SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

The New Nashville

Do you like the moves?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 30, 2023 at 3:31 p.m.
What are everyone’s thoughts on the moves NSH has made since Trotz was hired?
Jul. 5, 2023 at 2:21 p.m.
Goorts
My understanding of Trotz's plan so far:
- Hire new Coach (sure!)
- Have press conference about getting younger and taking a step back in order to move forward (I'm okay with this idea, the young guys showed promise)
- Trade Johansen to the Avs with 50% retention for literally nothing (dang, couldn't even get a pick with that much retention, but its okay, it was a lot of money and opens up a spot for the youth)
- Draft a lot of players with high upside (swing for the fences, why not try to take a few flyers as our AHL is stocked)
- Buy-out Duchene on final day of buy-out window (REALLY... you couldn't move him? he was our top point scorer last year and still puts up numbers... but now 6 years of buy-out... ugh, I hope this one pans out... but the plan is to make space for the youth... so... okay!)
- Free Agency Window Opens.... Signs O'Reilly, Schene, Nyquist (all 33 yr olds) on 4 / 3 / 2 year term contracts respectively... (You lost me Trotz. Winning culture, sure, these guys can do that... but I guess we are back to win now mode?... WTF IS HAPPENING!!!)

That's how I see it. So taking a step back was the time between he was brought on to day one of free agency... we are back to win now it seems! So yeah, WTF is the plan!
villenash liked this.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 2:46 p.m.
torontos finest
if i had to guess, the plan is probably to try and remain competitive for another season while they still have josi, forsberg and saros.

think people are becoming too obsessed with the idea of completely bottoming out the roster and trying to fire sale the entire team at the same time in order to load up on picks in 2-3 drafts. i don't think it really works often, because while you could end up lucky and acquire a franchise player that sets your team on an immediate upward trajectory, you could end up like buffalo or vancouver where you spend a long time in limbo or like detroit where the rebuild is too slow and methodical to really show any year-by-year progress. especially for a gate team like the predators, it's not really smart to spend 4-5 years in the basement.

i'm assuming the plan to is to rebuild gradually while they still have the aforementioned players on the payroll, and once they've left or been traded, play the lottery and get a couple of franchise level prospects. obviously just an outside assumption but the moves the predators have made this offseason so far indicate they're not playing to lose next season.
villenash liked this.
Jul. 6, 2023 at 9:17 a.m.
and proud of it
Yes cause I'm an Avs fan, thx for the free 2C
villenash and HockeyScotty liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 1:28 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
NSH plan to me makes no sense

I get what they are trying to do but why not keep Duchene then makes no sense

Like my concern NSH is doing what CHI did where they rush the rebuild/tool
HockeyManiac95 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register