Forums/Armchair-GM

habs fans need a reality check

Created by: Hosiz
Team: 2017-18 New York Islanders
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 18, 2017
Published: Jun. 18, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
For all who actually think this is a thing- galchenyuk for leddy and beauvillier- there is a less than zero percent chance for this trade its embarrassing that people think this is a possibility. Leddy alone would cost Galchenyuk +++. Why are people thinking galchenyuk is valued so highly?? It makes no sense the guy has been told by two different coaches that he isn't and can't play center. This is the same guy who was dropped down to the habs 4th line on a team that wasn't too good offensively. His highest point total is 56 which for a winger is not worth sending a big package for at all especially when you could get eberle or jvr for what appears to be cheaper(which probably isn't the case at all considering how the habs clearly want him out and that its just the fans who for some reason think hes a superstar). I do understand he was a high pick and does have talent but the islanders especially aren't in a position to take on another guy like that they need someone who is a top 6 forward no questions asked. Galchenyuk is basically another strome with a little better of a track record.
Trades
NYI
    Galchenyuk
    MTL
    1. Nelson, Brock
    2. Wotherspoon, Parker
    3. 2017 3rd round pick (NYI)
    Additional Details:
    Why anyone would think galchenyuk's value is any higher than something near this is absolutely ridiculous
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    24$75,000,000$67,174,642$0$1,325,000$7,825,358
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RW
    UFA - 5
    $4,187,500$4,187,500
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    RW, C
    UFA - 2
    $3,300,000$3,300,000
    RW, LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,125,000$1,125,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $3,350,000$3,350,000
    C
    UFA - 4
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $612,500$612,500
    C
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    C, RW
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LD
    UFA - 5
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $2,200,000$2,200,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $3,857,143$3,857,143
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $3,333,333$3,333,333
    G
    UFA - 3
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $625,000$625,000
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:37 p.m.
    as a habs fan i wouldnt want leddy and beauvillier
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:38 p.m.
    Quoting: shabbaranks

this statement should ban you from ever watching hockey again....if you even do
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:40 p.m.
    Quoting: Hosiz

they dont help habs win a cup so why would i want them
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:52 p.m.
    Mathieu

they dont help habs win a cup so why would i want them

Beauvillier is too small and garbage. Leddy is a top 4 defenseman. Would you trade someone who has elite potential, has easily scored 30 goals and had something like 30 points in 30 games? Anyone with a brain wouldn't. So for the trade above, bergevin wouldn't accept if there was an additional first round pick. Anyone who is a fan of the islanders can't actually know hockey. They have one good player and are probably gonna lose him
    plNHL liked this.
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:53 p.m.
    Whats funny is getting all bent out of shape because of a couple Habs fans.....

Chill out. For every Galchenyuk/Beau+Leddy trades there are Pelech+Quine for Galchenyuk (Example) ones.... equally laughable but they always show up none the less. Getting frustrated at bad trades on this site is like yelling at the sky for it starting to rain.
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:55 p.m.
    Mathieu
    Quoting: F50marco

Chill out. For every Galchenyuk/Beau+Leddy trades there are Pelech+Quine for Galchenyuk (Example) ones.... equally laughable but they always show up none the less. Getting frustrated at bad trades on this site is like yelling at the sky for it starting to rain.

Ya but the thing is both those trades would be bad for mtl. I mean obviously one is closer but if islanders gm offered the second trade to bergevin, he would hang up the phone and block the number
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:58 p.m.

hahaha fair but yeah also saw it on twitter a bunch and it was just so crazy to me just wanted to try and help inform some of the fans that seem to just not get values of players in the slightest.
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:00 p.m.
    Quoting: Mathieu_savard

Ya but the thing is both those trades would be bad for mtl. I mean obviously one is closer but if islanders gm offered the second trade to bergevin, he would hang up the phone and block the number

if the islanders offered leddy and beauvillier for galchenyuk bergevin would personally drive galchenyuk to ny and pick up leddy and beauvillier and would then go into hiding because he would be wanted for theft.
    Elibrandt liked this.
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:13 p.m.
    Mathieu
    Quoting: Mathieu_savard

if the islanders offered leddy and beauvillier for galchenyuk bergevin would personally drive galchenyuk to ny and pick up leddy and beauvillier and would then go into hiding because he would be wanted for theft.

When you steal stuff that isn't worth much there isn't really a big consequence. In bergevins case he would probably be hiding from moulson because he wouldn't want to get fired from doing such a dumb trade.
    shabbaranks liked this.
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:31 p.m.
    GM Game v1 v2
    "This is the same guy who was dropped down to the habs 4th line on a team that wasn't too good offensively"

So was Pacioretty, in the same season. Yeah, the guy who scored 35 goals that very same season, and who has consistently been tic-for-tac with Ovechkin for 5v5 goals. [note: I'm not saying Pacioretty is as good as Ovechkin overall, but he's still a damn good pure goal scorer who STILL got dropped to the fourth line. Your argument is moot.]

Galchenyuk had "only" 17 goals this season as a down-season, but he had 30 goals and 20 goals the ones preceding it. If you're saying he's anything less than a 1st/2nd line winger, you clearly don't know hockey. Is he underperforming? Yes. Is he struggling at center? Definitely. Is he an "okay" player as your trade suggests? You're out of your mind.

The only thing I'll agree with is that Galchenyuk's trade value is rather low right now because of the bad season he had, but he could still fetch Leddy one-for-one (or with a 2nd round pick to sweeten). He can't fetch Leddy and Beauvillier though, that's for sure. However, if I were GM, I'd prefer to keep Galchenyuk and train/trust him at center ('cause we have major trust issues at MTL) rather than execute the Leddy trade, because I know his trade value has nothing to do with his real value. Mark my words, he'll be a superstar (*cough* he was a superstar point-per-game from mid-point of last season when they finally put him at center, all the way till mid-point this season, until the injury sidelined him *cough*)
    Mathieu_savard liked this.
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:37 p.m.
    Mathieu
    Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup
    "This is the same guy who was dropped down to the habs 4th line on a team that wasn't too good offensively"

So was Pacioretty, in the same season. Yeah, the guy who scored 35 goals that very same season, and who has consistently been tic-for-tac with Ovechkin for 5v5 goals. [note: I'm not saying Pacioretty is as good as Ovechkin overall, but he's still a damn good pure goal scorer who STILL got dropped to the fourth line. Your argument is moot.]

Galchenyuk had "only" 17 goals this season as a down-season, but he had 30 goals and 20 goals the ones preceding it. If you're saying he's anything less than a 1st/2nd line winger, you clearly don't know hockey. Is he underperforming? Yes. Is he struggling at center? Definitely. Is he an "okay" player as your trade suggests? You're out of your mind.

The only thing I'll agree with is that Galchenyuk's trade value is rather low right now because of the bad season he had, but he could still fetch Leddy one-for-one (or with a 2nd round pick to sweeten). He can't fetch Leddy and Beauvillier though, that's for sure. However, if I were GM, I'd prefer to keep Galchenyuk and train/trust him at center ('cause we have major trust issues at MTL) rather than execute the Leddy trade, because I know his trade value has nothing to do with his real value. Mark my words, he'll be a superstar (*cough* he was a superstar point-per-game from mid-point of last season when they finally put him at center, all the way till mid-point this season, until the injury sidelined him *cough*)

Chicago basically gave leddy away for a reason. He isn't that good. He just plays top two minutes so his points look like what a top 4 would have. Galchenyuk is worth way more than leddy. Bergevin wouldn't trade gallagher for leddy because he isn't stupid.
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:40 p.m.
    Underevaluating Chucky like there's no tomorrow. Have you ever watched videos of Galchenyuk highlights? The kid is a stud and was averaging a point per game for more than half the season before he got injured. Add to that a 30 goal season last year and he's only 23. Aside from forsberg he's the best forward to come out of the 2012 draft.
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 11:01 p.m.

hahaha fair but yeah also saw it on twitter a bunch and it was just so crazy to me just wanted to try and help inform some of the fans that seem to just not get values of players in the slightest.

Everyone thinks they know better than everyone else. It is what it is.

As for the actual trade, Galchenyuk may or may not be worth that but he is a uber talented player who has been developed incorrectly. Make no mistake about it, had Galchenyuk been selected by Columbus in that draft instead of Murray, he'd be number 1 center right now.

This imbecile management is terrible at developing players.
    Jun. 18, 2017 at 11:08 p.m.
    in the end screw therrien and bergiven
    Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:30 a.m.
    "Chicago basically gave leddy away for a reason. He isn't that good. He just plays top two minutes so his points look like what a top 4 would have. Galchenyuk is worth way more than leddy. Bergevin wouldn't trade gallagher for leddy because he isn't stupid."

hahahahahahaha
    Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:32 a.m.
    Great Post!
    Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:23 a.m.
    Go Habs Go
    I hadn't heard of this "rumor", but you have to account for the GM being Garth Snow.
    Galchenyuk straight up for Tavares is a possibility with that GM, and you'll be lucky if he doesn't throw Leddy in on top of it. Sticking Out Tongue

Galchenyuk for Leddy seems about right to me (not that I would do it, but I can see MB making this trade).
    If Galchenyuk is the elite winger Tavares needs and it convinces him to re-sign, it's automatically a win for NYI.
    I could see a Kulemin and Emelin swap at the same time to balance both teams' lineups back out as well.
    Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
    Habs
    THIS IS HILARIOUS : ISLANDERS YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS : GALCHENYUK IS WORTH LEDDY + BEAU + multiple picks at least ; what a joke ; LEDDY IS NOT WORTH THAT MUCH

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll