TOR
  1. Dubé, Dillon
  2. Zadorov, Nikita
  3. 2024 1st round pick (CGY)
  4. 2025 2nd round pick (CGY)
CGY
  1. Nylander, William
Additional Details:
William Nylander is acquired by Calgary and then is extended for 8 yrs at $10,000,000 AAV.
TOR
  1. Konecny, Travis ($1,375,000 retained)
  2. Laughton, Scott
Additional Details:
Philadelphia retains 25% of Travis Konecny's salary for the remaining two seasons on his contract.
PHI
  1. Brodie, TJ
  2. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
  3. 2024 1st round pick (CGY)
  4. 2025 2nd round pick (CGY)
  5. 2025 3rd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. 2025 4th round pick (COL)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$83,447,417$0$0$52,583

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,125,000$4,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 16, 2023 at 4:49 p.m.
Danny B is here
Flyers definitely decline this, I would barely accept this for TK with retention
Jul. 16, 2023 at 5:10 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
More craziness about an extension just to make a trade.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
Avs consider this. Still not sure they do any trades rather than just sticking to the UFA market, but this is a fair trade.
bg77 and M96N29 liked this.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 5:40 p.m.
Quoting: Avsfantrumpetman
Avs consider this. Still not sure they do any trades rather than just sticking to the UFA market, but this is a fair trade.

Hello Avsfantrumpetman,

Thanks for the feedback! I figured with question marks surrounding Landeskog's future, a window has opened for Colorado to add cheaper middle-six options to round out their roster while his contract is on LTIR, and Jarnkrok at $2,100,000 helps your team out in my opinion.

I do agree with you that there could be players they can sign for just as reasonable contracts available as free agents right now, but I'm not sure if they would all want 3 year term.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 5:47 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
More craziness about an extension just to make a trade.

Hello palhal,

What about trading Nylander in a sign-and-trade is craziness? Dubois, Debrincat, and Horvat are just a few recent examples where this has also taken place. The Flames also extended Huberdeau and Weegar immediately after acquiring them last summer. Calgary is desperate for scoring help and there would be a huge incentive for them to acquire him now so they can get a head start in signing him. They just traded away Tyler Toffoli who was their only 30 goal scorer last season, and there are concerns about other players in the final of their contracts leaving for nothing. They also get the advantage of being able to offer the extra year.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 6:09 p.m.
Quoting: GMDannyB
Flyers definitely decline this, I would barely accept this for TK with retention

Hello GMDannyB,

What do you want me to add hahahahaha. Also what insiders are telling you that your boy TK gets more? I'm giving you Brodie (2nd plus prospect at deadline), two firsts that you keep vouching for, a second, and a third. Laughton is a third liner on a deep playoff team, he won't get the power-play time that Philly gave him in most other teams.

When Alex Debrincat had more team control at the 2022 draft, Ottawa gave up 7th overall, a 2nd, and a third for what could have been two years of control, exact same as TK. You are getting 2 firsts, 1 second, 1 third, plus Brodie which again is a 2nd and a prospect at the deadline. Brodie also can help guide Cam York on the blueline as his partner until you trade him.

I'm not even rattled I'm just amazed that you think TK is any different than the other players that I have mentioned here and in the previous thread. Genuinely curious where you are at with this and what insiders you have heard say that he gets more.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 6:13 p.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: bg77
Hello GMDannyB,

What do you want me to add hahahahaha. Also what insiders are telling you that your boy TK gets more? I'm giving you Brodie (2nd plus prospect at deadline), two firsts that you keep vouching for, a second, and a third. Laughton is a third liner on a deep playoff team, he won't get the power-play time that Philly gave him in most other teams.

When Alex Debrincat had more team control at the 2022 draft, Ottawa gave up 7th overall, a 2nd, and a third for what could have been two years of control, exact same as TK. You are getting 2 firsts, 1 second, 1 third, plus Brodie which again is a 2nd and a prospect at the deadline. Brodie also can help guide Cam York on the blueline as his partner until you trade him.

I'm not even rattled I'm just amazed that you think TK is any different than the other players that I have mentioned here and in the previous thread. Genuinely curious where you are at with this and what insiders you have heard say that he gets more.

TK for two 1sts (not enough Briere wants more)
3rd for 50% retention on TK
Laughton for 2nd and Brodie (Brodie = 2nd according to you) yet the Flyers turned down a 1st and a 2nd for him already but they would accept less than that now?

Ur forgetting one thing every time u post that Briere doesn’t need to move either player unless his asking price is met.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 6:14 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Hello palhal,

What about trading Nylander in a sign-and-trade is craziness? Dubois, Debrincat, and Horvat are just a few recent examples where this has also taken place. The Flames also extended Huberdeau and Weegar immediately after acquiring them last summer. Calgary is desperate for scoring help and there would be a huge incentive for them to acquire him now so they can get a head start in signing him. They just traded away Tyler Toffoli who was their only 30 goal scorer last season, and there are concerns about other players in the final of their contracts leaving for nothing. They also get the advantage of being able to offer the extra year.

Thank you for proving my point. Your examples aren't even close the Nylander situation.

Now think. Can you think of an example where a CONTENDING Cup team, tells one of star players, who has one year left on his contract ....."We want your ass off this team, so hurry and sign a contract with a team of our choice so we can trade you. And if you can't come to an agreement, you are welcome back to our team for a Cup run.

CONTENDING teams acquire upcoming UFAs all the time, especially at TDL knowing full well they won't be resigning those players.

Dubois and DeBrincat were not under contract as July 1st. they were going to be RFAs, so they had the right to negotiate all teams on July 1st. The Kings and Wings, and those two players made a conditional offer as long as trade could be worked out, without going the league's compensation rules, or the Jets/Sens and bypassing the Jets/Sens being able to match if there were offer sheets

Horvat was on. a non playoff team was going to a UFA in a few months and was traded to team that was trying to make a playoffs playoff team.....that happens all the time, and isn't similar to the situation your Nylander scenario.

The actual trade for Tkachuk was good for both teams. The Flames were under no obligation to sign Huberdeau and Weager. They could have been Flames for a year and left as UFAs or the Flames could have traded them at TDL for futures. Huberdeau looks like the worse contract in the league. 10.5m X 8 for a likely declining winger whose deal starts at 30 years of age.

Calgary, gee they can't make the playoffs last season, with all their upcoming UFA....Lindholm, Backlund, Hanifan, Zaradov, and Toffelli. Makes sense if the Flames don't think they are playoff or certainly Cup contenders to trade those player....Toffelli has already been traded.
The Flames situation compared to the Leafs isn't similar at all.

Leafs have Matthews, Nylander, Bertuzzi, Brodie, Domi all upcoming UFA. By your logic shouldn't the Leafs allow those five upcoming UFAs to negotiate extensions with other teams now.

Yep, Thinking players under contract from contending team being allowed to negotiate a contract with another team, is craziness. Just doesn't happen.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 7:18 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Thank you for proving my point. Your examples aren't even close the Nylander situation.

Now think. Can you think of an example where a CONTENDING Cup team, tells one of star players, who has one year left on his contract ....."We want your ass off this team, so hurry and sign a contract with a team of our choice so we can trade you. And if you can't come to an agreement, you are welcome back to our team for a Cup run.

CONTENDING teams acquire upcoming UFAs all the time, especially at TDL knowing full well they won't be resigning those players.

Dubois and DeBrincat were not under contract as July 1st. they were going to be RFAs, so they had the right to negotiate all teams on July 1st. The Kings and Wings, and those two players made a conditional offer as long as trade could be worked out, without going the league's compensation rules, or the Jets/Sens and bypassing the Jets/Sens being able to match if there were offer sheets

Horvat was on. a non playoff team was going to a UFA in a few months and was traded to team that was trying to make a playoffs playoff team.....that happens all the time, and isn't similar to the situation your Nylander scenario.

The actual trade for Tkachuk was good for both teams. The Flames were under no obligation to sign Huberdeau and Weager. They could have been Flames for a year and left as UFAs or the Flames could have traded them at TDL for futures. Huberdeau looks like the worse contract in the league. 10.5m X 8 for a likely declining winger whose deal starts at 30 years of age.

Calgary, gee they can't make the playoffs last season, with all their upcoming UFA....Lindholm, Backlund, Hanifan, Zaradov, and Toffelli. Makes sense if the Flames don't think they are playoff or certainly Cup contenders to trade those player....Toffelli has already been traded.
The Flames situation compared to the Leafs isn't similar at all.

Leafs have Matthews, Nylander, Bertuzzi, Brodie, Domi all upcoming UFA. By your logic shouldn't the Leafs allow those five upcoming UFAs to negotiate extensions with other teams now.

Yep, Thinking players under contract from contending team being allowed to negotiate a contract with another team, is craziness. Just doesn't happen.

William Nylander would be given permission to speak to teams that are not on his no-trade list if the Leafs wanted to though? They could literally just tell you we aren't meeting $10,000,000 and then trade him, the whole RFA / UFA thing doesn't really matter in this circumstance, it's the team control that matters. Another example of this is Hampus Lindholm when he got traded from Anaheim to Boston he immediately signed an 8 year extension that was pre-approved. Calgary is in a weird spot where they are too good to tank, they had a better record than Florida last year so they could easily bounceback and in my mind will treat this season as playoffs or bust.

If Calgary gave him the money he wants I think he would definitely do it. If he plays the year out and has a bad year or gets hurt he might not get $10,000,000 next summer.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 7:25 p.m.
Laughton for 2nd and Brodie (Brodie = 2nd according to you) yet the Flyers turned down a 1st and a 2nd for him already but they would accept less than that now?

Ur forgetting one thing every time u post that Briere doesn’t need to move either player unless his asking price is met.

What insiders did you see this from though? You keep saying this is Briere's ask but there is no proof anywhere that this is his ask. Where did you see this and how do you know he's going to get it? Jakob Chychrun's ask was multiple 1sts, and Arizona didn't get that, so teams set these parameters all the time, it doesn't mean it materializes.

Here is a link showing the ask from last October reported by Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek. In hindsight we now know what they got in return was not equal to the ask.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/coyotes-want-to-trade-chychrun-but-price-remains-high/

Also how do we know Briere turned down a first and second for Laughton??? Briere has only been on the job for 4 months, there isn't enough evidence that he always gets exactly what he wants in trades, that's my point.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 7:26 p.m.

What additional pieces from the Leafs system would you want? I personally want to see so I can determine if I would actually make the trade or not. Thanks for sharing I find this interesting
Jul. 16, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.
Danny B is here
What insiders did you see this from though? You keep saying this is Briere's ask but there is no proof anywhere that this is his ask. Where did you see this and how do you know he's going to get it? Jakob Chychrun's ask was multiple 1sts, and Arizona didn't get that, so teams set these parameters all the time, it doesn't mean it materializes.

Here is a link showing the ask from last October reported by Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek. In hindsight we now know what they got in return was not equal to the ask.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/coyotes-want-to-trade-chychrun-but-price-remains-high/

Also how do we know Briere turned down a first and second for Laughton??? Briere has only been on the job for 4 months, there isn't enough evidence that he always gets exactly what he wants in trades, that's my point.

Seravalli tweeted or said on podcast that they turned down a 1st and 2nd from the Blues. Di Marco and Friedman both talked about the Flyers turning down offers for Laughton and Pagnotta tweeted the Sens were very interested. On one of the Snow the Goalie podcasts, Ant San Philly talked about Briere’s ask for both Hart and TK. Ant San Philly and Di Marco are both Philly’s main insiders that always leak everything before it happens and are very well connected.
bg77 liked this.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 8:22 p.m.
Seravalli tweeted or said on podcast that they turned down a 1st and 2nd from the Blues. Di Marco and Friedman both talked about the Flyers turning down offers for Laughton and Pagnotta tweeted the Sens were very interested. On one of the Snow the Goalie podcasts, Ant San Philly talked about Briere’s ask for both Hart and TK. Ant San Philly and Di Marco are both Philly’s main insiders that always leak everything before it happens and are very well connected.

Fair enough, I believe you. I just found the Seravalli report online. I think turning down a first and second for Laughton is insanity if they are cool with moving him. Maybe Briere wants him around for the start of the rebuild for a veteran presence. No chance he gets offered more than that for him again barring him turning into a 65 point guy, the only incentive to taking him is the term at $3,000,000. The other thing too is that St. Louis literally had 3 first rounders this year so there is less incentive for them to hold onto your 1st rounders.

From the outside looking in, I personally see Laughton's value as maybe two 2nds, or a 2nd and a 3rd, plus a mid-tier prospect. Nothing more, Leafs can find someone like him elsewhere if need be.

In my opinion, Travis Konecny ideally is worth a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a decent prospect. Either this or something equal to that package. I honestly will be surprised if your team gets substantially more, but I can appreciate Philadelphia setting a price, and fans such as yourself expecting more based on reports. I respect that.

From my perspective as a Leafs fan, if we were to trade Nylander or Marner, as heavily rumoured throughout the league, I would have huge expectations. But I know deep down that I may be disappointed in the return simply because of the salary cap climate in the league.

I appreciate you telling me about these reports, I enjoy learning more from fans of different teams. I disagree about the return but maybe when/if TK is traded we can circle back and see what the return ends up being. Thanks for sharing, I always enjoy the debate, all the best!
GMDannyB liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll