago's case, too much money is being paid for past championships that simply may not produce more Cup wins. I do not agree with this philosophy and lament the Hawks in their stagnant state. Without dance partners, their run has ended, I believe. Good for other teams to capitalize I guess. BTW, I hope the Darling works out for your team!

As a season ticket holder, I have watched ALOT of bad hockey over the last decade, Im very ready for our situation to turn around. I have always respected the Hawks and we do seem to have a great relationship from a franchise perspective. I hope you guys turn it around but the cost of winning 3 cups like you did should be high, otherwise the NHL turns into the NBA in a hurry. We will gladly keep taking your cap dumps and young prospects :-)

Our fan base is ecstatic about Darling, we honestly havent been this fired up about a new player since we got Jordan Staal a few years ago and we have high hopes for him and our future in net. I can't wait for next season!
Jun. 6, 2017 at 8:12 p.m.

As a season ticket holder, I have watched ALOT of bad hockey over the last decade, Im very ready for our situation to turn around. I have always respected the Hawks and we do seem to have a great relationship from a franchise perspective. I hope you guys turn it around but the cost of winning 3 cups like you did should be high, otherwise the NHL turns into the NBA in a hurry. We will gladly keep taking your cap dumps and young prospects :-)

Our fan base is ecstatic about Darling, we honestly havent been this fired up about a new player since we got Jordan Staal a few years ago and we have high hopes for him and our future in net. I can't wait for next season!
Well that's good to hear in a bad sorta way. And I certainly wish the Hurricanes the very best in the EC!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll