Logo of the Boston Bruins
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$845,000$845,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 3
$1,950,000$1,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 7
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
RFA - 1
$1,137,500$1,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
G
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 29, 2023 at 7:44 p.m.
Pinelli is unnecessary since we have some center prospects who at least have an NHL ceiling.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 7:49 p.m.
Arvidsson for Ullmark would be a decent 1-for-1 swap. The Kings won't also downgrade from Pinelli to Spicer.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 7:52 p.m.
Quoting: JackChambers
Pinelli is unnecessary since we have some center prospects who at least have an NHL ceiling.

Pinelli would be in our top 4 prospects. I thought he looked very good for Kitchener.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 7:52 p.m.
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Arvidsson for Ullmark would be a decent 1-for-1 swap. The Kings won't also downgrade from Pinelli to Spicer.

I’d rather keep Ullmark than do that. One is a Vezina award winner. The other is a decent top 6 option. They aren’t equal. The only reason to do it is because of depth
Jun. 29, 2023 at 7:57 p.m.
Quoting: Celtics21
I’d rather keep Ullmark than do that. One is a Vezina award winner. The other is a decent top 6 option. They aren’t equal.

Goaltenders don't carry as much trade value. Vezina or not, he played behind arguably the best team in NHL history. Up until this season, he had been an average goaltender.

Arvidsson just scored 60 points after recovering from off-season back surgery on a team that historically has trouble scoring. He's also signed to a very team friendly contract.

If Pinelli is the cost, then I'd rather just trade Arvidsson for draft picks and sign someone like Varlamov on the UFA market.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:01 p.m.
Good nerd
This is a solid proposal if the B's want to be competitive, but I think it really hinges on two trades which probably won't happen.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:04 p.m.
Goaltenders don't carry as much trade value. Vezina or not, he played behind arguably the best team in NHL history. Up until this season, he had been an average goaltender.

Arvidsson just scored 60 points after recovering from off-season back surgery on a team that historically has trouble scoring. He's also signed to a very team friendly contract.

If Pinelli is the cost, then I'd rather just trade Arvidsson for draft picks and sign someone like Varlamov on the UFA market.

Feel free. Hockey trades seem like a mechanism to secure value. Salary dump trades diminish value when no money is coming back. I don’t like it, but that seems to be the case right now. Maybe that changes after the first few days of free agency once the better options are gone
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:10 p.m.
Good nerd

Given how the market looks, I'm very skeptical that LAK will get any worthwhile picks back for Arvidsson given the cap situation. The Tiffoli deal might be the comp, but the Kings have way less leverage, so I'd expect a 4th rounder or less. That is not a statement about the player's ability or the value of his contract, but rather a statement about the market. After the PLD deal, if the Kings don't free up some space, then they are priced out on even the Varly's of the world.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:11 p.m.
Quoting: tupty
This is a solid proposal if the B's want to be competitive, but I think it really hinges on two trades which probably won't happen.

Outside of trades basically reported, I have yet to see a trade likely to happen. From my perspective … if Bergeron comes back, we can create a roster that looks very competitive regardless if we keep Ullmark or not.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:14 p.m.
Good nerd
Outside of trades basically reported, I have yet to see a trade likely to happen. From my perspective … if Bergeron comes back, we can create a roster that looks very competitive regardless if we keep Ullmark or not.

I agree with this. If Bergy comes back, make a push. If he doesn't go into the shell for a year and avoid (1) trading any picks and (2) cap penalties next year, in that priority order.

I think the most likely outcome with Ullmark is a TDL trade whether or not Bergy comes back, but we shall see. Once the UFA goalie market gets going, teams will have a better sense of Ullmark's value on his current contract.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:19 p.m.
Given how the market looks, I'm very skeptical that LAK will get any worthwhile picks back for Arvidsson given the cap situation. The Tiffoli deal might be the comp, but the Kings have way less leverage, so I'd expect a 4th rounder or less. That is not a statement about the player's ability or the value of his contract, but rather a statement about the market. After the PLD deal, if the Kings don't free up some space, then they are priced out on even the Varly's of the world.

I think the Kings will move Grundstrom and Lizotte before they move Arvidsson.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:23 p.m.
I agree with this. If Bergy comes back, make a push. If he doesn't go into the shell for a year and avoid (1) trading any picks and (2) cap penalties next year, in that priority order.

I think the most likely outcome with Ullmark is a TDL trade whether or not Bergy comes back, but we shall see. Once the UFA goalie market gets going, teams will have a better sense of Ullmark's value on his current contract.

I’d prefer to wait until the trade deadline when all the teams who went cheap realize that there is only a few of those guys succeed and the rest are disasters.

I think LA could make a similar argument with Arvidssen, though this deal really solves a lot of issues for both teams.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:30 p.m.
Good nerd
I think the Kings will move Grundstrom and Lizotte before they move Arvidsson.

I'm sure there would be takers on those guys. That might free up between 1-1.5m when all is said and done. They'd still be filling in the rest of the roster with 800k-900k deals and rolling the dice in net. But that may be the best path after that PLD deal. The cap crunch really sucks for so many teams this year.
Celtics21 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:32 p.m.
I'm sure there would be takers on those guys. That might free up between 1-1.5m when all is said and done. They'd still be filling in the rest of the roster with 800k-900k deals and rolling the dice in net. But that may be the best path after that PLD deal. The cap crunch really sucks for so many teams this year.

I made an ACGM the other day that shows a 23-man roster without having to move Arvidsson or Moore.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4334213
tupty liked this.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:45 p.m.
I made an ACGM the other day that shows a 23-man roster without having to move Arvidsson or Moore.

Ultimately both the Kings and Bruins are going to have to go with young players. It just depends on where you think depth is. I love Brandon Bussi, so I’m open to an Ullmark deal and the Kings have good forward depth.

That goalie situation is pretty bad and I don’t believe Portillo is ready
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:49 p.m.
Ultimately both the Kings and Bruins are going to have to go with young players. It just depends on where you think depth is. I love Brandon Bussi, so I’m open to an Ullmark deal and the Kings have good forward depth.

That goalie situation is pretty bad and I don’t believe Portillo is ready

He's not. Portillo's just a placeholder. Could be any six-figure goaltender.

That wasn't the point of that ACGM, so I didn't want to sign someone and deal with all the "...but that guy sucks!" comments.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:49 p.m.
He's not. Portillo's just a placeholder. Could be any six-figure goaltender.

That wasn't the point of that ACGM, so I didn't want to sign someone and deal with all the "...but that guy sucks!" comments.

Jonathan Quick comes back home smile
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:51 p.m.
Jonathan Quick comes back home smile

Potentially, but I don't think the Kings will go that direction. He's supposedly linked to New York to mentor Shesterkin.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 9:37 p.m.

Arvidsson for Ullmark 1 for 1 is not a good trade for BOS. Saying Arvidsson put up 60 points on a team that has trouble scoring historically is a terrible argument, they've had a good team for a few years now, and the history of the Kings has nothing to do w Arvidssons production as a player.

Pinelli and Arvidsson is a fair trade for Ullmark, Kings need a solid starter and to shed some cap. It would also avoid LA from dealing any other assets for a retained goalie and Ullmark is definitely on a team friendly contract as well WITH 2 years left on his contract. Plus where would Pinelli fit in LA in 2-4 years?

Just to be clear, I dont think BOS should have interest in Arvidsson, but im just saying its not unfair value

Your ACGM is the most minimalistic scenario possible, throwing away Grundstrom and Lizotte anywhere for nothing, signing 5 RFAs to bizarrely low AAVs, and a tandem of Copley + cheap backup is not exactly putting together a 23 man roster
Celtics21 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 11:14 p.m.
@Celtics21 before the PLD trade I could have gotten behind a deal like this but now LA can't afford a big money goalie. It's minimum league average contracts for the Kings here on out.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 11:21 p.m.
Quoting: Socal_King
Celtics21 before the PLD trade I could have gotten behind a deal like this but now LA can't afford a big money goalie. It's minimum league average contracts for the Kings here on out.

I would have thought that the swap of Arviddsen for a young player from your system would free up the necessary cap. Like I said, I’m just looking at team depth and team needs and see a pretty good fit between the two teams. Arvidssen is a nice player and I’d view him as a short term Bruin. He’s a nice one year flyer, but getting a second solid center prospect in the system would be the goal
Jun. 29, 2023 at 11:27 p.m.
I would have thought that the swap of Arviddsen for a young player from your system would free up the necessary cap. Like I said, I’m just looking at team depth and team needs and see a pretty good fit between the two teams. Arvidssen is a nice player and I’d view him as a short term Bruin. He’s a nice one year flyer, but getting a second solid center prospect in the system would be the goal

LA can't afford Ullmark's cap even with Arvidsson gone. The Kings made their bed and are probably stuck with what they have. Now with Vilardi & Kupari gone and Turcotte still a liability with injuries. I don't feel like Pinelli is available as he is the next big time center coming up.
Jun. 30, 2023 at 1:11 a.m.
Quoting: princessTom
Arvidsson for Ullmark 1 for 1 is not a good trade for BOS. Saying Arvidsson put up 60 points on a team that has trouble scoring historically is a terrible argument, they've had a good team for a few years now, and the history of the Kings has nothing to do w Arvidssons production as a player.

Pinelli and Arvidsson is a fair trade for Ullmark, Kings need a solid starter and to shed some cap. It would also avoid LA from dealing any other assets for a retained goalie and Ullmark is definitely on a team friendly contract as well WITH 2 years left on his contract. Plus where would Pinelli fit in LA in 2-4 years?

Just to be clear, I dont think BOS should have interest in Arvidsson, but im just saying its not unfair value

Your ACGM is the most minimalistic scenario possible, throwing away Grundstrom and Lizotte anywhere for nothing, signing 5 RFAs to bizarrely low AAVs, and a tandem of Copley + cheap backup is not exactly putting together a 23 man roster

The trades for Grundstrom and Lizotte aren't anywhere for nothing. It's "anywhere for futures" (it clearly says that) that don't affect the current roster. I didn't want their trade returns to be a factor in replies, so I didn't include them.

Every single one of those RFA signings are the qualifying offer, not just "bizarrely low" arbitrary amounts. Excepting Anderson-Dolan, who was an oft healthy scratch last year, not a single one of those guys played in the NHL last season. Not sure why any one of them would expect more than their qualifying offers.

The only reason the Kings even made the playoffs last season was due to the play of Copley. He earned the chance to at least try and be the starter. The Kings started last season with Quick and Petersen, both who flamed out spectacularly, and the Kings still comfortably made the playoffs. I don't know why the Kings can't start with Copley and a six-figure veteran backup to be named later. If it doesn't work out, they can make a trade for a goaltender after American Thanksgiving.

The Kings might have had a good team for a few years now, but they have still been a poor offensive team until just this year. Last season, they were 20th in the NHL in goals. Arvidsson is one of the main reasons why they weren't at the bottom of the league again this season. So no, it's not a terrible argument. Having offensive weapons like Arvidsson is what allowed them to get out of the league basement.

I would consider Arvidsson for Ullmark, 1-for-1. Arvidsson + Pinelli for Ullmark is a hard pass from LA.
Jun. 30, 2023 at 1:49 a.m.
Edited Jun. 30, 2023 at 3:54 a.m.
I would consider Arvidsson for Ullmark, 1-for-1. Arvidsson + Pinelli for Ullmark is a hard pass from LA.

I’m not a huge fan of Arvidsson. Always a bit of concern when a player has anomaly finishing rates (same with Frederic) and I can’t see him replicating his power play production in Boston which makes him less valuable to us. He’s a useful one year rental.

Blake has done a lot of deals that make me wonder if he values some of the players as much as the fans do

I don’t see Boston considering a 1 for 1. I’m more interested in Pinelli than Arvidsson personally. I’m only including Arvidsson because LA can’t get the financials to work without him and I believe he’d be undervalued in an off-season cap dump. He would be a useful player for Boston.

I don’t view Pinelli as a great prospect, but I was impressed with him in the playoffs until his stupid suspension.
Jun. 30, 2023 at 9:54 a.m.
The trades for Grundstrom and Lizotte aren't anywhere for nothing. It's "anywhere for futures" (it clearly says that) that don't affect the current roster. I didn't want their trade returns to be a factor in replies, so I didn't include them.

Every single one of those RFA signings are the qualifying offer, not just "bizarrely low" arbitrary amounts. Excepting Anderson-Dolan, who was an oft healthy scratch last year, not a single one of those guys played in the NHL last season. Not sure why any one of them would expect more than their qualifying offers.

The only reason the Kings even made the playoffs last season was due to the play of Copley. He earned the chance to at least try and be the starter. The Kings started last season with Quick and Petersen, both who flamed out spectacularly, and the Kings still comfortably made the playoffs. I don't know why the Kings can't start with Copley and a six-figure veteran backup to be named later. If it doesn't work out, they can make a trade for a goaltender after American Thanksgiving.

The Kings might have had a good team for a few years now, but they have still been a poor offensive team until just this year. Last season, they were 20th in the NHL in goals. Arvidsson is one of the main reasons why they weren't at the bottom of the league again this season. So no, it's not a terrible argument. Having offensive weapons like Arvidsson is what allowed them to get out of the league basement.

"Anywhere for futures" indicates that you dont care where or what the return is, a 7th is in fact futures so just take that then. Dumping them anywhere for very little only relieves a couple mill at most when considering u need replacements

None of those guys need to sign their qualifying offers as most of them should make more than that, QOs are just to retain rights in most cases

If Copley is so good then stick with him and see how it turns out and if Arvidsson is some sort of saving grace in ur mind then keep him too, BOS will gladly take Turcotte/Pinelli + picks off ur hands, unless u think everyone in LAs farm is too valuable for some mid goalie...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll