$4,150,000$4,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$762,500$762,500
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 19, 2023 at 5:39 p.m.
Big Shoots
Quoting: RipNasty
Is he a play driving forward? Because by your own admission and what all Canucks fans on here say, is he produces when he has good linemates but when he's with 3rd liners he just doesn't produce. It's his linemates fault. This is the sort of logic on this site that I find truly hilarious.

Garland is not to blame for any of his faults or lack of production, but it's also not his linemates, or the coach (well until it is). Somehow no one is ever to blame and everyone on the canucks is awesome but it's the other guys fault, who? The other guys, but not those guys. Everything is somehow no one's and everyone's fault all at the same time. Makes is easy to argue that any individual player is awesome when nothing is ever their fault until you point to a different player and it's the same for them eh? Confusing? Absolutely, but this is caofriendly, self justification and bias bull**** equals reality to most of the people on here. Doesn't take a very clever person to see through this nonsense

Now you are just making up some hypothetical person. Well I know this guy from your team who says Garland is an all star if he plays on the right line. It's nonsense. He is a play driving middle six winger. He wants the puck on his stick. Name me who he played so well with? Depending on where you play up or down the lineup your role is going to change as will your production. This is a simple concept.

What does Garland need to make an excuse for ? He is a middle 6 winger. Not a top line player. He produces like a middle 6, drives play, plays defensively sound. That is who he is. His value is around 5 mil, right in line with his contract. He's also expendable. Doesn't mean he's bad or that we need to pay to trade him. Just that we have lots of wingers and need help elsewhere.

That is why I like to use the stats (which you haven't done at all) because it takes out the aspect of he said/she said, or this is who he is.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 6:06 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: BigShoots
The Canucks needed to move money out because they were at the cap. Other teams knew this. It's a game of chicken. This made every asset we had diminish in value (hypothetically). Now that we have bought out OEL we have some space. Garland is just one of the many players who I'd be willing to move to reallocate resources. That includes Beauvillier, Boeser, Kuzmenko and more. This is a numbers game rather than a player issue. Being willing to trade someone is not an indictment that they're a terrible player. In fact I think he'll do just fine wherever he goes if he is traded.

The guy who reported that was Seravelli. He's literally known as a provocateur. No one else reported it. And to the degree that that was the ask the obvious answer from the Canucks was hell no. Hence why we didn't trade him. I wonder why we didn't just pay to trade him if he is so bad. Weird.

If I'm doing the used car salesman thing, youre doing the used car buying thing. "oh so this doesn't have the seat warmers and power windows" no sir this is not a luxury car that why its so cheap.

Dreger also said the Canucks had to add sweeteners and retain on Garland and Boeser.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 6:08 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: BigShoots
Now you are just making up some hypothetical person. Well I know this guy from your team who says Garland is an all star if he plays on the right line. It's nonsense. He is a play driving middle six winger. He wants the puck on his stick. Name me who he played so well with? Depending on where you play up or down the lineup your role is going to change as will your production. This is a simple concept.

What does Garland need to make an excuse for ? He is a middle 6 winger. Not a top line player. He produces like a middle 6, drives play, plays defensively sound. That is who he is. His value is around 5 mil, right in line with his contract. He's also expendable. Doesn't mean he's bad or that we need to pay to trade him. Just that we have lots of wingers and need help elsewhere.

That is why I like to use the stats (which you haven't done at all) because it takes out the aspect of he said/she said, or this is who he is.

You yourself have mentioned linemates as an issue. Jumbo Joe or whatever his name is said as much as well. But now you guys just deny it because it hurts your argument. Spoiler alert there is no argument here. Garland is not money well spent at 5 million. End of story. There is no debate. Keep him and enjoy your 40 points and literally nothing else from him.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 8:58 p.m.
Big Shoots
Edited Jun. 19, 2023 at 9:03 p.m.
You yourself have mentioned linemates as an issue. Jumbo Joe or whatever his name is said as much as well. But now you guys just deny it because it hurts your argument. Spoiler alert there is no argument here. Garland is not money well spent at 5 million. End of story. There is no debate. Keep him and enjoy your 40 points and literally nothing else from him.

I haven't made that argument anymore than it's a given that if you play with better players you'll do better. If anything I could say it's something that he was trusted with less experienced guys on the check line.

But again you just reach your conclusion purely on feelings. You said he wasn't good defensively. Data says he is. You said he isn't good on the pp. Data says he is good on a 2nd unit. You said he's overpaid. Models that project salary based on play suggest again you're wrong. So you can just continue saying "he's not worth the money" but if you don't back it with any argument or data than what are you saying? nothing in the end. Just that you misinterpret the situation and no amount of stats could ever prove to you any different.

You act like it's this gotcha moment to say "enjoy him". We are fine keeping him if it comes to that. I love it as an argument though because it means you've got no more points to make.

Ultimately though you are just confusing the pre UFA market for the normal market. Teams with cap space aren't going to make it easy for you to clear to then compete with them for UFAs. That is the reason Garland would ever need a sweetener to trade him. You confused that to mean he isn't worth his contract. The reality is he's paid about what he deserves. Last season he was well above that and this season probably slightly below. At 27 we're not expecting a huge drop. He's a good player who most teams would want for the right price.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 9:04 p.m.
Big Shoots
Dreger also said the Canucks had to add sweeteners and retain on Garland and Boeser.

Send me the link.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll