Forums/Armchair-GM

Well habs fan would you do this? Hear me out in the di scription

Created by: Dylan1995
Team: 2017-18 Edmonton Oilers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 14, 2017
Published: Jun. 14, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Galchenyuk had a off year and Montreal management has been miss treating him. I think a RNH for galchenyuk would work nuge is the better defensive centre and would look amazing centring paches and radulov! Also eberle for Gallagher. Eberle production is better then Gallagher and his contract ends when Price's contract ends giving them more cap room to work with his extension the first is sent strictly because Gallagher contract is longer
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$4,000,000
5$6,700,000
3$1,850,000
2$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$3,750,000
2$1,000,000
1$1,000,000
Trades
EDM
  1. Gallagher, Brendan
  2. 2017 2nd round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
Rights to Galchenyuk
MTL
  1. Eberle, Jordan
  2. Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
  3. 2017 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
    Expansion draft pick
    Buyouts
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$73,000,000$55,246,998$825,000$7,525,000$17,753,002
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $6,700,000$6,700,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 8
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,800,000$1,800,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA
    $1,850,000$1,850,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,167,000$4,167,000
    LD
    UFA - 6
    $4,166,666$4,166,666
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $4,166,666$4,166,666
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    $900,000$900,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LD/RD
    NMC
    UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 14, 2017 at 7:07 p.m.
    Im a habs fan Galchenyuk is far better then RNH. I would also rather have Gally then Eberle(no heart). Awful deal for the habs no real habs fan would ever take this deal.
    Jun. 14, 2017 at 7:37 p.m.
    GM Game v1 v2
    Hmmm, it's a good start! But I wouldn't accept it as is.

For example, Gallagher's recent 82-games pace goal totals (13, 29, 24) are almost identical to Eberle's (20, 29, 24), except for one down year this season. Gallagher's compete level and playoff record is way significant to Eberle's, and he's quite often described league-round as a coach's dream in terms of his work ethic and feistiness. So I'd say Gallagher is likely a little more valuable than Eberle, purely as a player. However, when you factor in contract considerations, that's where the real concern shows. Gallagher is signed to a very team-friendly long-term contract, while Eberle is signed to a very non-team-friendly short-term contract.

Essentially, we're going to be giving long-term good for short-term less-good. After two years, we won't have the space to re-sign Eberle to the size of contract he's used to, though we will still have space for Gallagher if we weren't to trade him, even with Price's contract coming up.

As for Galchenyuk for RNH, I would personally prefer to keep Galchenyuk and properly develop him into a center, but that doesn't seem to be what management wants. So assuming a trade is inevitable, I would be lukewarm to this trade. Galchenyuk has 1 more point than RNH in 21 less games. That's a significant leap... In a one-for-one, we would lose the trade

Anyway, back to the trade you proposed. I did say it's a good start, so here's a counter-offer:

MTL Gives:
    Andrew Shaw (Half salary retained over 2 years: 1.95M per year, total 3.9M retained)
    Brendan Gallagher
    Alex Galchenyuk
    Michael McNiven (elite goaltending prospect, which you lack)
    2017 2nd round pick

EDM Gives:
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    Jordan Eberle
    Jesse Puljujarvi

So, what's your reply to this? I'm well aware of the value you place on Puljujarvi, as am I aware of your absolute need to dump Eberle to clear space for McDavid, Maroon, Nurse, Shlepychev, Benning, Caggiula.
    [I mean it all in good fun. Happy Armchair-GM-ing! smile ]
    Jun. 14, 2017 at 7:42 p.m.
    Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup

For example, Gallagher's recent 82-games pace goal totals (13, 29, 24) are almost identical to Eberle's (20, 29, 24), except for one down year this season. Gallagher's compete level and playoff record is way significant to Eberle's, and he's quite often described league-round as a coach's dream in terms of his work ethic and feistiness. So I'd say Gallagher is likely a little more valuable than Eberle, purely as a player. However, when you factor in contract considerations, that's where the real concern shows. Gallagher is signed to a very team-friendly long-term contract, while Eberle is signed to a very non-team-friendly short-term contract.

Essentially, we're going to be giving long-term good for short-term less-good. After two years, we won't have the space to re-sign Eberle to the size of contract he's used to, though we will still have space for Gallagher if we weren't to trade him, even with Price's contract coming up.

As for Galchenyuk for RNH, I would personally prefer to keep Galchenyuk and properly develop him into a center, but that doesn't seem to be what management wants. So assuming a trade is inevitable, I would be lukewarm to this trade. Galchenyuk has 1 more point than RNH in 21 less games. That's a significant leap... In a one-for-one, we would lose the trade

Anyway, back to the trade you proposed. I did say it's a good start, so here's a counter-offer:

MTL Gives:
    Andrew Shaw (Half salary retained over 2 years: 1.95M per year, total 3.9M retained)
    Brendan Gallagher
    Alex Galchenyuk
    2017 2nd round pick

EDM Gives:
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    Jordan Eberle
    Jesse Puljujarvi

So, what's your reply to this? I'm well aware of the value you place on Puljujarvi, as am I aware of your absolute need to dump Eberle to clear space for McDavid, Maroon, Nurse, Shlepychev, Benning, Caggiula.

Damn that is quite the offer but I do value pool party very highly. I'm not sure if I'd exactly do that trade but it is all in good fun
    We_Want_The_Cup liked this.
    Jun. 14, 2017 at 8:58 p.m.

MTL Gives:
    Brendan Gallagher
    Alex Galchenyuk
    2017 2nd round pick

EDM Gives:
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    Jordan Eberle
    Jesse Puljujarvi

DONT TOUCH POOLPARTY. Besides that I like your idea from am oilers fan
    Jun. 14, 2017 at 9:08 p.m.

MTL Gives:
    Brendan Gallagher
    Alex Galchenyuk
    2017 2nd round pick

EDM Gives:
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    Jordan Eberle
    Jesse Puljujarvi

I would honestly put the chances of getting traded lower for Puljujarvi than Draisaitl. He's just simply too important because the Oilers RW depth from NHL all the way to CHL is absolute trash.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll