SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Off Season Cap Compliance

Jul. 6, 2023 at 1:14 p.m.
Can anyone explain how TML can be $8.8M over the cap - isn't the off season threshold 10% (i.e. $8.35M)?
Jul. 6, 2023 at 3:36 p.m.
torontos finest
They're actually only about 3.2 million over the cap; because in the simplest terms you're able to put players on LITR during the offseason. In order to sign Max Domi, they needed to put Muzzin on LITR and draw the $3 million from that.
Jul. 6, 2023 at 3:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mondo
They're actually only about 3.2 million over the cap; because in the simplest terms you're able to put players on LITR during the offseason. In order to sign Max Domi, they needed to put Muzzin on LITR and draw the $3 million from that.

Yep and I got a feeling Murray's going to which will give them enough for a 21 man team and have Sammy at around 3-3.4m
Sep. 4, 2023 at 2:12 p.m.
Puckhead
Replying to restart this thread...

What now? My guess is they will wait to see if any injuries happen in camp? Its a tough guess but I think one or a combo of these...

Brodie goes to Chicago (for a pick), Arizona (for a pick) or Anaheim (for Vaakanainen)
Liljegren (same as above, for picks or a cheaper and bigger D)
Jarnkrok (same, for a tougher and cheaper F)

Any of those situations will come with the obvious notion that they will load up before the deadline.

Hail marry...and I doubt it...Nylander and Liljegren go for Pesce +picks in 3 way complex deal that sends Drysdale to Carolina...Leafs at some point use space and picks to get some more depth...Pesce is finally the guy who can really play (even better then Schenn) with Reilly...boom

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll