Playoffs 2023

Created by: RC_82
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 15, 2023
Published: Feb. 15, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not gunna happen
In a perfect world leafs should be targeting a guy like Jeannot. Big body, kills penalties.

realistically probably not enough but Jeannot is the perfect playoff player for the leafs. RFA next year too

- Chychrun will probably go for more in which case leafs will be out

****Jeannot trade was suppose to have a 2024 2nd not 4th... oops
Trades
ARI
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. Niemelä, Topi
  3. 2023 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2024 5th round pick (TOR)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$82,500,000$81,523,746$212,500$0$976,254
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$827,500$827,500
C, LW
RFA - 1
$840,630$840,630
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$766,667$766,667 ($0$0$0$0)
G
RFA - 3
$900,000$900,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:26 p.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
except that he isnt. Outside of one season he's a middling 3rd liner who gets absolutly murdered in defensive minutes. he's simply not very good. It is also VERY funny that you're throwing out echo chambers here when 99% of the talk about jeannot on this site is people acting like he's some super amazing powerforward unicorn and any pushback for that is met with either "watch the games" or insults about the person who brings it up and their team.

Have you ever considered (and I want you to genuinely think about this), that maybe the lot of people valuing him might be onto something?
I mean, Jeannot was never even made publicly available, and ACGM's sprouted with fans all across different teams are heavily interested in adding a player of his type onto their team.

He's shown what he's capable (or at least a fraction of it) of producing at an NHL level. I think you two might be the outliers.
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:27 p.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
Yeah hopeless Homer's of other teams that want triple what their players cost, call us names because we say no.

Jeannot is an okay depth player. He scored way more than he should have last year and now you guys think he's some sort of star. And what now? He's scored 5 goals while falling back to earth. He's probably a 10-15 goal scorer on average while hitting a lot but not doing all that much more. He's not terrible defensively but he's not great either.

But saying this means I am a terrible Homer right?

I purposely called you out to challenge any sort of argument from your side, wanting you to specifically shy away from the "muhhh only 5 goals" caveman argument.

But again, it's all you can seem to bring up.
"X player is bad because no goals"

Sure.
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:31 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: EvanderKanesLawyer
I purposely called you out to challenge any sort of argument from your side, wanting you to specifically shy away from the "muhhh only 5 goals" caveman argument.

But again, it's all you can seem to bring up.
"X player is bad because no goals"

Sure.

Where do I say he's bad? This is why your lot are just quick to insult. Just extreme takes and poor listening.

Player A (in this case Jeannot), is worth major assets to you guys because you love him for an outlier season and hits.

I say, no thanks, he's not worth it because well laid out reasons backed with tangible evidence.

You guys, "You're a Homer and stupid because you think Jeannot sucks!

Yeah that's not what happened buddy.
Have you ever considered (and I want you to genuinely think about this), that maybe the lot of people valuing him might be onto something?
I mean, Jeannot was never even made publicly available, and ACGM's sprouted with fans all across different teams are heavily interested in adding a player of his type onto their team.

He's shown what he's capable (or at least a fraction of it) of producing at an NHL level. I think you two might be the outliers.

have you ever considered (and I genuinely want you to think about this) that people see a 6'2 guy score 24 goals and hit a lot and over value the ever loving crap out of him because hockey fans have the weirdest fetish for power forwards that they react like every single guy who is big and hits that rides a shooting percentage gets lionized like the next Lindros? Have you seen what people think about Josh Anderson? People have don cherry brain rot for these guys and refuse to look at anything but that one good scoring season and the hitz box scores, that's why they literally have zero defence of the player other than "he scored a lot once and he hits"
He's shown that he can produce like a low end 3rd liner during his peak scoring age years and nothing more. A million people believing a dumb thing doesnt make it true.
I've seen different people in different threads mention your names when it comes to Leafs homerism. PW kind of has a point.
The proposed trade is bad, simply put.

If you're valuing Jeannot's goal production (which Rip seems to love bringing up), you've probably already lost any merit in your arguments. Everyone knows his massive shooting% probably wouldn't be matched, however,
a physical middle 6 power forward who is a reliable penalty killer and faces tough matches at 15 minutes TOI, if publicly made available by David Poile, would garner a lot of interest from contending teams looking for that sort of player to fit into a role.

Combine that with being only 25, worth 800k (pretty cost efficient and team controlled) and an expiring RFA. He could probably fetch Nashville a decent package.
Nobody is saying he's worth a 1st and Knies. I don't know why you act like that, but a lot of Jeannot trades proposed here don't benefit Nashville in the slightest.
But Robertson, Steeves, and a 4th that's another year out is a painfully bad take on where his value lies.

I'd love to see Jeannot's performance playing on Toronto's 3rd line, or how he would be a decent playdriver if put in an actually talented top 6.

Both of you are kind of echo-chambered. But it's fine, you get what you get.

LOL Don't waste your breath with these 2, it's like speaking to a deaf dog with tourette's!! I've only been on here a few days and pegged the Homers right off the bat! You make very good points!! Jeannot is a BEAST and be exactly what the leafs need. I personally wouldn't let him go for that either and I'm a MASSIVE leaf fan (don't clump me with the homer's eh)
Ennis liked this.
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:33 p.m.
Quoting: LJ17
LOL Don't waste your breath with these 2, it's like speaking to a deaf dog with tourette's!! I've only been on here a few days and pegged the Homers right off the bat! You make very good points!! Jeannot is a BEAST and be exactly what the leafs need. I personally wouldn't let him go for that either and I'm a MASSIVE leaf fan (don't clump me with the homer's eh)

have you ever considered (and I genuinely want you to think about this) that people see a 6'2 guy score 24 goals and hit a lot and over value the ever loving crap out of him because hockey fans have the weirdest fetish for power forwards that they react like every single guy who is big and hits that rides a shooting percentage gets lionized like the next Lindros? Have you seen what people think about Josh Anderson? People have don cherry brain rot for these guys and refuse to look at anything but that one good scoring season and the hitz box scores, that's why they literally have zero defence of the player other than "he scored a lot once and he hits"
He's shown that he can produce like a low end 3rd liner during his peak scoring age years and nothing more. A million people believing a dumb thing doesnt make it true.

Where do I say he's bad? This is why your lot are just quick to insult. Just extreme takes and poor listening.

Player A (in this case Jeannot), is worth major assets to you guys because you love him for an outlier season and hits.

I say, no thanks, he's not worth it because well laid out reasons backed with tangible evidence.

You guys, "You're a Homer and stupid because you think Jeannot sucks!

Yeah that's not what happened buddy.

Another leaf fan brought up an interesting point,

""I can only imagine the discourse if one of these guys was on the Leafs.

2 goals in his last 38 games - Miles Wood
2 goals in his last 36 games - Jordan Greenway
2 goals in his last 38 games - Tanner Jeannot
4 goals in his last 38 games - Mason Marchment
4 goals in his last 38 games - Max Comtios
5 goals in his last 38 games - Anthony Mantha
8 goals in his last 38 games - Nino Niederreiter
9 goals in his last 38 games - Pierre Engvall
11 goals in his last 38 games - Josh Anderson""

I actually want all of you to take a look at this thread.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/679284?post_id=3870554
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:37 p.m.
Quoting: PhilsWeiner
im starting to see how your posts to likes ratio is so bad. has anyone ever agreed with anything youve said?

a 0.28 ratio is crazy LMAO
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:39 p.m.

you do realize that I am calling out all the leafs fans with the don cherry brain rot too right? Like, I dont care how many people lose their noodles about a guy like Jeannot, they're still wrong, and hey looking at that list i've been right way way more about these types of players than the masses. Weird that!
The Engvall inclusion is especially hilarious because he's actually a very good defensive player and penalty killer and he's significantly better at putting up points in significantly limited minutes than all of them.
But then Engvall gets treated like a cap dump by everyone while people make 1st rounders/good prospects for the other guy threads all the time
RipNasty liked this.
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:40 p.m.

pretending ratio of likes means much on a website where you get 5 or 6 likes simply for saying "lol leafs 1st round loss" isnt the own you think it is
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:41 p.m.
Rip

What was your goal here? To point out a post made by a rangers fan where he just chirped the leafs in the comments the whole time? Because as you can see in the quote you posted. Engvall is scoring a lot more over the same time frame than Jeannot. I guess all those hits make a huge difference in the win loss column? No? The standings? No? What's your aim here?
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:45 p.m.
Rip

Boy if you guys worry about comments to likes ratios on this site, you really should see a therapist. Personally I couldn't care less but really, the attempts at chirping on here are that sad so what can one expect.
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:45 p.m.
you do realize that I am calling out all the leafs fans with the don cherry brain rot too right? Like, I dont care how many people lose their noodles about a guy like Jeannot, they're still wrong, and hey looking at that list i've been right way way more about these types of players than the masses. Weird that!
The Engvall inclusion is especially hilarious because he's actually a very good defensive player and penalty killer and he's significantly better at putting up points in significantly limited minutes than all of them.
But then Engvall gets treated like a cap dump by everyone while people make 1st rounders/good prospects for the other guy threads all the time

I've already suggested this to you before, but it's not "don cherry brain rot" to suggest that a physical, gritty presence wins you games. Especially in playoff scenarios.
Sure, the game is getting faster, but grit is still of importance. Teams make moves for gritty payers all the time in order to go on deep playoff runs.

But I have the LEAST amount of energy right now, and I'm not doing that same song and dance with you again.

We'll see how they perform this year, and then come back to this. I'm not responding anymore.

pretending ratio of likes means much on a website where you get 5 or 6 likes simply for saying "lol leafs 1st round loss" isnt the own you think it is

it sure does when you have a 0.28 ratio, kind of tells me that you say a lot of things that not a lot of people tend to agree with.
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:46 p.m.
What was your goal here? To point out a post made by a rangers fan where he just chirped the leafs in the comments the whole time? Because as you can see in the quote you posted. Engvall is scoring a lot more over the same time frame than Jeannot. I guess all those hits make a huge difference in the win loss column? No? The standings? No? What's your aim here?

I wonder how that Engvall performance will translate in the first round.
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:49 p.m.
I've already suggested this to you before, but it's not "don cherry brain rot" to suggest that a physical, gritty presence wins you games. Especially in playoff scenarios.
Sure, the game is getting faster, but grit is still of importance. Teams make moves for gritty payers all the time in order to go on deep playoff runs.

But I have the LEAST amount of energy right now, and I'm not doing that same song and dance with you again.

We'll see how they perform this year, and then come back to this. I'm not responding anymore.

it sure does when you have a 0.28 ratio, kind of tells me that you say a lot of things that not a lot of people tend to agree with.

it's amazing how much of this "gritty physical presence" ends up on terrible teams eh? and yes, we will see all these players with long track records of not being very good and then one season of being good and then going back to not being good look at the end of the season, i've got a sneaking suspicion that we both know where that's going but you obviously cant say that eh?

and again, if you can get multiple likes for saying literally anything anti-leafs no matter how innocuous, than pretending a like ratio means anything is like pretending Jeannot was a "gritty physical presence" that helped his team go deep into the playoffs
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:51 p.m.
I wonder how that Engvall performance will translate in the first round.

triple the points of Jeannot while having significantly harder defensive minutes (and much much much better play driving results) against a much better team
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:51 p.m.
it's amazing how much of this "gritty physical presence" ends up on terrible teams eh? and yes, we will see all these players with long track records of not being very good and then one season of being good and then going back to not being good look at the end of the season, i've got a sneaking suspicion that we both know where that's going but you obviously cant say that eh?

and again, if you can get multiple likes for saying literally anything anti-leafs no matter how innocuous, than pretending a like ratio means anything is like pretending Jeannot was a "gritty physical presence" that helped his team go deep into the playoffs

Yeah, we saw you get absolutely blitzed by the Hagel - Colton - Paul line, that grinded your top 6 into dust.
I guess Tampa was such a bad team.

Absolute caveman
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:52 p.m.
triple the points of Jeannot while having significantly harder defensive minutes (and much much much better play driving results) against a much better team

That sure worked out last year, right? All 3 of those assists.
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:53 p.m.
Yeah, we saw you get absolutely blitzed by the Hagel - Colton - Paul line, that grinded your top 6 into dust.
I guess Tampa was such a good team.

Absolute caveman

weird, because the leafs top 6 outscored tampas top 6 in that series. Sounds like tampa's top 6 got ground into dust by Engvall-Kampf-Blackwood
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:55 p.m.
weird, because the leafs top 6 outscored tampas top 6 in that series. Sounds like tampa's top 6 got ground into dust by Engvall-Kampf-Blackwood

And in the end, who came out on top?
It is weird, huh?
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:55 p.m.
That sure worked out last year, right? All 3 of those assists.

Yeah, i 7 games against the back to back champs while dominating possession, I guess he cant stand up to a guy who got mauled in a sweep
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
And in the end, who came out on top?
It is weird, huh?

very weird how the best goalie in the world out dueled Jack Campbell in a 2-1 game
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
Yeah, i 7 games against the back to back champs while dominating possession, I guess he cant stand up to a guy who got mauled in a sweep

Both teams were golfing by the end of the first round.

But you can cling onto the "we took them to game 7"
Feb. 15, 2023 at 6:57 p.m.
very weird how the best goalie in the world out dueled Jack Campbell in a 2-1 game

who came out on top?
Both teams were golfing by the end of the first round.

But you can cling onto the "we took them to game 7"

Indeed, it's amazing how winning 3 games is better than winning none. Guess you found your second wind eh?
who came out on top?

not tanner jeannot, that's for sure

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll