Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 25, 2023 at 9:43 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Capitals decline
Feb. 25, 2023 at 9:44 a.m.
All heart
Quoting: capsfan2121
Capitals decline

You think so I think that’s a horrible trade for Toronto Jensen is ****
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 9:48 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Tavahews
You think so I think that’s a horrible trade for Toronto Jensen is ****

You don’t know who Jensen is or haven’t watched him play.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 9:49 a.m.
All heart
You don’t know who Jensen is or haven’t watched him play.

He doesn’t really move The needle kinda just a waste of assets
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:02 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Real question: Who is Jensen and why do so many people like him?
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:05 a.m.
down bad
Quoting: Leafsfan98

Arguably the best Dman available atm beside chychrun. Extremely underrated guy
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:09 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: DogDayCaps2
Arguably the best Dman available atm beside chychrun. Extremely underrated guy

Better than Dumba?
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:13 a.m.
down bad
Better than Dumba?

Omg yes! Jensen would be a massive upgrade over Dumba. Capitals are more than likely trying to extend him but if he is available he would arguably be the best Dman besides Chychrun and EK65( way too much money and too risky) available. I think he’s about as good as Orlov.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:14 a.m.

He's been one of the most consistent drivers of good underlying defensive numbers in the entire league since he's been in Washington, and has been playing top pairing minutes this year after second pair minutes the past couple. From an "eye test" perspective, he's a very good skater with great defensive awareness and good puck moving skills. Not the biggest and certainly not a bruiser but also not afraid of physicality. Doesn't put up tons of points and doesn't play on the powerplay.

I don't think its an overstatement to say he is the best RD available -- I would place him comfortably above Klingberg, and Dumba and I don't think Karlsson is actually going to move. Can be a good 3d on a good team and I think suits TOR's style very well. As for price defenseman of any quality always go for more than you expect. I would use the Kulak deal last year (and whatever Schenn ends up getting this year) as a floor for Jensen, so a 23 2nd (or equivalent) as the starting point. I think Caps management will ask for a first to begin with, but those don't grow on trees.
capsfan2121 and RipNasty liked this.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:32 a.m.
Let’s be reasonable
Quoting: qc14
He's been one of the most consistent drivers of good underlying defensive numbers in the entire league since he's been in Washington, and has been playing top pairing minutes this year after second pair minutes the past couple. From an "eye test" perspective, he's a very good skater with great defensive awareness and good puck moving skills. Not the biggest and certainly not a bruiser but also not afraid of physicality. Doesn't put up tons of points and doesn't play on the powerplay.

I don't think its an overstatement to say he is the best RD available -- I would place him comfortably above Klingberg, and Dumba and I don't think Karlsson is actually going to move. Can be a good 3d on a good team and I think suits TOR's style very well. As for price defenseman of any quality always go for more than you expect. I would use the Kulak deal last year (and whatever Schenn ends up getting this year) as a floor for Jensen, so a 23 2nd (or equivalent) as the starting point. I think Caps management will ask for a first to begin with, but those don't grow on trees.

The Leafs need to put less emphasis on the power play part of the roster, which makes them great in the regular season, but when the playoffs come around and penalties are issued fewer and far between have less of an impact. Kerfoot and Holl (expiring contracts) have no value for Washington. If moving them for picks is so easy, then go ahead and do that Leafs fans. Don’t make that the work of the acquiring team. They have enough UFA’s they can retain on with their remaining 2 retainage spots. As far as trading former 3rd and 4th founders who haven’t done anything nor likely ever will is additional lack of value. You are going to start needing to look at higher picks being offered. Teams don’t simply want quantity, they want some quality.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:37 a.m.
Rip
Lol “waste of assets…” he would arguably be your best RSD. You are clearly too emotional to have an intellectual conversation with.

Jensen could probably get a 1st or 2nd + good prospect.
Sheary = 3rd. Low cap 40ish point player.

Leafs dump 5.5m in players that the Capitals have no use for. Give the Capitals 1 good prospect. 2 meh prospects that aren’t worth us wasting a roster spot signing on and a 4th. Lol example we could sign Ethen Frank a guy already in our system and he’s already better than 90% of what you offered.

8 seasons and Sheary has eclipsed 40 points twice. A 40 ish point player is a stretch for Sheary. He's been a 30 point player for most of this career.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:38 a.m.
Rip

He's a solid secondary defenceman
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:40 a.m.
down bad
Quoting: RipNasty
Just going zero to a thousand eh? "Doesn't move the needle..." Immediately calls someone stupid in response.

Didn’t call anyone stupid. When you get overly emotional about a topic it’s impossible to have a rational discussion about it. Like you won’t ever be about to convince me Wilson isn’t worth 2 1st round picks worth of value. Also saying “doesn’t move the needle” when Holl is on your top pairing doesn’t really make sense “eh” Jensen is a sizable upgrade over him
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:40 a.m.
Rip
Omg yes! Jensen would be a massive upgrade over Dumba. Capitals are more than likely trying to extend him but if he is available he would arguably be the best Dman besides Chychrun and EK65( way too much money and too risky) available. I think he’s about as good as Orlov.

I think you need to check your bias here bud. Dumba isn't all that special but neither is Jensen, he's a marginal upgrade on some top 4's. Hardly a game changer, just a solid secondary player. Which is a good thing but let's maybe not build statutes for every good depth guy.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:42 a.m.
Rip
Didn’t call anyone stupid. When you get overly emotional about a topic it’s impossible to have a rational discussion about it. Like you won’t ever be about to convince me Wilson isn’t worth 2 1st round picks worth of value. Also saying “doesn’t move the needle” when Holl is on your top pairing doesn’t really make sense “eh” Jensen is a sizable upgrade over him

In your own words "You are clearly too emotional to have an intellectual conversation with". Come on man, you know what you are doing. You are a Caps Homer, which is fine, but you need to understand that otherwise you'll continue to be so emotional that you'll lash out whenever someone doesn't think a Caps player is a major upgrade. Like you literally have done in this thread.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:45 a.m.
down bad
I think you need to check your bias here bud. Dumba isn't all that special but neither is Jensen, he's a marginal upgrade on some top 4's. Hardly a game changer, just a solid secondary player. Which is a good thing but let's maybe not build statutes for every good depth guy.

I’m just going to assume you are as uneducated as it comes when it comes to Jensen. It’s very clearly how you talk about him. It’s also clear that you do zero research before belting out dumb comments. Great example is calling out sheary for not being a 40ish point guy when he had 40 last year and is on a 40 point pace this year. Have a good day.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:50 a.m.
down bad
In your own words "You are clearly too emotional to have an intellectual conversation with". Come on man, you know what you are doing. You are a Caps Homer, which is fine, but you need to understand that otherwise you'll continue to be so emotional that you'll lash out whenever someone doesn't think a Caps player is a major upgrade. Like you literally have done in this thread.

It’s a fact that Jensen would be a sizable upgrade to the Leafs RSD. That’s facts. It’s also FACTS that sheary is a 40p guy. AGAIN LAST YEAR AND PACE THIS YEAR. Not overly emotional just don’t have time for lazy comments. It’s not rocket science to think Jensen value is AT LEAST what Kulak got last year. Jensen is having a much better year and has better offensive number while having comparable defensive numbers.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:52 a.m.
Quoting: Bolts86
The Leafs need to put less emphasis on the power play part of the roster, which makes them great in the regular season, but when the playoffs come around and penalties are issued fewer and far between have less of an impact. Kerfoot and Holl (expiring contracts) have no value for Washington. If moving them for picks is so easy, then go ahead and do that Leafs fans. Don’t make that the work of the acquiring team. They have enough UFA’s they can retain on with their remaining 2 retainage spots. As far as trading former 3rd and 4th founders who haven’t done anything nor likely ever will is additional lack of value. You are going to start needing to look at higher picks being offered. Teams don’t simply want quantity, they want some quality.

Yes I think people in general put way too much emphasis on both sides on taking back the expiring salary filler like kerfoot or holl or smith with the orlov deal to help facilitate it. As for the offer here I think that it depends a lot on what the caps FO thinks of Neimela, he's a very solid prospect that I would have as equivalent to a 2nd, Abruzzese is a flyer, and a 4th is a 4th. Not the most amazing package, but not horrible either
Feb. 25, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs

Would you (as the Caps GM) accept this:
Jensen + Sheary for Niemela, 2023 third (which is a conditional 2025 2nd), Abbruzee, player to make the cap work and Roberston? Too much or too little and why?

Also, is Jensen a solid #2 or #3 defensemen bc that's what the Leafs need IMO
Feb. 25, 2023 at 11:04 a.m.
Capitals decline

What if the 2024 4th was a 2023 3rd or if I included a guy like Voit or Hirvonen
Feb. 25, 2023 at 11:10 a.m.
Would you (as the Caps GM) accept this:
Jensen + Sheary for Niemela, 2023 third (which is a conditional 2025 2nd), Abbruzee, player to make the cap work and Roberston? Too much or too little and why?

Also, is Jensen a solid #2 or #3 defensemen bc that's what the Leafs need IMO

you probably only need one of Robertson or Niemela I think, but obviously would love to have both. I think both Robertson and Niemela right now are around equivalent to a 23 2nd, Abruzzese more of a flyer. I think Jensen is a very solid 3d on a good team. Thats what he was on washington behind Carlson and Orlov and when all 3 were healthy and in the lineup the team was good.
Leafsfan98 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 12:50 p.m.
Rip
I’m just going to assume you are as uneducated as it comes when it comes to Jensen. It’s very clearly how you talk about him. It’s also clear that you do zero research before belting out dumb comments. Great example is calling out sheary for not being a 40ish point guy when he had 40 last year and is on a 40 point pace this year. Have a good day.

Spitting venom again. Are you simply here to just attack or do you want to have, in your words, "an intellectual conversation"? Because getting mad and calling people uneducated and stupid because they don't think Jensen is an all star is not at all civil, reasonable or frankly productive.

This type of, "unless you agree with me completely, you are against me and an idiot" mentality is what's wrong with the world. No one can learn when they have that attitude.

Jensen is a fine player, I like him and would be happy to get him for the right price. But he's not "the answer" he's not an all-star and he isn't a game changer. He's a good player and a valuable one. Be okay with that, because coming on here and attacking anyone who doesn't lift him up as a godsend makes you look overly emotional and more than a bit silly.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 12:53 p.m.
Rip
It’s a fact that Jensen would be a sizable upgrade to the Leafs RSD. That’s facts. It’s also FACTS that sheary is a 40p guy. AGAIN LAST YEAR AND PACE THIS YEAR. Not overly emotional just don’t have time for lazy comments. It’s not rocket science to think Jensen value is AT LEAST what Kulak got last year. Jensen is having a much better year and has better offensive number while having comparable defensive numbers.

It's a fact Sheary has scored 40 points twice in his career. He's a 30 point bottom 6 winger. A fine player but nothing overly special. That's a fact and it doesn't take anything away from him. He is what he is. Nothing more nothing less.

Jensen is a good player for sure and I would take him over Holl absolutely. Is he the best thing since sliced bread? Absolutely not. Is he an all-star? No. What is he? A very good depth defenceman, he isn't a star he doesn't make you a top team but he certainly helps you with very good depth and sound play. As I have mentioned, I would welcome him, but as others have mentioned he doesn't move the needle that much. With or without him, TO is in a fine position so the cost of acquiring him has to be reasonable or it's not worth it.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 1:06 p.m.
Rip

A 2nd or 2nd equivalent is a price I would pay for sure.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: Bolts86

This comment misses the mark by a very wide margin. Powerplay effectiveness is arguably the biggest issue TO has had in the playoffs. In fact, if they could operate at or above their regular season averages, they would have won most of the series they lost. As for less calls happening, that certainly wasn't what happened in the playoffs last year. There were more penalties in that series than there had been all year. TO went from being the least penalized team to the most in the 1st round. It was a joke, reffing across the board is brutal these days though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll