SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

4/10/23 with desctiption

4/10/23 with desctiption

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: AlliDOisBleedBlue
Published: Apr. 10, 2023 at 11:50 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks (2→1)
  2. Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks (1→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-A pick that speeds up the Ducks rebuild two years but this might be the one place to draft CB without having him up next year.
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago takes the most pro ready player as a consolation prize.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus still grabs a high end center to put in between Laine and JG
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-With the sharks nowhere near contending they can wait for Michkov
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I think what it comes down to is Montreal really need a RHD but picking at #5 there is no way they can pick one. Will Smith gives them a 1-2 Center combo for the next decade.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Clear cut #6 player
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Next four picks are down to Yager, Moore, Sandin Pellikka and Reinbacher
8Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Its a reach for Vancouver for sure but it IS what they need
9Logo of the Washington Capitals-Washington add the best offensive dman in the draft
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Blues need a center, Dvorksy looks like the better player now but I think I'd take Yager in the long haul
11Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Detroit adds a player with speed to play with Larkin.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsHaving already landed Bensons offensive upside they look to replace JC.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo stays the course with lanky players with good shots.
14Logo of the Nashville Predators-Cristall has too much offensive upside to pass here
15Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersMontreal needs a RHD but the guys they will be interested in probably won't be available at 15. They have some solid prospect wingers but are lighter on Centers.
16Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Sale is a player that will be able to play with the penguins top two lines sooner rather than later
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersAnother team that could go defense but not at 17. I can see the wings grabing a player like Barlow after taking Leonard at 11.
18Logo of the Calgary Flames-Flames could probably use a little bit of everything but Heidt and Dragicevic would be very tempting for them.
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Jets add a highly offensive RHD
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle grabs a big winger
21Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningBased on history this is probably going to be where the Blues Draft. I
22Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Colorado is playing the jets so one team will make it past this point so I see this pick going to the Kings/Columbus. I can see the Blue Jackets grabbing another center here or a Dman.
23Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota vs Dallas could go either way, this could also be the second blues pick based on matchups. Wild take But, Blues take Perreault, Rangers take Perreault
24Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Dallas Stars
25Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersNashville grabs a like for like replacement
26Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles KingsThis is probably where Tampa bay would be picking so I can see them grabbing Brindley
27Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsI can see the Rangers using this pick from Dallas stars on
28Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the New York RangersI see the Devils being in this slot and the Sharks grabbing Gauthier
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas grabs a future top four Dman
30Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsCarolina picking at 30 they grab the big man with Stramel
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Avalanche add a high upside forward
32Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsToronto grabs a DMAN
Apr. 10, 2023 at 11:54 p.m.
Ghost
not that anyone cares but I certainly know how to spell description, keyboard got stuck....
Apr. 11, 2023 at 4:01 a.m.
mokumboi
The Blues are not leaving the 1st round without taking a D-man, and I can't think of any reason to take Perrault over Price/Lindstein/Simishev. I dunno, man, I just want the damn thing to hurry up and get here.
Apr. 11, 2023 at 8:46 a.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: mokumboi
The Blues are not leaving the 1st round without taking a D-man, and I can't think of any reason to take Perrault over Price/Lindstein/Simishev. I dunno, man, I just want the damn thing to hurry up and get here.

Dmitri Simashev: Am I joke to you?
Apr. 11, 2023 at 9:46 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
I don't exactly know where I fall on the defensemen, but I can't deny the appeal of a Sandin+Sandin-Pelikka pairing based on name alone
GM_MZ_WSH liked this.
Apr. 11, 2023 at 10:03 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: IconicHawk
Dmitri Simashev: Am I joke to you?

Heh. Let me promise you that I have done more than enough correct spelling of Russian names, in both English and Russian, to be forgiven just this once. squinty smile
Apr. 11, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
Is Ethan Gaither really a better Prospect than Kohen Zeimmer? Not arguing just asking?
Sharkie69 liked this.
Apr. 11, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
Ghost
Edited Apr. 11, 2023 at 7:13 p.m.
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
Is Ethan Gaither really a better Prospect than Kohen Zeimmer? Not arguing just asking?

I admit I look at players that show up in tournaments with more upside. Ziemmer is a big strong winger certainly capable of being a first round pick I just think Gauthier will be a higher png player
Apr. 11, 2023 at 7:04 p.m.
Quoting: AlliDOisBleedBlue
I admit I look at players that show up in tournaments with more upside. Zeimmer is a big strong winger certainly capable of being a first round pick I just think Gauthier will be a higher png player

Thanks for your input. I’ve liked the little from Zeimmer I’ve seen but I honestly am light in my Gaither research
Apr. 11, 2023 at 7:57 p.m.
Ghost
As far as not taking a dman in the first, if we have more than one pick in the top 20 I certainly hope we don’t grab a defenseman with those picks. Only ASP and Reinbacher are worth it and will probably both be taken. Outside of them Dragicevic, Simashev and Gulyayev are the only worthy first round picks. I know you are high on Price and Lindstein but I don’t think either are the perfect pairing for Parayko. Also look at next yeas draft, it’s stacked with LHD. If we have a chance to add two dynamic forwards to our prospect pool of Neighbors, Dean, Bolduc and Snuggerud, I think we should go for two centers with our picks. I went for Perrault because he’s playing on a line with Smith and Leonard and lightning it up. I’d love to see a Perrault Thomas Snuggerud line for the next decade +.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll