SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2nd time I know you hate it

2nd time I know you hate it

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Andy_Dick
Published: May 1, 2023 at 9:42 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres (13→3)
  2. Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets (2→1)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Gaudreau-Bedard would be so much fun
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Getzlaf replacement. Very quirky guy. Much needed in the Anaheim market. Zegras-Fantilli-Terry-McTavish is something else with their developping back end. I hate them, thank God they are in the West
3Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Solid, solid. High floor, guy is as close a guaranteed top6 center there is. Buffalo is building a very deep forwards corps. Thompson-Cozens-Carlsson is insane. Reminds me Crosby-Malkin-J.Staal down the middle.
4Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Matvei Michkov Hawks have a long long rebuild. They can wait. Its actually in their favour to not have talent in their lineup the next 3 years during the tank. Matvei is probably the 2nd most talented player in the draft
5Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Patrick Kane 2.0 enough said. Hawks could take him as well.
6Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Small but insane motor, creative playmaker. Serious talent needed in pipeline full of depth but no star power except for Hutson. I'm more hopeful they take him but I can see them going a little off the board as well with Reinbacher or Pellikka. RHD is a big need.
7Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Top4 D, highest floor. Little risk pick from a team that needs to start building the back end
8Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-One of the more NHL ready pros that looks like a man already. Maybe a bit high but he seems like he was made to be a Flyers player
9Logo of the Washington Capitals-Overall perfect Backstrom replaecement. Does it all
10Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I know some of you hate his skating but he has elite hands that matches anyone in the draft class. Detroit needs uber talent with so much depth on the back end but nothing elite at forward besides Raymond. Raymond-Cristall starts the building. Trade a LHD for another high end prospect and you are cooking
11Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Could be EK65 2.0. Very high upside. Blues need cost effective puck moving D badly
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Another points production machine ala Petey. Broke Auston Matthews points record t NTDP
13Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsFasting moving prospect up the draft board. Just started at U18 while scoring gold medal clinching goal. Leonard-Keller-Cooley is your all 'Merica trio.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Speed demon. They cant NOT take him
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Undeniable talent. Lighting it up in Moose Jaw with Jagger Firkus
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Size, size, size. This team wants their new Tkachuk with skill. Sale has high potential as a power forward but consistency issues.
17Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersA mammoth machine that suits what they are building with size and skill. Slaf/Dach/Wood will be scary.Gross I actually want the Leafs to win now so the pick doesnt drop to29-32
18Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersHard working and big kid that has a motor that doesnt stop. Fits in perfect into what Detroit is building with a balanced lineup that is hard to play against.
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Western Canadian boy to replace Scheifele. Heidt-Ehlers-Perfetti-Connor-Lambert are the future stars in the top6
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningI've had this guy top10. He could be that or late in the 1st. Great potential. Gulyayev the highest upside of all the D. Wild card pick
21Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Needed RHD that can move the puck. Will replace Schultz in a few years.
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Big protypical big center with lots of upside. Project for a team that is willing to wait. Minny will have a very tough cap situation the next 2 years. Retool/rebuild.Ek-Ritchie down the middle is the future.
23Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
24Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the New York Rangers
25Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Dallas Stars
26Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
27Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
May 1, 2023 at 10:19 a.m.
mokumboi
ASP - pretty sure they'd not pass on Moore to take a smallish offensive D
Price - excellent pick, very likely
Musty - I mean maybe, but I think they'd rather have someone like Bonk
kmerk12 liked this.
May 1, 2023 at 10:27 a.m.
Joe
Can't see a world where Detroit doesn't try their damnedest to trade up to get one of the two RD.
kmerk12 liked this.
May 1, 2023 at 10:30 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Can't see a world where Detroit doesn't try their damnedest to trade up to get one of the two RD.

How? We saw one trade at last years draft to move up early in 1st at 11OA with Arizona paying a late 1st @27OA and 2 2nds. This draft is too deep to move up and pay such a price.
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
May 1, 2023 at 10:49 a.m.
Joe
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
How? We saw one trade at last years draft to move up early in 1st at 11OA with Arizona paying a late 1st 27OA and 2 2nds. This draft is too deep to move up and pay such a price.

Red Wings' 2nd biggest hole is at 2RD. We have Seider and a buncha AHLers.

Getting one of Reinbacher or ASP would shorten our timeline by a year.

How? That's for Yzerman to figure out and prove me wrong.
May 1, 2023 at 10:50 a.m.
Banned
Red Wings' 2nd biggest hole is at 2RD. We have Seider and a buncha AHLers.

Getting one of Reinbacher or ASP would shorten our timeline by a year.

How? That's for Yzerman to figure out and prove me wrong.

Trade the LHD prospects for a RHD on the market like a Sean Durzi. They can address needs outside the draft and using their cap flexibility. I see Mtl doing the same. They are in the same boat.

That's why I feel the Habs could draft Reinbacher or Pellikka at 6OA. I dont see why teams would pay to move up in this draft. 1-5 I'd say is a tier above. 6-22 is so balanced and it aint worth paying the price. Just look at teams in cap struggles.
May 1, 2023 at 10:52 a.m.
Joe
Trade the LHD prospects for a RHD on the market like a Sean Durzi

I would be ecstatic if we could do that too.

Then a Moore + Barlow (or whoever is there that scores goals, this draft's order is pretty wild) draft would be beautiful.
Andy_Dick liked this.
May 1, 2023 at 10:54 a.m.
Banned
I would be ecstatic if we could do that too.

Then a Moore + Barlow (or whoever is there that scores goals, this draft's order is pretty wild) draft would be beautiful.

The Habs did it with Romanov (LHD) for Dach (big center need), essentially. The blue print is there.

I hope teams start dealing at the draft because last year was fun. They'll be a lot of Wings fans in Nashville for sure as that place has so many transients. Lets go nuts
May 1, 2023 at 10:58 a.m.
Joe
The Habs did it with Romanov (LHD) for Dach (big center need), essentially. The blue print is there.

I hope teams start dealing at the draft because last year was fun. They'll be a lot of Wings fans in Nashville for sure as that place has so many transients. Lets go nuts

Screw it. Trade everyone for 1OA; entire roster.
Andy_Dick liked this.
May 1, 2023 at 11:02 a.m.
Banned
Screw it. Trade everyone for 1OA; entire roster.

Just for the memes
May 1, 2023 at 11:05 a.m.
Joe
Just for the memes

Win the lottery, trade everyone for 2OA, 3OA
Bam. You have your three centers of the future.
Andy_Dick liked this.
May 1, 2023 at 12:19 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
ASP - pretty sure they'd not pass on Moore to take a smallish offensive D
Price - excellent pick, very likely
Musty - I mean maybe, but I think they'd rather have someone like Bonk

Agreed. Blues will take a forward with their top pick and especially target one that has potential to play center. The bottom 2 picks (if they keep both) will be to restock defensemen prospects. Simashev, Price, Bonk, Brzustewicz, Willander all come to mind according to the list available above. Simashev's my choice.

How? We saw one trade at last years draft to move up early in 1st at 11OA with Arizona paying a late 1st @27OA and 2 2nds. This draft is too deep to move up and pay such a price.

I actually think this is the reason you'll see more move up. Cost (in # of picks) would be less considering how deep the draft is as you pointed out. I can see Detroit going for a RHD, whether in this draft or outside it, they have the cap flexibility and draft capital to make it happen. I can't imagine that make all 5 picks in the top 43...
mokumboi liked this.
May 1, 2023 at 12:38 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: kmerk12
A

I actually think this is the reason you'll see more move up. Cost (in # of picks) would be less considering how deep the draft is as you pointed out. I can see Detroit going for a RHD, whether in this draft or outside it, they have the cap flexibility and draft capital to make it happen. I can't imagine that make all 5 picks in the top 43...

That is some real galaxy brain thinking indeed lol. Dont see that happening. These scouts fall in love with a half dozen prospects that will be available to them and the Gms never feel the need to pay the price needed. With analytics so prevalent these days, they use the draft value charts
kmerk12 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll