Nylander Bag of Rocks

Created by: rhenry18
Team: 2023-24 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 3, 2023
Published: Jul. 3, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
CAR
  1. Deangelo, Anthony ($2,500,000 retained)
PHI
  1. Wall, Kevin [Reserve List]
TOR
  1. Drury, Jack
  2. Pesce, Brett
  3. 2024 3rd round pick (CAR)
CAR
  1. 2025 3rd round pick (NYR)
ARI
  1. Coghlan, Dylan [RFA Rights]
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$80,161,783$450,000$520,000$3,338,217
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 1
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 6
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,820,000$4,820,000
C
UFA - 7
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
-$825,000-$825,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,280,000$5,280,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 3, 2023 at 7:39 p.m.
Rip
A failed prospect and a 2nd pair defenceman does not get a 27 year old point a game star player with more to give.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 7:40 p.m.
rhenry18
Quoting: RipNasty
A failed prospect and a 2nd pair defenceman does not get a 27 year old point a game star player with more to give.

A PPG star that obviously doesn’t want to play in TOR without the $$
Jul. 3, 2023 at 7:44 p.m.

I think you mean an NHL player and a 1st paring defenseman on your team. The leafs are not going to get a good return for him considering they have little to no leverage in these trades considering their cap and the difference in contract negotations
rhenry18 liked this.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:01 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: rhenry18
A PPG star that obviously doesn’t want to play in TOR without the $$

Aho and Pesce must be dying to get out of Carolina eh? Weird how they haven't signed extensions yet but it's all cool but Nylander definitely wants out. All of that despite him saying he absolutely wants to stay in TO.
MitchJr liked this.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:03 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: seanrushton
I think you mean an NHL player and a 1st paring defenseman on your team. The leafs are not going to get a good return for him considering they have little to no leverage in these trades considering their cap and the difference in contract negotations

No, I mean exactly what I said. Pesce is not a 1st pair defenceman, he's a 2nd pair defenceman. Above average for sure but he's not a top pair guy. Nylander is without question a top line elite player that's worth way more than Pesce.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:11 p.m.
No, I mean exactly what I said. Pesce is not a 1st pair defenceman, he's a 2nd pair defenceman. Above average for sure but he's not a top pair guy. Nylander is without question a top line elite player that's worth way more than Pesce.

He's a first-pairing defenseman according to both the Athletics model and Jfresh's model (the last time I saw his card)... I don't what you're talking about him being a 2nd pairing defenseman
I agree that he's worth more but he's not going to get the kind of return they would optimally want considering the status of his contract negotiations
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:13 p.m.
Rip
He's a first-pairing defenseman according to both the Athletics model and Jfresh's model (the last time I saw his card)... I don't what you're talking about him being a 2nd pairing defenseman
I agree that he's worth more but he's not going to get the kind of return they would optimally want considering the status of his contract negotiations

Which is what? That they are negotiating a contract? Because that is all that's happening. Why would Carolina get what they should for Pesce or Aho? Their negotiations are going no better than Nylander's.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:16 p.m.
Which is what? That they are negotiating a contract? Because that is all that's happening. Why would Carolina get what they should for Pesce or Aho? Their negotiations are going no better than Nylander's.

According to all reports... the Aho extension is close to being done and I have no idea where the Pesce extension is. Carolina would get for they want for Pesce and Aho because they have enough cap space to have leverage over other teams and a willingness to use them as self-rentals.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:16 p.m.
rhenry18
Aho and Pesce must be dying to get out of Carolina eh? Weird how they haven't signed extensions yet but it's all cool but Nylander definitely wants out. All of that despite him saying he absolutely wants to stay in TO.

I bet Pesce does want out if he not going to get his $$ from that org, discussions arent close, same with Nylander.

Aho is ready to sign 8x9.85 according to reports. Don’t know if you just stay on this website all day or you do some actual research everyone once n a while
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:23 p.m.
Rip
According to all reports... the Aho extension is close to being done and I have no idea where the Pesce extension is. Carolina would get for they want for Pesce and Aho because they have enough cap space to have leverage over other teams and a willingness to use them as self-rentals.

Of course it's always easy for every other team eh? Get real. And all the reports on Nylander, or at least all the reliable ones say Nylander wants his deal to start with a 9 and the leafs want it to start with an 8. That's not really far apart. Willy wants to stay and the team wants him. Everything else is nonsense to fuel the fools on here who want to see TO burn. It's nothing but bs, makes no sense, is 100% transparent and you know it as well but you use it justify your dream of seeing Carolina completely screw TO.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:26 p.m.
Rip
I bet Pesce does want out if he not going to get his $$ from that org, discussions arent close, same with Nylander.

Aho is ready to sign 8x9.85 according to reports. Don’t know if you just stay on this website all day or you do some actual research everyone once n a while

That's fantastic news for the Leafs, takes a lot of wind out of Nylander's sails. He reportedly wants his contract to be in the 9's and the leafs want it in the 8's. If Aho signs in the 8's that'll take a lot of leverage away from Willy. Who once again, absolutely wants to stay in TO. All the 1 year deals Treliving is signing guys too also signifies he is planning on their extensions. The core isn't going anywhere, Shanahan has said as much. Both Matthews and Nylander will sign before the season starts.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:28 p.m.
Of course it's always easy for every other team eh? Get real. And all the reports on Nylander, or at least all the reliable ones say Nylander wants his deal to start with a 9 and the leafs want it to start with an 8. That's not really far apart. Willy wants to stay and the team wants him. Everything else is nonsense to fuel the fools on here who want to see TO burn. It's nothing but bs, makes no sense, is 100% transparent and you know it as well but you use it justify your dream of seeing Carolina completely screw TO.

I mean if they are so close why do I keep hearing about him being on the block and Nylander and the Leafs being so apart from Leafs beat reporters... when there is that much smoke there is fire. The hockey news said that Nylander wants $10m

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/news/report-contract-negotiations-between-maple-leafs-and-william-nylander-not-going-well
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:43 p.m.

I mean if they are so close why do I keep hearing about him being on the block and Nylander and the Leafs being so apart from Leafs beat reporters... when there is that much smoke there is fire. The hockey news said that Nylander wants $10m

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/news/report-contract-negotiations-between-maple-leafs-and-william-nylander-not-going-well

You canes fans are cute 😂. The difference between being a fan / player in Carolina vs being a fan / player in Toronto is about 100 reporters. Canes are a small market team where hockey - and no offense, I appreciate all hockey fans - is 4th behind nfl, college football and nba. The Leafs are the biggest market team where hockey is unquestionably #1. Rumours, innuendo, etc comes with the territory - as RIPNasty said - literally no difference between nylander & Matthews contract status and Aho, Pesce. skjei except the former play in the centre of the hockey universe where everything is blown out of proportion.
RipNasty liked this.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:45 p.m.
Rip

It's not real reporting. It's speculation. Guys saying, I feel like Nylander will ask for as much as 10 million in no way means he wants that much money. Reports on the leafs are 99% speculation and click bait. Why are their reports daily? Because morons eat it up and dream of screwing the leafs. If any of you had the ability to just ignore speculation there wouldn't be any reports.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:46 p.m.
Rip

Yup I read the report, no facts, just CJ saying what he thinks and then blowing it out of proportion to get more attention. This is how sports reporting is done these days. It's total trash
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:50 p.m.
Yup I read the report, no facts, just CJ saying what he thinks and then blowing it out of proportion to get more attention. This is how sports reporting is done these days. It's total trash

That totally might be the truth... It's hard to parse what's true with the maple leafs reporting
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:53 p.m.
It's not real reporting. It's speculation. Guys saying, I feel like Nylander will ask for as much as 10 million in no way means he wants that much money. Reports on the leafs are 99% speculation and click bait. Why are their reports daily? Because morons eat it up and dream of screwing the leafs. If any of you had the ability to just ignore speculation there wouldn't be any reports.

Everybody is out to get the Leafs is such a hilarious take laugh
Jul. 3, 2023 at 9:11 p.m.
Rip
That totally might be the truth... It's hard to parse what's true with the maple leafs reporting

Literally everything is always blown out of proportion by the TO media. It's why most you hate the leafs so much but it's also why you are a huge part of the problem. You guys eat up all the drama but root to see it come out as bad as possible. It's just a circle of bull****.
seanrushton liked this.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 9:12 p.m.
Rip
Everybody is out to get the Leafs is such a hilarious take laugh

You want to win this big, everyone on here does and you are eating up every piece of drama to fuel your desire to see it break totally in your favor. That's what you're fed and thats what drives the clicks.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll