SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft with short explanations

Mock Draft with short explanations

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Jun. 21, 2023 at 12:38 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-A no-brainer.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Second overall isn't really a lock, Smith and Carlsson are also really nice options at this spot. But yes, Fantilli would be the safe pick as he can do everything with and without the puck.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-The heavy favorite to Columbus seems to be Carlsson, but Kekalainen has scouted Smith quite a bit. I think he gets taken at this spot, Smith is such a wizard with the puck. Crafty playmaker and makes his linemates way better.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Grier really loves Smith, but Carlsson is still a nice grab at this spot. Skilled power forward who plays with size and elite offense.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal is rumored to like Leonard, Dvorsky, and Reinbacher. Out of those three, Leonard makes the most sense. Can play center and wing, but the Canadiens will put him on the wing more than likely. Comparable to Travis Konecny, Leonard plays with goal-scoring and grit.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Arizona will be the one to grab Michkov as they can wait the 3 years. Would be giving Bedard a run for his money had he have been able to play in the NHL next year.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly immediately came out after the lottery and said they want to build the team around the blue line. They are currently hardballing on Sandin-Pelikka, but if Reinbacher is available they take him instead. Heavy shutdown defender, reminds me of Alex Pietrangelo.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-MacLellan said during his end of season press conference that he wants to address the top 6 during the draft. They get a guy that can play soon in Dvorsky. Skating needs improvement, but he's an excellent 3-zone player that will solve Washington's center depth.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Here Detroit gets a guy that plays a lot like Larkin. Oliver Moore is a small, yet sturdy center that plays with speed and amazing playmaking.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-A bit of a reach, but Danielson is the best center available on my board. I don't care if Benson is still on the board, the Blues DO NOT need wingers. Danielson is an smart center who plays really well defensively.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver is rumored to have interest in Sandin-Pelikka, they get Quinn Hughes 2.0. On the small side at 5'10", but really talented offensively and possesses excellent mobility.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsArizona must grab defender regardless if its a reach or not. Willander is ranked higher than Sandin-Pelikka on my board, so this is a high upside pick for the Coyotes. Willander is a solid 3-zone presence with high-end defense.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Its sad to see the top 3 RD off-the-board for Buffalo, but Benson falling into their lap is an excellent consolation prize. Has excellent chemistry with Savoie, Benson is on the small side at 5'8" but has excellent smarts and a dual-offensive threat.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Last week during the Combine the Penguins took Yager to dinner. He will be the selection, skating needs improvement but Yager is a solid 3-zone player with incredible hockey IQ and a booming shot.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Perreault has fallen far enough. Ranked 9th on my board, point production alone Perreault is a top 10 player in this draft. Has more points than Smith but falls due to skating. He tends to often be the third back to enter the o-zone at times. Cole Perfetti type player. Will become a solid 1RW for the Predators.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary either goes power forward or playmaker. Wood is the best option at this spot, he's big and can walk through defenders. Booming shot as well. Needs to improve his agility.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersYzerman has been scouting Honzek himself, and he normally doesn't do that unless he's interested in the player. Its a big reach here, but I think Stevie Y pulls the trigger.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Barlow has fallen far enough. Winnipeg must grab a forward at this spot, Dubois and Schiefele could be traded. Barlow will give the Jets depth on the top left wing side.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningThere's been chatter that Chicago likes Daniil But, who has top 10 talent written all over. Honestly a reach, but this player will make it worth the wait.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Defenseman is a glaring need for the Kraken. They have Kartye at LW and a nice 1-2 punch in Beniers and Wright. Nothing much apart from Ryker Evans, Bonk has top 4 upside. Extremely solid puck mover, very agile, and uses his size well.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The Wild need two things: center and size. Edstrom addresses both of these issues and he also feels like a Wild in my eyes.
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles KingsGulyayev and Reinbacher would be a sick top pair to build the team around. The Russian factor forces Gulyayev to fall massively, but he has top 5 talent written all over. The fastest defender in the draft, has a booming shot as well.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-Sale would be a nice complementary piece for Othmann and Kakko. Solid playmaker, insane vision and also isn't afraid of using his size as well. Needs to work on consistency.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersNashville needs help on the right side of their defensive core, McCarthy is a guy that has top 4 upside. A lot will consider this a reach, but the defensive side alone makes McCarthy a first rounder in the draft.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsSimashev has massive upside but the Russian factor makes him fall. Like Gulyayev, Simashev has top 5 talent. But he's the opposite, Simashev is a talented defensive defender. Offense has improved, a year in the KHL will benefit his development well.
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsImagine an all Swedish line of Eklund, Wahlberg, and Carlsson? That would look sick against opposing teams.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Colorado has a gaping hole at LW and C. Centers are more valuable, while I do have Heidt higher on my board, if Ritchie develops back into the top 10 player he used to be, this could become a steal. An injury hindered his play, but once Ritchie gets healthy, he should be a dominant force offensively.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsToronto is a deep team, they can afford to wait on Cristall. Small at 5'9" but also he's slow, I mean really slow. But pure skill-wise, its high-end.
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsDefenders and centers are the way to go in this first round. I don't see the Blues keeping this pick, but if they do Lindstein will be the selection. Was once considered a top 10 pick.
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Halttunen is a guy that's been linked to Carolina for a while now. Plays a gritty and goal-scorer's game.
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersThis feels like a Kent Hughes type pick. He loves his Slovakians, Strbak plays with size and smoothness on his feet.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Congrats to Vegas on winning their first ever Cup! Even better, you guys get a home run pick in Riley Heidt!
Jun. 21, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.
I cannot see Benson falling out of the Top 10
Jun. 21, 2023 at 10:29 a.m.
I can't see the flyers taking two dmen in the first round. They need help everywhere but high end talent up front is their biggest need
Jun. 22, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Nice list, but I still cannot see Carlsson dropping out of the top 3, or Benson dropping out of the top 10. Also, who is this McCarthy dude? I have never seen him on any other mock drafts except for some of yours.
Jun. 22, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
Bedard23
But barely made my first round, I wouldn’t want Chicago to take him, under any circumstances

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll