SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(NJD/BOS) - Walsh for Bowers

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 27, 2023 at 5:12 p.m.
Quoting: FireShero
Lame answer but we'll see. This is going far back but I remember when Jacob MacDonald walked after his 55 point season in the AHL and thought the Devils blew it then.

I was kidding. There has always been a gap in how the data and how the scouts interpret Walsh’s play. It was tongue-in-cheek way of saying the data side lost that debate.
Jun. 27, 2023 at 6:09 p.m.
Quoting: Steve_Durbanofan11
Just curious and maybe someone hear can answer "what does Bowers do that makes him so acquirable?. I have seen him play twice and he was invisible both times

He was highly regarded at one time as a reliable center prospect with size. Reportedly has good "intangibles". Having a reliable AHL center who can pop in 15 goals is valuable, and I guess someone could still bank on some upside at the NHL as a cheap depth player. But AHL depth, and I'm not sure if he's over the pro-game marker to qualify as a AHL-veteran, so that's attractive.

Still surprised that's all they could get for Walsh though.
Jun. 27, 2023 at 11:12 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Ya no I understood. Either way listen, we all agreed Walsh should have been worth more than this. I just think we overestimated what a player like this is worth to NHL teams.

Young players who haven't quite made it lose most of their trade value when they lose their waivers exemption. If they bring him up to the NHL, he has to stick or they could lose him for nothing if they try to send him down.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit