SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock draft

Mock draft

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: IconicHawk
Published: Apr. 7, 2023 at 5:06 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I legitimately think there’s nothing left I can cover of him, he’s just built differently
2Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus is in a franchise centre crisis and they failed to land Bedard, fortunately though they land the next best thing in this draft besides Bedard in Adam Fantilli
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Now this is where the interesting part in the draft comes in. Carlsson or Michkov. Hopefully Kyle Davidson isn’t drunk when making this decision like his other moves. But I mean he did decently last draft so hopefully he does great. How to do so? Get our new franchise centre instead of a winger when we’re literally full of them. I even posted a whole page why Chicago shouldn’t draft Michkov
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Sharks fans can b*tch about how Mike Grier wants size in his forwards but come one, when your as good as Michkov is size is irrelevant
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-After the top 4 I think anything can happen so I doubt any of these picks will end up happening but enjoy. I won’t give explanations instead I’d like to hear what people on this site would do
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
8Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
9Logo of the Washington Capitals-
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
11Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senators
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-
16Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
17Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida Panthers
18Logo of the Calgary Flames-
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
21Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
23Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Dallas Stars
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
26Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
27Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
28Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the New York Rangers
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
30Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
32Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
Apr. 7, 2023 at 5:32 p.m.
Hoping that AZ will finally get some lottery luck this year. They have never had it in the past so toes crossed.

If they do wind up in the 5-8 range I would expect them to take Will Smith.
With the Sens pick at about 10-12 I would hope that Sandin Pellikka or Reinbacher are available. I am also really high on Dragicevic, his underlying numbers indicate that he could be a massive draft steal in the 20s but a reach that would pay off in the 10-15 range.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 5:52 p.m.
mokumboi
I cannot imagine the Blues wanting Brindley. They'd much rather have Honzek or Price, I suspect. The other two picks are solid enough.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 7:11 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: mokumboi
I cannot imagine the Blues wanting Brindley. They'd much rather have Honzek or Price, I suspect. The other two picks are solid enough.

I was originally gonna have them taking Price but then I thought about it and I doubt they’d take two left shot defensemen so I stuck one more centre in there considering there weren’t many right shot d men left on the table

It’s nice to have other people’s intake because after pick 5 I feel this draft could go multiple directions
mokumboi liked this.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 7:37 p.m.
Flood Geologist
I wonder if the Habs end up picking 5th if they would stretch and take Reinbacher; in the prospect pool they are probably weakest at RD ... and the size issue comes up once again for them although Caufield has proven everyone wrong on that
Apr. 7, 2023 at 8:25 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: MountRoyal
I wonder if the Habs end up picking 5th if they would stretch and take Reinbacher; in the prospect pool they are probably weakest at RD ... and the size issue comes up once again for them although Caufield has proven everyone wrong on that

That’s not impossible either although Reinbacher lacks consistency
MountRoyal liked this.
Apr. 8, 2023 at 2:39 a.m.
Future Norris guy
Detroit would take Moore over Yager.
Apr. 8, 2023 at 4:15 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: IconicHawk
I was originally gonna have them taking Price but then I thought about it and I doubt they’d take two left shot defensemen so I stuck one more centre in there considering there weren’t many right shot d men left on the table

It’s nice to have other people’s intake because after pick 5 I feel this draft could go multiple directions

There's no reason they can't take two LDs. As for Brindley, the Blues don't tend to favor tiny centers. They like some trucks down the middle.
Apr. 8, 2023 at 7:43 a.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: mokumboi
There's no reason they can't take two LDs. As for Brindley, the Blues don't tend to favor tiny centers. They like some trucks down the middle.

Sounds fair
mokumboi liked this.
Apr. 9, 2023 at 9:25 a.m.
Quoting: MountRoyal

I like Benson at #5, However I am hoping they move up in the draft, Winning would be sweet, but 2nd would be nice. Hopefully not 3rd, thats been like our worst picks LOL....Here's what I think the Habs will do. (if they are smart), Florida pick will be traded, along with Roster player for a higher 1st rd pick. Teams like Washington Ottawa, even Buffalo, or Vancouver(claims in a re-tool, not reuild) are not in rebuild modes, should any of those teams move up after the draft lottery, or keep their current standing, they may move their pick to improve their roster and just take a later 1st rd pick. Like Washington may swap picks with Habs for the Florida pick and Say Dvorak (to replace loss of Eller), or Maybe Edmundson.....That is kind of how I see it, Habs were looking to move players but injuries happened, so Draft Day I would expect see Habs make a bold move and try to get 2 top 10 .
MountRoyal liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll