Forums/Armchair-GM

Youngsters with bedard

Created by: Logan03
Team: 2023-24 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 2, 2023
Published: Mar. 2, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Hopefully we can make some new favourite players, I have assumed we won lottery but… Kane comes to play with Connor mcdav.. I mean bedard. Oh and ya way overpay Sean Money, maybe he goes back to old ways (he probably wont) and flip him or re-sign if he really does become a good piece
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$825,000
3$885,000
3$850,000
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$875,000
3$2,750,000
3$877,000
2$925,000
1$825,000
1$1,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$8,888,888
1$6,000,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Bedard, Connor
3$950,000
Trades
CHI
  1. 2025 6th round pick (CGY)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Recapture Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$64,505,678$0$1,677,500$17,994,322
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$505,000$505K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Bedard, Connor
$950,000$950,000
$8,888,888$8,888,888
RW
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$758,333$758,333
RW
RFA - 1
$758,333$758,333
LW
RFA - 1
$2,650,000$2,650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
RFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
G
RFA - 2
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
C
RFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 2, 2023 at 2:10 a.m.
Hawks Fan
Luypen and Allan won’t be ready for NHL. Korchinski would likely benefit from AHL experience. No need to rush him like they did with Boqvist.

For that money, I’d honestly rather pay Max Domi than Monahan.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 2:45 a.m.
Billy739
Bedard isnt a Center , you basically cut his legs off one of his main strengths in making him one.
2 Completely differnet positions and making that change comes at a cost.

I mean Danault in Junior was a Winger like Shaw who helped with Faceoffs.(i was at the games i know he didnt play Center Fulltime so dont argue it)
Danault was hands down one of the fastest QMJHL skaters on the ice and played more of a Connor Garland run'n'gun style of hockey
CHI moved him to Center and during the Transition he got so banged up CHI gave up on him trading him and a 2nd away for two 4th line pending UFA's

If CHI moves him to Center sure as the day is long just like Danault he'll face a lot of injury issues trying to retrain himself which lanes he can use.
Centers cant dance around like Wingers as they have 2 other Forwards relying on being able to follow his lead.
Even Centers who spent their entire competitive career preparing for the jump to the NHL face these issues

I guess the question is how many more 1st round picks do you plan on trading away due to mismanaged development of assets?
I mean since taking Kane and Toews were drafted the only picks that were clear cut winners succeeding quite quickly were Shaw,Saad, Teravainen, and Debrincat with an argument to be made for Schmaltz. Beyond that though 127 picks were either Not Qualified , Busted , Were Traded , The Picks were traded , or Are wait to not be Qualified , to be mismanaged or traded.

Dont get me wrong more then a few of those players in those 127 picks are NHLer's , just not with CHI.
That said the last 2 drafts actually look Quality for you guys and aslong as coaches keep their hands to themselves things should be good.
That's assuming that unlike from 2010-recently that they actually truly made change culturally in CHI , which im skeptical on as its stems from Ownership .
Odds are anyone developed there will have to be an overachieves as a ration of 5/127 with only 5 success stories in 132 picks total is why CHI stopped being a contender.
Huge part of that was Pierre Gauthier picking stupid picks just like he did in MTL so i feel for you guys as you couldnt even catch a break with your new guys when you do bring them in.

If Luke Richardson could be as hands on with his youth in the AHL as he was in Laval it would also make a huge difference.
We were lucky with Arena's 45 minutes apart so when the kids got the call up to play for him they already knew him and had confidence.
IF CHI could get their AHL team back in CHI i think Richardson will play a huge role in rebuilding CHI's developemental prospects in the AHL
Mar. 2, 2023 at 8:13 a.m.
Quoting: Billy739
Bedard isnt a Center , you basically cut his legs off one of his main strengths in making him one.
2 Completely differnet positions and making that change comes at a cost.

I mean Danault in Junior was a Winger like Shaw who helped with Faceoffs.(i was at the games i know he didnt play Center Fulltime so dont argue it)
Danault was hands down one of the fastest QMJHL skaters on the ice and played more of a Connor Garland run'n'gun style of hockey
CHI moved him to Center and during the Transition he got so banged up CHI gave up on him trading him and a 2nd away for two 4th line pending UFA's

If CHI moves him to Center sure as the day is long just like Danault he'll face a lot of injury issues trying to retrain himself which lanes he can use.
Centers cant dance around like Wingers as they have 2 other Forwards relying on being able to follow his lead.
Even Centers who spent their entire competitive career preparing for the jump to the NHL face these issues

I guess the question is how many more 1st round picks do you plan on trading away due to mismanaged development of assets?
I mean since taking Kane and Toews were drafted the only picks that were clear cut winners succeeding quite quickly were Shaw,Saad, Teravainen, and Debrincat with an argument to be made for Schmaltz. Beyond that though 127 picks were either Not Qualified , Busted , Were Traded , The Picks were traded , or Are wait to not be Qualified , to be mismanaged or traded.

Dont get me wrong more then a few of those players in those 127 picks are NHLer's , just not with CHI.
That said the last 2 drafts actually look Quality for you guys and aslong as coaches keep their hands to themselves things should be good.
That's assuming that unlike from 2010-recently that they actually truly made change culturally in CHI , which im skeptical on as its stems from Ownership .
Odds are anyone developed there will have to be an overachieves as a ration of 5/127 with only 5 success stories in 132 picks total is why CHI stopped being a contender.
Huge part of that was Pierre Gauthier picking stupid picks just like he did in MTL so i feel for you guys as you couldnt even catch a break with your new guys when you do bring them in.

If Luke Richardson could be as hands on with his youth in the AHL as he was in Laval it would also make a huge difference.
We were lucky with Arena's 45 minutes apart so when the kids got the call up to play for him they already knew him and had confidence.
IF CHI could get their AHL team back in CHI i think Richardson will play a huge role in rebuilding CHI's developemental prospects in the AHL

What? Bedard absolutely is a center. He might not be when he gets to the NHL, but that is what he plays in Regina and that is what is listed on every site, and that is what he will be drafted as. Also, Danault was and is a center too.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 8:16 a.m.
Quoting: Jco5ta5
Luypen and Allan won’t be ready for NHL. Korchinski would likely benefit from AHL experience. No need to rush him like they did with Boqvist.

For that money, I’d honestly rather pay Max Domi than Monahan.

Korchinski has to play in the NHL next season or else he has to go back to Junior. The AHL isn't an option for him. Maybe a few games, but they'll be forced to send him down at a certain point if they aren't going to keep him in the NHL.
Hawksguy81 and Logan03 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 8:39 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Garak
What? Bedard absolutely is a center. He might not be when he gets to the NHL, but that is what he plays in Regina and that is what is listed on every site, and that is what he will be drafted as. Also, Danault was and is a center too.

You have the Season tickets? I did
Most every Artlicle ive checked printed before the 2011 draft say LW and occasionally LW/C not C/LW.
You can believe what you want i physically was there , you were not .

Only Articles posted after the draft list him as Center with no winger designation.
It wasnt until he joined CHI they had him moved back on Center on special teams only
Each of his last two years including his busy Senior year CHI brought Danault up to their AHL team for Training Camp and 5-7 games later send him down

This is like when Mccarron drafted a winger expected to joing the NCAA met with Bergavin then decided he wanted to be a Center and joing Canadian Junior.
Despite being Listed as a Center Mccarron until Injuries afforded him the option to actually played wing most of the year until before the playoffs where he went on a Memorial cup run.

Not the same situation career wise just the way their teams made calls about their development i'd call poor judgement
Both MTL and Danault lost out on their 1st rounders due to poor judgement but atleast CHI made a profit first no matter how small.
We lost Big Mac for squat and now he plays for NSH as their 4th line C last i checked

Far as Bedard goes i just know what i see vs his peers when he plays at the highest levels
His coaches dont see him as a skilled enough Center to replace Dach instead calling on Beck
If he was a strong enough Center he would have been the far more logical choice over Owen Beck a Reserve player

Unlike Danault he probably does play Center for his Junior team.
I didnt attend those games so ill have to take your word on it.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 8:56 a.m.
Quoting: Billy739
You have the Season tickets? I did
Most every Artlicle ive checked printed before the 2011 draft say LW and occasionally LW/C not C/LW.
You can believe what you want i physically was there , you were not .

Only Articles posted after the draft list him as Center with no winger designation.
It wasnt until he joined CHI they had him moved back on Center on special teams only
Each of his last two years including his busy Senior year CHI brought Danault up to their AHL team for Training Camp and 5-7 games later send him down

This is like when Mccarron drafted a winger expected to joing the NCAA met with Bergavin then decided he wanted to be a Center and joing Canadian Junior.
Despite being Listed as a Center Mccarron until Injuries afforded him the option to actually played wing most of the year until before the playoffs where he went on a Memorial cup run.

Not the same situation career wise just the way their teams made calls about their development i'd call poor judgement
Both MTL and Danault lost out on their 1st rounders due to poor judgement but atleast CHI made a profit first no matter how small.
We lost Big Mac for squat and now he plays for NSH as their 4th line C last i checked

Far as Bedard goes i just know what i see vs his peers when he plays at the highest levels
His coaches dont see him as a skilled enough Center to replace Dach instead calling on Beck
If he was a strong enough Center he would have been the far more logical choice over Owen Beck a Reserve player

Unlike Danault he probably does play Center for his Junior team.
I didnt attend those games so ill have to take your word on it.

lol. Cool story. But they are both centers. You can just look anywhere on the internet to easily find that information in the form of line combinations, depth charts, player profiles, and video. Bedard didn't play center in the last WJC-20 only because Hockey Canada wanted him in the top of the lineup and had older players already at center. You don't need to attend games to get this information. Maybe MTL had Danault on the wing in his time there, but that just means they weren't utilizing him properly or had a better option to take faceoffs.
Billy739 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 9:27 a.m.
Hawks Fan
Korchinski has to play in the NHL next season or else he has to go back to Junior. The AHL isn't an option for him. Maybe a few games, but they'll be forced to send him down at a certain point if they aren't going to keep him in the NHL.

Why does Korchinski need to be in NHL? Is there a rule he can’t go AHL or is this just your opinion?
Garak liked this.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 9:37 a.m.
Why does Korchinski need to be in NHL? Is there a rule he can’t go AHL or is this just your opinion?

Yeah its a rule. I think it's something like, if they are under 20 they have to go back to their junior club if they don't stick at the NHL level. The junior clubs invest a lot in their rosters too, and they want to hang on to their players as long as they can. So, the agreement was reached to set an age limit. I'm not positive on all the details, though. He won't even be 20 until June 2025. So, the soonest he could play in the AHL is the 2025-2026 season. Which, he should be in the NHL by then anyway. So, I don't think he'll see much, if any, of the AHL.
Jco5ta5 and Logan03 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 11:12 a.m.
Hawks Fan
Yeah its a rule. I think it's something like, if they are under 20 they have to go back to their junior club if they don't stick at the NHL level. The junior clubs invest a lot in their rosters too, and they want to hang on to their players as long as they can. So, the agreement was reached to set an age limit. I'm not positive on all the details, though. He won't even be 20 until June 2025. So, the soonest he could play in the AHL is the 2025-2026 season. Which, he should be in the NHL by then anyway. So, I don't think he'll see much, if any, of the AHL.

Ah. I thought the age limit was 19.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
Ah. I thought the age limit was 19.

It may be 19. But even so, he won't be 19 until after next season is over.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 11:55 a.m.
Hawks Fan

No bud, he turns 19 this July. Which means if the age limit for AHL is 19, he's eligible next season.

I also found this on the googlewebs... "What is the minimum age for an AHL player? Per the AHL's By-Laws, the age limit for eligibility to compete in the American Hockey League is 18 years or over, on or before September 15 of each season of competition."

But, I believe this is wrong. I think for things like rehab/conditioning stints you can be 18 (like Dach, Shane Wright) but to be a fulltime player its 19. Anyway I'm at work and can't look into it right now lol
Garak liked this.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 11:57 a.m.
Hawks Fan

Ok fine I googlized it...

"So where does the AHL’s oft-cited “20-year-old player rule” come in? This rule is based on the NHL and CHL Agreement, which states a signed player aged 18 or 19 who was claimed from a CHL club and is not retained by the NHL club, must be assigned to the CHL junior club whom he last played for or owes a contractual obligation.

In 1979, the National Hockey lowered the draft eligibility age over a two-year period from 20 to the present-day 18 (with the birthday cut off set at Sept. 15 of the draft’s calendar year). Concurrently, in order to keep CHL teams strong both on the ice and at the box office, CHL players under 20 whose NHL rightsholder deemed not quite ready for the NHL were required to return to their Canadian major junior team rather than playing in the AHL during the season.

Those basic requirements have held in place ever since. However, for young players signed out of Europe or collegiate players who give up their remaining NCAA eligibility in order to sign an NHL entry-level contract or AHL minor league contract, the minimum age to play in the AHL is 18."
Garak liked this.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 12:04 p.m.
No bud, he turns 19 this July. Which means if the age limit for AHL is 19, he's eligible next season.

I also found this on the googlewebs... "What is the minimum age for an AHL player? Per the AHL's By-Laws, the age limit for eligibility to compete in the American Hockey League is 18 years or over, on or before September 15 of each season of competition."

But, I believe this is wrong. I think for things like rehab/conditioning stints you can be 18 (like Dach, Shane Wright) but to be a fulltime player its 19. Anyway I'm at work and can't look into it right now lol

Yes. A player can play in the AHL at 18 years old. But it's about the junior team that owns his rights and their RIGHT to reclaim him if he isn't playing in the NHL.

And with a quick google search I found it.

Per an agreement with the NHL, under-20 players taken out of the WHL, OHL or QMJHL must be returned to their junior teams if they don't stick in the NHL. They aren't eligible for the AHL until they turn 20.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 12:04 p.m.
Ok fine I googlized it...

"So where does the AHL’s oft-cited “20-year-old player rule” come in? This rule is based on the NHL and CHL Agreement, which states a signed player aged 18 or 19 who was claimed from a CHL club and is not retained by the NHL club, must be assigned to the CHL junior club whom he last played for or owes a contractual obligation.

In 1979, the National Hockey lowered the draft eligibility age over a two-year period from 20 to the present-day 18 (with the birthday cut off set at Sept. 15 of the draft’s calendar year). Concurrently, in order to keep CHL teams strong both on the ice and at the box office, CHL players under 20 whose NHL rightsholder deemed not quite ready for the NHL were required to return to their Canadian major junior team rather than playing in the AHL during the season.

Those basic requirements have held in place ever since. However, for young players signed out of Europe or collegiate players who give up their remaining NCAA eligibility in order to sign an NHL entry-level contract or AHL minor league contract, the minimum age to play in the AHL is 18."

Oh. There ya go. haha. I also googled it. Just didn't care to get the exact wording earlier. But I knew it was a rule.
Jco5ta5 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 12:32 p.m.
Hawks Fan
Per an agreement with the NHL, under-20 players taken out of the WHL, OHL or QMJHL must be returned to their junior teams if they don't stick in the NHL. They aren't eligible for the AHL until they turn 20.

I know it's more of a rare occurrence but for players who outgrow the CHL but aren't good enough for the NHL have nowhere to go. I wonder if teams would ever consider a loan to Liiga or something. Shane Wright clearly doesn't belong in the OHL right now and clearly doesn't belong on Seattle.
Garak and Billy739 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 12:53 p.m.
I know it's more of a rare occurrence but for players who outgrow the CHL but aren't good enough for the NHL have nowhere to go. I wonder if teams would ever consider a loan to Liiga or something. Shane Wright clearly doesn't belong in the OHL right now and clearly doesn't belong on Seattle.

Yeah. Idk... I'm sure it is something they have the option to do if the player or the NHL force the subject and come to some sort of agreement with the CHL teams GM. But CHL GM's want their teams to be good too. So they will hang onto players as long as they can.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Billy739

Sadly no their current deal is more of a 1 way deal.
NHL and AHL are tied together so they see it as a conflict to help facilitate players leaving.

Wish it wasnt true ,but it is.
Otherwise they'd have 2 way deals like most of Europe's leagues do and NHL do with all North American Leagues.
Jco5ta5 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll