RW
UFA - 8
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LW
RFA - 3
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 1
$835,833$835,833
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$816,667$816,667
C
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
G
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 18, 2023 at 2:27 p.m.
Take out Liljegren and that package MIGHT start the conversation.

Teams won't be rushing to help Toronto shake things up, so it's unlikely they win a Marner trade as he has two years until UFA expiry.
May 18, 2023 at 2:29 p.m.
Parayko is horrible contract no? Dont think he waives nmc either bu dosent matter toronto declines
May 18, 2023 at 2:39 p.m.
As a blues fan this makes no sense. Marner is only here for 2 years and I doubt the blues are going to pay him what he wants on his next contract. Therefore it makes no sense to trade for him only to have him for 2 years
mokumboi liked this.
May 18, 2023 at 3:01 p.m.
Unless there’s some retention on Marner, Blues can’t/shouldn’t do it.
May 18, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.
mokumboi
How many times do folks need to be told firm and absolute NO to a Marner to STL swindle trade? This has passed tiring already. Move on. Please and thank you.

Quoting: EvanderKanesLawyer
Take out Liljegren and that package MIGHT start the conversation.

Hahahahaha what??? Good lord... I'll have what he's smoking.
May 18, 2023 at 3:56 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
How many times do folks need to be told firm and absolute NO to a Marner to STL swindle trade? This has passed tiring already. Move on. Please and thank you.

Hahahahaha what??? Good lord... I'll have what he's smoking.

I know you normally like to wear your blue tinted goggles most of the time but this package might start the conversation.

I don't think Marner is a fit for the blues nor do I think they should pursue him, but this doesn't get him. Especially if you think you get Liljegren back.
May 18, 2023 at 4:03 p.m.
mokumboi
I know you normally like to wear your blue tinted goggles most of the time but this package might start the conversation.

I don't think Marner is a fit for the blues nor do I think they should pursue him, but this doesn't get him. Especially if you think you get Liljegren back.

Such comedy. You should do the Catskills in August.
May 18, 2023 at 4:11 p.m.
Such comedy. You should do the Catskills in August.

Breaking news: the homer is a homer
May 18, 2023 at 4:18 p.m.
mokumboi
Edited May 18, 2023 at 4:23 p.m.
Breaking news: the homer is a homer

Riiiiight. Because I'm the only one who understands what a 23 #10 overall is worth, and I'm the only one who knows that Snuggerud is a top 15 in the league drafted prospect right now, and I'm the only one who understands that the Blues don't pay any players near 11M even if they could afford it (which they definitely cannot), and I'm the only one who understands that the Blues don;t need a winger upgrade, let alone one they need to splurge so much on so he can walk in two years. Of course, I'm part of a seemingly small minority of people here who actually watch Parayko play hockey and understand that he's also very valuable, but why bother? The other points should easily settle this matter. Oh... and Lilly, while decently good, isn;t a bona fide top 4 D-man and just got benched for the playoffs.

Maybe get a grip before you run and hide behind the homer glasses jibe. There would be no discussion, because the Blues would never so much as consider offering that package (or ANY package because they do not want an 11M winger). OBVIOUSLY.
May 18, 2023 at 4:20 p.m.
Riiiiight. Because I'm the only one who understands what a 23 #10 overall is worth, and I'm the only one who knows that Snuggerud is a top 15 in the league drafted prospect right now, and I'm the only one who keeps telling Nylander traders that he's in a walk year over and over and over again every single day here and everywhere else. Of course, I'm part of a small minority of people here who actually watch Parayko play hockey and understand that he's also very valuable, but why bother? The first two are already too much for Willy and Lilly, while decently good, isn;t a bona fide top 4 D-man and just got benched for the playoffs.

Maybe get a grip before you run and hide behind the homer glasses jibe. There would be no discussion, because the Blues would never so much as consider offering that package. OBVIOUSLY.

Liljegren, analytically, actually had a better season than Parayko did lol. Dude is overpaid and signed until he's 37. Yikes.

Very common "well my prospects are worth more" argument. I expected that from you.
A B tier prospect and the 10OA start the conversation. It doesn't net him.
May 18, 2023 at 4:26 p.m.
mokumboi
Liljegren, analytically, actually had a better season than Parayko did lol. Dude is overpaid and signed until he's 37. Yikes.

Very common "well my prospects are worth more" argument. I expected that from you.
A B tier prospect and the 10OA start the conversation. It doesn't net him.

1 - "Analytically" = never actually watches hockey. But yay, Lilly had better analytics playing sheltered minutes while Parayko played the hardest minutes of any Dman in the league. Compelling stuff!

2 - HAHAHAHA WHAT???? In what world is Snuggerud a B tier prospect? There you go again, showing off your vast NHL knowledge, which you happily pass off as fact. WOOF. B tier prospect, he says...
May 18, 2023 at 4:31 p.m.
1 - "Analytically" = never actually watches hockey. But yay, Lilly had better analytics playing sheltered minutes while Parayko played the hardest minutes of any Dman in the league. Compelling stuff!

2 - HAHAHAHA WHAT???? In what world is Snuggerud a B tier prospect? There you go again, showing off your vast NHL knowledge, which you happily pass off as fact. WOOF. B tier prospect, he says...

I'd take the player who is seven years younger, who was a bit sheltered, over the dude who's 30 and got pummeled cause he can't handle hard matchups, and is signed to a terrible contract. I think most people would.

It's pretty common for fans of teams to massively overrate their prospects. Snuggerud is a B tier prospect. Sorry if you don't like that.
May 18, 2023 at 4:40 p.m.
mokumboi

It's pretty common for fans of teams to massively overrate their prospects. Snuggerud is a B tier prospect. Sorry if you don't like that.

Apparently now giving the same exact widespread opinion as everyone with a clue = overrating prospects. Find us one pundit who has Snuggerud rated as B tier. I dare you. He was never rated B tier, and he has only skyrocketed since being taken. This is common knowledge.
May 18, 2023 at 4:42 p.m.
Apparently now giving the same exact widespread opinion as everyone with a clue = overrating prospects. Find us one pundit who has Snuggerud rated as B tier. I dare you.

"Everyone on capfriendly says it's true so that MUST be the case!"
May 18, 2023 at 4:44 p.m.
mokumboi

False. Stop trying so hard and maybe educate yourself. It;s needed.
Ennis liked this.
May 18, 2023 at 4:49 p.m.
mokumboi

Here, I'll even start you off. Wheeler just had him as the 15th rated drafted prospect in the league. IIRC, ESPN had him 11th.

"15. Jimmy Snuggerud, RW, 18 (St. Louis Blues — No. 23, 2022)
July 2022 rank: Not ranked

One of the hottest prospects in hockey, Snuggerud has gone from B-plus prospect to A-grade prospect (or close) this season.

Every piece of his game has elevated this year. Plus-shot (had that already). Plus-skill. Good enough skater. Hard on pucks. Hunts pucks. Consistently impactful. Finding ways to release and move as soon as he has made his play so that he can get open for the next one again. It’s all there right now. Add in an extra step from a standstill and he’s on an exciting path.

We all should have seen it coming, maybe, too. When I polled last year’s U.S. NTDP players for their most underrated, he was basically the unanimous answer. Given that he played on a line with Logan Cooley and Cutter Gauthier, and a team that also featured other top forwards including speedy Frank Nazar and the likable Rutger McGroarty, him flying under the radar shouldn’t surprise.

Snuggerud is a well-rounded three-zone player with a versatile offensive game who works as hard as anyone out there. His head is always up and on a swivel, even in congested areas. He’s good below the goal line and makes a lot of low-to-high plays into the slot to find cutting teammates for chances. He sticks with the play and follows shots to the net to get to rebounds, playing a determined forechecking game. He’s got a dangerous one-timer and catch-and-release wrister but he doesn’t tunnel-vision for his shot, he sees the ice well, and he can make plays back against the grain. He’s got good hands, which help him make outside-in plays to beat defenders one-on-one more than he gets credit for. He uses space well and makes a lot of plays off of his backhand.

And on top of it all he’s also got a pro frame to build upon and a June birthday that gives him good runway. With the right development, there’s a goal-scoring top-six winger there.'
May 18, 2023 at 4:56 p.m.
Here, I'll even start you off. Wheeler just had him as the 15th rated drafted prospect in the league. IIRC, ESPN had him 11th.

"15. Jimmy Snuggerud, RW, 18 (St. Louis Blues — No. 23, 2022)
July 2022 rank: Not ranked

One of the hottest prospects in hockey, Snuggerud has gone from B-plus prospect to A-grade prospect (or close) this season.

Every piece of his game has elevated this year. Plus-shot (had that already). Plus-skill. Good enough skater. Hard on pucks. Hunts pucks. Consistently impactful. Finding ways to release and move as soon as he has made his play so that he can get open for the next one again. It’s all there right now. Add in an extra step from a standstill and he’s on an exciting path.

We all should have seen it coming, maybe, too. When I polled last year’s U.S. NTDP players for their most underrated, he was basically the unanimous answer. Given that he played on a line with Logan Cooley and Cutter Gauthier, and a team that also featured other top forwards including speedy Frank Nazar and the likable Rutger McGroarty, him flying under the radar shouldn’t surprise.

Snuggerud is a well-rounded three-zone player with a versatile offensive game who works as hard as anyone out there. His head is always up and on a swivel, even in congested areas. He’s good below the goal line and makes a lot of low-to-high plays into the slot to find cutting teammates for chances. He sticks with the play and follows shots to the net to get to rebounds, playing a determined forechecking game. He’s got a dangerous one-timer and catch-and-release wrister but he doesn’t tunnel-vision for his shot, he sees the ice well, and he can make plays back against the grain. He’s got good hands, which help him make outside-in plays to beat defenders one-on-one more than he gets credit for. He uses space well and makes a lot of plays off of his backhand.

And on top of it all he’s also got a pro frame to build upon and a June birthday that gives him good runway. With the right development, there’s a goal-scoring top-six winger there.'

You know you got them upset when they start sending you paragraphs.

Dude played on a stacked college team on a line with Knies and Cooley, of course he was going to get points and look good.
I guess Gaucher being drafted ahead of him also makes him an A tier prospect? Hahahaha. Okay man. But Scott Wheeler said he's an A tier prospect??!!! No way!!

We'll see how he develops.
May 18, 2023 at 5:06 p.m.
mokumboi
You know you got them upset when they start sending you paragraphs.

Dude played on a stacked college team on a line with Knies and Cooley, of course he was going to get points and look good.
I guess Gaucher being drafted ahead of him also makes him an A tier prospect? Hahahaha. Okay man. But Scott Wheeler said he's an A tier prospect??!!! No way!!

We'll see how he develops.

Nah, dude. EVERYONE says this. And it's A+. This isn't homerism or me being upset. This is a point of order. Just accept it already.

Oh... and he's better than Knies. Snuggerud is no passenger.
May 18, 2023 at 5:08 p.m.
Oh... and he's better than Knies. Snuggerud is no passenger.

Homerism. One has already made an impact at the NHL level, one hasn't.
A bunch of dudes who make min wage writing crappy hockey articles doesn't make something true.

Breaking news once again: Most known Blues homer is a homer.
May 18, 2023 at 9:29 p.m.
mokumboi
Homerism. One has already made an impact at the NHL level, one hasn't.
A bunch of dudes who make min wage writing crappy hockey articles doesn't make something true.

Breaking news once again: Most known Blues homer is a homer.

Alex Nylander has made some impact at the NHL level, but Bedard has not = Nylander is better!

(sigh)

Enjoy your custom reality. Good luck with all that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll