C, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 5
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$805,000$805,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 26, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
if I'm the Flyers, I'm not trading TK to OTT without either Greig or Pinto for now. Just my opinion.
Nightowl26 and GMDannyB liked this.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 10:17 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: sk540
if I'm the Flyers, I'm not trading TK to OTT without either Greig or Pinto for now. Just my opinion.

Yup 100% this trade is bad. Joseph’s contract is so bad it probably costs a 2nd and Lassi just to dump lol
Jul. 26, 2023 at 10:33 a.m.
Don't mind the unrealistic comments, this is a good proposal.

Facts are :

- DeBrincat is actually younger than Konecny
- DeBrincat came with a 4 years extension, Konecny has 2 years left
- Konecny had a better season (although missed 22 games) but DeBrincat has the much longer track record

Sure the Flyers are not in a rush to trade Konecny so the return could be a little better but there's a limit to this

Dominik Kubalik > Mathieu Joseph *
Donovan Sebrango < Lassi Thomson
2024 1st round pick (DET) =2024 1st round pick (DET)
2024 4th round pick (DET) << 2025 2nd round pick (OTT)

Mathieu Joseph might not be a problem at all anymore as soon as next season as the cap rises and if he goes back to putting a similar season as 2021-22... a 30 pts bottom-6 defensive forward who excels on the PK is valuable at 2.95 AAV

But for "CF reasons", I put Kubalik as more valuable as he should be for this season. He's UFA though so all you have after is the cap space
Echlz liked this.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
Don't mind the unrealistic comments, this is a good proposal.

Facts are :

- DeBrincat is actually younger than Konecny
- DeBrincat came with a 4 years extension, Konecny has 2 years left
- Konecny had a better season (although missed 22 games) but DeBrincat has the much longer track record

Sure the Flyers are not in a rush to trade Konecny so the return could be a little better but there's a limit to this

Dominik Kubalik > Mathieu Joseph *
Donovan Sebrango < Lassi Thomson
2024 1st round pick (DET) =2024 1st round pick (DET)
2024 4th round pick (DET) << 2025 2nd round pick (OTT)

Mathieu Joseph might not be a problem at all anymore as soon as next season as the cap rises and if he goes back to putting a similar season as 2021-22... a 30 pts bottom-6 defensive forward who excels on the PK is valuable at 2.95 AAV

But for "CF reasons", I put Kubalik as more valuable as he should be for this season. He's UFA though so all you have after is the cap space

Agree to disagree. I think the Flyers would 100% pass on this deal. I think Joseph is overpaid for what he is and it's a big IF if he returns to his 21-22 form.

I also love some of the points people make for TK and ADB, such as, ADB is younger. He's younger by 10 months, it's an absolute moot point.

ADB came with a 4 year extension, TK only has 2 years remaining. OK, so in two years when the "older" TK is up for an extension, every team has more money since the cap has gone up and your cap situation is in a better position. TK can probably garner what ADB will get in two years, so you have the same player pretty much, but with two years of more wiggle room.

The quality of the team around him also helps, as he was on a wing with perhaps the greatest american born player ever, while TK has never had a player like that, save for the few instances TK played on G's wing. G primarily played LW with Voracek on the right wing, and only played C half the season before he got traded to FLA.

ADB also had the advantage of playing more minutes in general and has been employed on the PP way more than TK has in his career.

In summation, I think I'd prefer TK than ADB. I think ADB benefitted a lot from playing with Kane and no one in front of him and TK has been on a worse team with lesser linemates and less time on the ice. I also think TK's trending in a much better way than ADB and I wouldn't have given all that money to a guy off a down year like DET did, but he's not your problem anymore.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 8:04 p.m.
Agree to disagree. I think the Flyers would 100% pass on this deal. I think Joseph is overpaid for what he is and it's a big IF if he returns to his 21-22 form.

I also love some of the points people make for TK and ADB, such as, ADB is younger. He's younger by 10 months, it's an absolute moot point.

ADB came with a 4 year extension, TK only has 2 years remaining. OK, so in two years when the "older" TK is up for an extension, every team has more money since the cap has gone up and your cap situation is in a better position. TK can probably garner what ADB will get in two years, so you have the same player pretty much, but with two years of more wiggle room.

The quality of the team around him also helps, as he was on a wing with perhaps the greatest american born player ever, while TK has never had a player like that, save for the few instances TK played on G's wing. G primarily played LW with Voracek on the right wing, and only played C half the season before he got traded to FLA.

ADB also had the advantage of playing more minutes in general and has been employed on the PP way more than TK has in his career.

In summation, I think I'd prefer TK than ADB. I think ADB benefitted a lot from playing with Kane and no one in front of him and TK has been on a worse team with lesser linemates and less time on the ice. I also think TK's trending in a much better way than ADB and I wouldn't have given all that money to a guy off a down year like DET did, but he's not your problem anymore.

You're missing the most important distinction. ADB only "came with a 4 year extension" because he was an RFA. He effectively had a NTC because he could just tell any other team he would refuse to sign with them. The Senators market for ADB was limited to only the teams ADB was willing to sign with. The Flyers market for TK has no restrictions. More bidders = higher offers.
Jul. 27, 2023 at 10:19 a.m.

Joseph was overpaid last season but in 2021-22, he might have been underpaid with his ES production and PK excellence. At the end of the day, he only makes 2.95 AAV so it can't be a significant overpayment. I'd much rather bet on a bounce back season than pay anything to ditch his contract.

I wouldn't mind paying to UPGRADE on him but that's where it stops.

ok the age factor is not important I agree. It's just because there could a perception that it was the opposite

"Every team will have more money" remains to be seen... players get more expensive, many teams will continue to spend to the max

I don't disagree with anything else you said but while ADB played with Kane before, he had his career high in assists last season and only 12 pts below his career high in points playing with :

- a rookie center who had just missed his whole 21 y/o season due to injury

- a RW who was also coming back from a major injury and had to deal with TC WJC 2018 scrutiny, which most likely affected him, guilty or not.

The thing is if Ottawa trades for Konecny, they'd be in a similar situation than they were with DeBrincat. It is risky. I'd be ready to pay a bit more for Konecny than what ADB returned, but there's a limit to that. The proposed deal in this ACGM is reasonable in that sense. I'd be ready to up that a little bit but not too much

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll