Forums/Mock-Draft

Post-Provorov Trade 3-Round Mock

Post-Provorov Trade 3-Round Mock

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: the1tab
Published: Jun. 7, 2023 at 1:01 p.m.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 3:26 p.m.
Joe
Wings probably do not draft Simashev. Not BPA [imo] nor at a position of need.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 9:26 p.m.
redwings_13_40
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Wings probably do not draft Simashev. Not BPA [imo] nor at a position of need.

I'm a wings fan and draft junkie; totally understand the full LHD pipeline, but Simashev at 17 I'd go for it. He's lower floor / higher ceiling but has a lot of really great characteristics -- skating, size, transition skills... I think he might have highest ceiling of the D-men this year. If the wings feel he has a decent probability of being a top-pair guy, you take him regardless of who you have. That's a ton of value at 17 and you'd rather be able to trade overflow from your stash of good assets than have no good assets to begin with. Besides who knows what things will look like in 2-3 years at the NHL level.

That said, I 99% think Simashev goes top-15 due to the above. Worth noting Simashev also looked best late in the year / MHL playoffs, which is a classic characteristic of players that mock drafts undervalue but NHL teams adjust based on
Jun. 7, 2023 at 9:27 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: redwings_13_40
I'm a wings fan and draft junkie; totally understand the full LHD pipeline, but Simashev at 17 I'd go for it. He's lower floor / higher ceiling but has a lot of really great characteristics -- skating, size, transition skills... I think he might have highest ceiling of the D-men this year. If the wings feel he has a decent probability of being a top-pair guy, you take him regardless of who you have. That's a ton of value at 17 and you'd rather be able to trade overflow from your stash of good assets than have no good assets to begin with. Besides who knows what things will look like in 2-3 years at the NHL level.

That said, I 99% think Simashev goes top-15 due to the above

I think at 17, with Moore Perrault, or even Barlow -- you get a lot more out of that.

Simashev being a high ceiling low floor guy sounds a lot like Edvinsson and Wallinder; both of whom look like to be closer to their ceiling than floor.
aedoran liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll