$825,000$825,000
LD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 13, 2023 at 2:01 p.m.
"Go sell ice cream!"
I'm not sure Briere would trade with PIT.
edeangel84 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 2:01 p.m.
Have to think CAR can definitely outbid PIT for Karlsson with that package. None of that is worth it for SJS outside the 1st and 2nd.
AStovetop liked this.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
CCM46
There's a snowball's chance in hell Philly trades us Konecny
Jul. 13, 2023 at 2:25 p.m.
Very good packages that give two good players back. The philly trade is interesting and out of the box. Don't listen to people on here. Within division trades do happen.

As per the EK trade, you definitely have around the right amount to get him but it might take another conditional 1st round pick or 2nd round pick. Anything more and its starting to get into overpay territory.

And losing the youth isn't a big deal i guess. It's not like Sullivan will play them anyway (he's a coach but can't coach well)
Jul. 13, 2023 at 2:54 p.m.
Quoting: ClockReads2113
Have to think CAR can definitely outbid PIT for Karlsson with that package. None of that is worth it for SJS outside the 1st and 2nd.

Not sure Pitt or Carolina is willing to do more than that to take on a big contract when everyone is up against the cap.

Also, for what it's worth, if the rumors are true Karlsson can essentially force his way to Pittsburgh if they are his preferred team. Much like Kane this past season. Pitt will still need to send value, but it may not be extreme.

That said, I think everyone knows EK is a risk due to his age and contract. Between injuries and decline in production prior to this season, there are a lot of variables to consider. Ultimately, I think SJS needs to move him coming off of this season. The last thing they want is a steep regression or a big injury and then they get stuck with 11.5 million for years.
jfkst1 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
Quoting: Penguins9387
Not sure Pitt or Carolina is willing to do more than that to take on a big contract when everyone is up against the cap.

Also, for what it's worth, if the rumors are true Karlsson can essentially force his way to Pittsburgh if they are his preferred team. Much like Kane this past season. Pitt will still need to send value, but it may not be extreme.

That said, I think everyone knows EK is a risk due to his age and contract. Between injuries and decline in production prior to this season, there are a lot of variables to consider. Ultimately, I think SJS needs to move him coming off of this season. The last thing they want is a steep regression or a big injury and then they get stuck with 11.5 million for years.

For sure though if i think he prefers a team it would be CAR. They are much better set up to win a Cup than PIT.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
For sure though if i think he prefers a team it would be CAR. They are much better set up to win a Cup than PIT.

Just saying what I've seen. Could be biased from following Pittsburgh media more than Carolina, though. As a guy who lost to Sid, Geno, and Letang in the ECF, he may think he puts that group over the top again. Even with the cumulative aging.
MajesticWalrus liked this.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 3:14 p.m.
Quoting: Penguins9387
Just saying what I've seen. Could be biased from following Pittsburgh media more than Carolina, though. As a guy who lost to Sid, Geno, and Letang in the ECF, he may think he puts that group over the top again. Even with the cumulative aging.

Only reason I can see wanting PIT over CAR is Burns is in CAR. He might not want to have to fight for ice time again.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 3:20 p.m.

I think it he preferred Carolina over Pittsburgh; the deal would have been done by now. They absolutely can offer more value that Pitt.
edeangel84 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 3:31 p.m.
CCM46
Quoting: MajesticWalrus
Very good packages that give two good players back. The philly trade is interesting and out of the box. Don't listen to people on here. Within division trades do happen.

As per the EK trade, you definitely have around the right amount to get him but it might take another conditional 1st round pick or 2nd round pick. Anything more and its starting to get into overpay territory.

And losing the youth isn't a big deal i guess. It's not like Sullivan will play them anyway (he's a coach but can't coach well)

The first and last points are literally the definition of "Tell me you know nothing about hockey without telling me you know nothing about hockey"
HulkVader liked this.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 3:38 p.m.
Edited Jul. 15, 2023 at 4:03 p.m.
Quoting: CCM46
The first and last points are literally the definition of "Tell me you know nothing about hockey without telling me you know nothing about hockey"

Words words words but no points to back up what you're saying. You're literally the definition of "don't know what you're talking about" and not just about hockey but anything that spews out of your mind if that's how you make an argument. Source trust me bro.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 3:42 p.m.
JimmyPaek
The 2024 1st for EK I can understand the arguments being made for it even though I don’t agree. However, the 2025 1st has to be 99.9% off limits. Unless we are magically moving that pick to get one of the real elite players in the league, it is completely untouchable. Konecny is not worth a 1st to us at this time. If this was a team like Edmonton where the stars are a decade younger then that picks means nothing, but we aren’t that team. Trades like that would have worked if it’s 2015 but it’s not.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 3:44 p.m.
JimmyPaek
Quoting: jfkst1
I'm not sure Briere would trade with PIT.

Ya but our 2025 1st is going to be a valuable asset and I’d hate to see it go to them. If I’m him I’d be all over it.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 3:45 p.m.
JimmyPaek
Quoting: jbc149
I think it he preferred Carolina over Pittsburgh; the deal would have been done by now. They absolutely can offer more value that Pitt.

It may be less on preference and more on the return. Carolina could offer a very good return but I think they’re probably going to back off. They just don’t make aggressive trades.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 3:50 p.m.
CCM46
Words words words but no points to back up what you're saying. You're literally the defintion of "don't know what you're talking about" and not just about hockey but anything that spews out of your mind if that's how you make an argument. Source trust me bro.

First learn how to spell "definition". Second, anyone with a single brain cell would know why. However, since you would like it spelled out here we go. The Penguins and Flyers have made a total of 11 trades in their history TOTAL. The last one coming 12 years ago and prior to that 8 Years. Hence, snowballs chance in hell they decide to trade a Prime Forward to their rivals no matter the package. These 2 teams just don't trade with each other. Third, I have zero idea where you get Sully is a bad coach. Not only has he won 2 Stanley Cups with the Penguins, but he's also the franchises winningest head coach in 8 years of coaching them and is the longest tenured coach as well. With a 337-187-65 record with the Pens, he's kind of proven he's the opposite of bad.

Anyway now that there's proof to back up the statement "Tell me you know nothing about hockey without telling me you know nothing about hockey". Good Day
Jul. 13, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
"Go sell ice cream!"
Only reason I can see wanting PIT over CAR is Burns is in CAR. He might not want to have to fight for ice time again.

Letang is not great defensively, but he is still better defensively than Burns is. Players have team preferences ALL THE TIME that don't align strictly with winning. I wouldn't be surprised if Karlsson simply wanted to play with Crosby. If he wants to win, Carolina is undoubtedly the best option.
Jul. 13, 2023 at 9:31 p.m.
Quoting: jfkst1
Letang is not great defensively, but he is still better defensively than Burns is. Players have team preferences ALL THE TIME that don't align strictly with winning. I wouldn't be surprised if Karlsson simply wanted to play with Crosby. If he wants to win, Carolina is undoubtedly the best option.

I do agree with you but it's on record Karlsson saying he wants to go to the team that gives him the best chance to win a Cup.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 12:04 p.m.
Flyers declined the only way you are getting Konecny is like 4+ 1st
Brian9Rogers liked this.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 4:01 p.m.
First learn how to spell "definition". Second, anyone with a single brain cell would know why. However, since you would like it spelled out here we go. The Penguins and Flyers have made a total of 11 trades in their history TOTAL. The last one coming 12 years ago and prior to that 8 Years. Hence, snowballs chance in hell they decide to trade a Prime Forward to their rivals no matter the package. These 2 teams just don't trade with each other. Third, I have zero idea where you get Sully is a bad coach. Not only has he won 2 Stanley Cups with the Penguins, but he's also the franchises winningest head coach in 8 years of coaching them and is the longest tenured coach as well. With a 337-187-65 record with the Pens, he's kind of proven he's the opposite of bad.

Anyway now that there's proof to back up the statement "Tell me you know nothing about hockey without telling me you know nothing about hockey". Good Day

Within division trades happen all the time. New management is around for the pens too so things can change in regard to lack of trading with certain teams. Winning team* not coach the pens had the longest playoff entrance streak long before Sullivan was around. If anything Sullivan has yet to get Pittsburgh past the first round for 7 years in a row now. The cups were thanks to two very stacked rosters, a literal chicken 🐔🍗 🐥 behind the bench could've coached those 2 rosters to the cup. Second, learn how to spell "winning" and "winningest" isn't a word. You know nothing about Pittsburgh or hockey.
Jul. 17, 2023 at 8:12 a.m.
CCM46
Within division trades happen all the time. New management is around for the pens too so things can change in regard to lack of trading with certain teams. Winning team* not coach the pens had the longest playoff entrance streak long before Sullivan was around. If anything Sullivan has yet to get Pittsburgh past the first round for 7 years in a row now. The cups were thanks to two very stacked rosters, a literal chicken 🐔🍗 🐥 behind the bench could've coached those 2 rosters to the cup. Second, learn how to spell "winning" and "winningest" isn't a word. You know nothing about Pittsburgh or hockey.[/quote]

So you're just a clown got it. Within division trades do happen, just not between Pens and Flyers. The whole a literal chicken could've could have coached that team comment proves you didn't watch the team before the cup because Mike Johnston was exactly that a literal chicken and the Pens had nothing going before Sully came in ( 15-10-3 under Johnston; 33-16-5 Once Sully took over), but of course I wouldn't expect a clown like yourself to know the facts. Lastly, since you apparently need a Webster's dictionary every 2 seconds:
win·ning·est
adjectiveINFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
having achieved the most success in competition.
"the winningest coach in pro-football history".

Now kindly make like a tree and put the keyboard away before you embarrass yourself even more than what you have here.
Jul. 17, 2023 at 9:34 p.m.
So you're just a clown got it. Within division trades do happen, just not between Pens and Flyers. The whole a literal chicken could've could have coached that team comment proves you didn't watch the team before the cup because Mike Johnston was exactly that a literal chicken and the Pens had nothing going before Sully came in ( 15-10-3 under Johnston; 33-16-5 Once Sully took over), but of course I wouldn't expect a clown like yourself to know the facts. Lastly, since you apparently need a Webster's dictionary every 2 seconds:
win·ning·est
adjectiveINFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
having achieved the most success in competition.
"the winningest coach in pro-football history".

Now kindly make like a tree and put the keyboard away before you embarrass yourself even more than what you have here.
[/quote]

Different roster under different coaches. So what you said there is irrelevant. Nice try though. Slang isn't proper english. Slang appears in dictionaries.
Jul. 18, 2023 at 8:01 a.m.
CCM46

Different roster under different coaches. So what you said there is irrelevant. Nice try though. Slang isn't proper english. Slang appears in dictionaries.[/quote]

Different roster under different coaches. So what you said there is irrelevant. Nice try though. Slang isn't proper english. Slang appears in dictionaries.[/quote]

Homeboy, can I have whatever it is you are smoking? Sullivan was literally was promoted from Wilkes-Barre mid season during 2015-2016 because Johnston couldn't hack it. They had the same roster besides one move and that was trading Perron for Hagelin. So, youre telling me that Hagelin was such a needle mover that he made Pens unbeatable and it had nothing to do with coaching? Truly clown behavior. Additionally, although improper English, winningest is still a word....... "defintion" as you spelled it, is nothing so again if you want to keep clowning I will keep handing out free lessons, but at this point just put the keyboard away.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll