Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 31, 2023 at 6:54 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
What bias? Were comparing a ~ppg 2-way dominant 1st line center vs an 85-90 point offensive winger. Factor in cap hits and value swings evan more.

Maybe think about it from a different perspective. Lets say hypothetically Matthews didn't play for the leafs and your center depth was Tavares - ROR - Kerfoot. Would you trade Tavares for Panarin? The Flames simply do not have a 1C if you remove Lindholm, he is also on a fantastic deal and was a Selke finalist just last year. So logically it makes zero sense to trade their 1C for a winger and cap wise it makes zero sense either

Ppg center? Not anymore sir
Mar. 31, 2023 at 7:44 a.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
Ppg center? Not anymore sir

Alright so hypothetically speaking Matthews contract actually ends a year early and he walks as a free agent, and Marner asks to New York and in return Toronto gets Panarin and like Trouba. Then the Leafs sign Ryan Nugent Hopkins (again hypothetical so assume he's a free agent in this thought experiment). Do you think Nylander would have instant chemistry with his new team mates and still produce at the same rate? Or do you think there would be an adjustment period and he would have a bit of a fall off?
Mar. 31, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Rip
Alright so hypothetically speaking Matthews contract actually ends a year early and he walks as a free agent, and Marner asks to New York and in return Toronto gets Panarin and like Trouba. Then the Leafs sign Ryan Nugent Hopkins (again hypothetical so assume he's a free agent in this thought experiment). Do you think Nylander would have instant chemistry with his new team mates and still produce at the same rate? Or do you think there would be an adjustment period and he would have a bit of a fall off?

Nylander bounces all over the lineup and still produces. He doesn't just get points off the shoulders of Matthews or Marner. He rarely plays with Marner apart from the PP which likely hurts his production since he loses points to the other great players he plays with on the PP and at 5v5 he just goes out and gets it done.

It's so clear that you hate the leafs man. Lindholm is a good player no doubt but he's a 60 point player unless his linemates contribute major major major points to his stat sheet. He isn't getting that this year and is a 60 point player. Which is a good player to have but he's no superstar. End of debate.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:24 p.m.
Nylander bounces all over the lineup and still produces. He doesn't just get points off the shoulders of Matthews or Marner. He rarely plays with Marner apart from the PP which likely hurts his production since he loses points to the other great players he plays with on the PP and at 5v5 he just goes out and gets it done.

It's so clear that you hate the leafs man. Lindholm is a good player no doubt but he's a 60 point player unless his linemates contribute major major major points to his stat sheet. He isn't getting that this year and is a 60 point player. Which is a good player to have but he's no superstar. End of debate.

Honestly I feel bad for you. Completely incapable of thinking for yourself and nothing else matters but the score sheet.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:26 p.m.
Rip
Honestly I feel bad for you. Completely incapable of thinking for yourself and nothing else matters but the score sheet.

Lol of course an Albertan says that. "Think for yourself!" Whenever anyone disagrees with any of the nonsense you are peddling.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:07 p.m.
Lol of course an Albertan says that. "Think for yourself!" Whenever anyone disagrees with any of the nonsense you are peddling.

Im not Albertan lol. I've lived in Ontario my entire life and have no relatives from Alberta. I'm also not telling you to think for yourself, I'm saying you are incapable of comprehending something like the hypothetical I mentioned above. The fact that you think there would be zero ripple effect from a change that massive. The fact that you hold zero value in defensive play or position and points are all that matter. It really shows that all you can do is read a score sheet
Apr. 1, 2023 at 8:54 a.m.
Rip
Im not Albertan lol. I've lived in Ontario my entire life and have no relatives from Alberta. I'm also not telling you to think for yourself, I'm saying you are incapable of comprehending something like the hypothetical I mentioned above. The fact that you think there would be zero ripple effect from a change that massive. The fact that you hold zero value in defensive play or position and points are all that matter. It really shows that all you can do is read a score sheet

Sir you consistently bash the leafs and everything Flames is the best regardless of results, stats or reality. It's a pattern of behavior. I have watched enough hockey to see Nylander is a better player than Lindholm. This is just silly.
Apr. 1, 2023 at 9:05 a.m.
Rip

Also the lack of scoring has been Calgary's Achilles heel all season. A game breaker offensive player is exactly what you need. But not anyone who's a leaf eh?
Apr. 1, 2023 at 10:55 a.m.
Sir you consistently bash the leafs and everything Flames is the best regardless of results, stats or reality. It's a pattern of behavior. I have watched enough hockey to see Nylander is a better player than Lindholm. This is just silly.

Also the lack of scoring has been Calgary's Achilles heel all season. A game breaker offensive player is exactly what you need. But not anyone who's a leaf eh?

1. When have I ever bashed the leafs? You have a huge habit of turning everything I say into constant negative opinions of the leafs. For example there was an LA ACGM about if Matthews hit free agency and them signing him. It was purely hypothetical and you spent the entire thread saying "Matthews will never leave, you just hate the Leafs." Hell it wasn't even my thread.

2. I have been bashing Sutter's line choices for weeks now and am hoping he is gone next year. I think the team is still quite good but his shot volume > shot quality system plus constant pressure on the team is not good for the players.

3. You still don't hold any value for defensive play at all. Saying Nylander is a better player than Lindholm is like saying Tage Thompson is better than Bergeron. Willy is certainly the better player offensively than Elias but there is a lot more to hockey than just points.

4. Calgary's lack of scoring has significantly more to do with Sutter's system and the massive change in personal last summer. The Flames despite their current standing are still 2nd in the league in 5v5 Shots For per 60 and 3rd in Shots Against. Thats because such a substantial amount of their shots on net come from the perimeter. Sutter's system is all about getting more shots over getting quality shots, and he runs that system with a very strict policy, you don't follow it you get benched or scratched.

5. Nylander is a good hockey player but far from game breaking, he's cut from the same cloth as players like Meier, Fiala, and Kyrou. Just like how Huberdeau say a fall off in production under Sutter, so would Nylander. I've also already said this in this thread, Calgary is extremely tight on cap next year so trading your 1C for a more expensive non-center is just stupid.
Apr. 1, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.
Rip
1. When have I ever bashed the leafs? You have a huge habit of turning everything I say into constant negative opinions of the leafs. For example there was an LA ACGM about if Matthews hit free agency and them signing him. It was purely hypothetical and you spent the entire thread saying "Matthews will never leave, you just hate the Leafs." Hell it wasn't even my thread.

2. I have been bashing Sutter's line choices for weeks now and am hoping he is gone next year. I think the team is still quite good but his shot volume > shot quality system plus constant pressure on the team is not good for the players.

3. You still don't hold any value for defensive play at all. Saying Nylander is a better player than Lindholm is like saying Tage Thompson is better than Bergeron. Willy is certainly the better player offensively than Elias but there is a lot more to hockey than just points.

4. Calgary's lack of scoring has significantly more to do with Sutter's system and the massive change in personal last summer. The Flames despite their current standing are still 2nd in the league in 5v5 Shots For per 60 and 3rd in Shots Against. Thats because such a substantial amount of their shots on net come from the perimeter. Sutter's system is all about getting more shots over getting quality shots, and he runs that system with a very strict policy, you don't follow it you get benched or scratched.

5. Nylander is a good hockey player but far from game breaking, he's cut from the same cloth as players like Meier, Fiala, and Kyrou. Just like how Huberdeau say a fall off in production under Sutter, so would Nylander. I've also already said this in this thread, Calgary is extremely tight on cap next year so trading your 1C for a more expensive non-center is just stupid.

Bias all heavily biased in favor of Calgary and heavily against the leafs. Every bit of that. There is no rational conversation here.
Apr. 1, 2023 at 11:01 p.m.
Bias all heavily biased in favor of Calgary and heavily against the leafs. Every bit of that. There is no rational conversation here.

Lmao you didn't even bother to read what I said at all. Juwt block me if ai piss you off so much
Apr. 2, 2023 at 1:23 a.m.
Rip
Lmao you didn't even bother to read what I said at all. Juwt block me if ai piss you off so much

Cool story

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll